[3.15] Essence Drain 6.6 Mil DoT DPS | Very Beginner Friendly

so its my second season and I went through your build Havoc (after some youtube/twitch videos) and im still 75 with budget mind over matter. my main problem is the ED cast time. i using bow/quiver and while mapping/bossing im strugling cause i run out of mana too many times. previously removes EB because i was dying for everything, literally. should i go up to 80's and change to CI or do you have any other recommendation ?

Spoiler

best regards
Hi

In your notes, you suggest levelling up 5 essence drain gems. Can you please explain why?

Thanks
G
"
GrayzaOz1 wrote:
you suggest levelling up 5 essence drain gems. Can you please explain why?
Getting a lvl 21 ED gem is an important damage upgrade. Cheapest way to get one is level a bunch of them to 20 and slam with vaal orbs hoping for an upgrade. However if you play in trade league, you can just buy the gem already at 21.
I started playing your build this league as my second char and am about uo to low 80s and coming together nicely. I noticed in your guide you talk about how important the lvls of your essence drain and everything is with empower and the damage that comes from it.

I was just curious about dmg wise I found a very nice wand with a +1 to all spell skills and +1 to all chaos spell skills on it. Wouldn't this be more damage or close to a bow/quiver setup and better if you had a second wand with +1 to all chaos spell skills again?
Last edited by TrillOnTwitch on May 9, 2021, 1:49:54 AM
"
brettlocke10 wrote:
So far so good, I am on the CI version of this build.
I have 8k Energy shield and really High evasion, but if I get hit even once I'm dead! How are you doing in terms of survivability and especially in Ultimatums? I want to go into Similacrums but the survivability is messing with me. Appreciate the help, thanks.

My Pob: https://pastebin.com/nTN7CFCn
Hi

Everything dies relatively quickly. Keep in mind I am the full low life version, the only thing I am missing is an Empower 4 which is my next buy.

Simalacrums are pretty easy from my experience once you are full build, the hardest is wave 20, and I have completed it completely deathless, but I have also ripped Simalacrums from the learning experience. It's also a LOT of running around making sure you do not get hit and make sure your flasks are popped and up 100% of the time you are in it.

Nice gear! I recommend getting a Shavronne's Wrappings and a Presence of Chayula and switching over to low life, you will get a -TON- of damage. Once you do this you can remove your Escape Artist ascendancy and pick up Swift Killer. You need Presence of Chayula so you cannot be stunned, that is why Escape Artist is perfect.
Switching over to Low life is 30% MORE damage, on top of that you will be using another aura Zealotry, which is a lot of damage, also Aspect of the Spider would be a lot of damage if you can afford to put this on an item that will not trigger it (putting Arrogance in with the item.) You will see what I mean if you do this as Aspect of the Spider will reserve Health.

I would drop Clarity for now since it is kind of useless since they nerfed Blood Magic. If you have mana issues just make you sure get the mana reservation nodes and the mana % which it looks like you already have.
"
lordspirit wrote:
im still 75 with budget mind over matter. my main problem is the ED cast time. i using bow/quiver and while mapping/bossing im strugling cause i run out of mana too many times. previously removes EB because i was dying for everything, literally. should i go up to 80's and change to CI or do you have any other recommendation ?

best regards
Hi

Yeah the cast time can be very annoying. You can get quality on your faster casting and get a higher level gem, but other than that, there's not much we can do.

Oh wow. The recommendation I have first is to get an Essence Drain level 21 gem please!!!

Also you do not need a Life flask, pickup a Sulphur Flask
Maybe an Empower 4 if you can afford it? Other than that once you get that get some good jewels and then if you really wanted to min-max you can get gloves with % damage.

But yes the cast time is annoying to play around. It is one of those things that if you can't get over or around it, the build probably isn't for you sadly.
Keep in mind it's one of the fastest / cheapest league starters in my opinion.
"
GrayzaOz1 wrote:
Hi

In your notes, you suggest levelling up 5 essence drain gems. Can you please explain why?

Thanks
G
Hi

I suggest doing this because Essence Drain level 21 at the beginning of a league is close to 1 Exalted Orb, and then it dwindles down to about 50 chaos, and 40 chaos, and you get the picture, each week a league is active

Usually, in my experience, I have corrupted all 6 of my Essence Drain gems, and I have NOT hit a 21 Essence Drain.
So I still recommend buying a 21 Essence Drain if you can afford it, and then if you can get lucky and actually corrupt one of your gems, you can sell it.
"
TrillOnTwitch wrote:
I started playing your build this league as my second char and am about uo to low 80s and coming together nicely. I noticed in your guide you talk about how important the lvls of your essence drain and everything is with empower and the damage that comes from it.

I was just curious about dmg wise I found a very nice wand with a +1 to all spell skills and +1 to all chaos spell skills on it. Wouldn't this be more damage or close to a bow/quiver setup and better if you had a second wand with +1 to all chaos spell skills again?
Hi

Yes this would be much better, however they are usually very expensive early on. So I haven't really added it to the trade searches because of the pricing, but the chaos damage to levels would be very very nice to use, only pretty much for leveling, or for CI until you get the bow. But the bow with the Soul Strike I believe is more survivability which is very needed.
So I just finished act 10, now I'm going for the CI build.Is it better to buy 1 bow or 2 wands?
"
mrjuicyaf wrote:
So I just finished act 10, now I'm going for the CI build.Is it better to buy 1 bow or 2 wands?
Hi

So it usually depends

The bow is better, however it costs more. So I usually rock two wands until I can afford a 6 link bow.
you seem to contradict some skill sets up in act 3 listing notes vs here. and god damn this is not a good starter build. the unique needed are expensive af. ~ died at 33 to fire dmg due to low res act 3 ~
"
IronMADMAN wrote:
died at 33 to fire dmg due to low res act 3
I don't think a build guide should tell you "cap ele resists if you don't want to be dying", this is a job of "introduction to POE" guide... Subjects like "how do I link support gems" or "why should I use flasks" should also be covered in generic guides it's not a build specific thing.

Also if by "died" you mean on hardcore, seriously don't touch hardcore until you played at least 1 softcore character in an end game (lvl 90+, killed some bosses).

Plus this isn't a hardcore-oriented build anyway. If you want one, I recommend checking Zizaran's youtube channel, he has plenty build guides and he usually plays SSFHC.
Thanks for the feedback and right direction!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info