[3.15] Essence Drain 6.6 Mil DoT DPS | Very Beginner Friendly

"
"
Havoc209 wrote:
"
Darkxellmc wrote:
Actually interesting.
LL Edtrickster is a build I usually disregard as being strictly inferior to hybrid, but this is pretty good.

You should replace eldritch knowledge with Transcendent mind, it's 12% dotmulti in your setup, and you'd even gain some mana recovery rate.
I don't like the use of skitterbots, a 10% shock on top of spider and wither is just a waste of 35% mana imo. Even a purity would be more value (or maybe a blasphemy... idk about that).

That said, what's the point? With a hybrid version using both ED and blight (exactly same playstyle as this, since you use blight for infusion anyways), you're achieving very similar damage numbers. But the tankyness just goes through the roof. 8.5k ES is alright, especially with ED's massive regen, don't get me wrong. But no phys/ele reduction and 8k es means oneshots are still present. Also, it's hard to do hard delve bosses with this setup.
If you go hybrid, you're less starved for passive points, able to get 75% dodge, same to higher HP pool, wind dancer for a sweet oneshot protection and 20k evasion jsut as a bonus. Damage wise, I'm at 2M dps on ED and 3.5M on blight, so it's exactly the same (I don't use vaal rf).

For lowlife, I'd rather just go occultist tbh. But I get the need for trickster's speed, occultist sure is slower.

Anyways. Thanks for the guide. I'll be sure to redirect people who want to play LL ed-C trickster here instead, as this is the only setup that actually tickles my interest!

I definitely appreciate your feedback! I will try that and see how it works. Yeah this build is more focused on damage as opposed to survival. My goal was to farm Legions at the hardest and highest tier possible. The Skitterbots setup is only for the end game bosses since there is no need for the blind from Flesh and Stone AND you don't really need the mana regen if you don't spam. I actually directed a few hardcore players to your build who were interested in playing Essence Drain. You put out a great guide as well that I was checking out earlier today!

Hey, could you point me to his build? I've already tried yours in the soft league and now i'm curious about some hardcore playstyle, but i would need something tankier.

Thank you! :D
thank you for the guide. i have watched the LL youtube video and am following this one to the letter at the moment, i am trying to see if i want to league start as this next league, this or some raider thing.

i have nearly finished the acts, but i do have a question,

have there been any hybrid builds that have caught your eye? i am sick and tired of getting 1 shot in t16 maps / to bosses cause i keep playing builds that sacrifice defence for dmg.

i understand ur iteration of LL ed/contagion is higher dps with less defensive layers, is there any guide or ed build you would reccomend for less dps but more survivability?

also, in your levelling pob, in your skills section // bane levelling with unique curse ring // you have controlled destruction listed, but on the text guide here you have void manipulation listed instead of controlled dest in the 6 link, which 1 is better?

thanks
Nice Build ty for everything
It is really very understandable and every detail is processed.
Last edited by DeliDoctor on Jun 11, 2021, 7:31:44 PM
so is this viable in 3.15?
"
chunlin05 wrote:

Ed contagion is very much alive and well in 3.15. There will be changes to the skill tree so all builds will need a little revision for people that follow them node for node. Also most/all builds will have to sacrifice a few node to grab ailment immunity nodes this league so yes Ed contagion is still great, but also people will need to do minor updates to their guides :)
This guide seems to be a lot better than the "ultimate Ed trickster". Will follow this one in 3.15. Will you update it once the league starts?
"
"
Havoc209 wrote:
"
Darkxellmc wrote:

Hey, could you point me to his build? I've already tried yours in the soft league and now i'm curious about some hardcore playstyle, but i would need something tankier.

Thank you! :D

The build in question is not maintained since ultimatum start, as several nerfs + me not playing make it quite outdated. I would curently not recommend playing it, but for posterity's sake, here it is: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2581551

Also, I posted this ages ago. How did you find this? XD
Last edited by Darkxellmc on Jul 22, 2021, 12:26:32 PM
"
chunlin05 wrote:
Yes

I was told this build was actually buffed, but I did not read too much from the patch notes as I have not had much spare time
"
Tyraelmx wrote:
This guide seems to be a lot better than the "ultimate Ed trickster". Will follow this one in 3.15. Will you update it once the league starts?
Hello

Yes I will be league starting this build and tweaking it as I go along. I work that day so I will be on a couple hours after it launches.
Thanks for all the offort!
Just wondering if i can still use the PoB Link(Leveling to 90 which is 3.13) in 3.15 mode for 3.15 release.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info