[3.15] Essence Drain 6.6 Mil DoT DPS | Very Beginner Friendly

It's a great guide and awesome PoB! Thx, man!
Hi all

I just wanted to give an update. So I don't really like the new Vaal Righteous Fire, 60% is a LOT of health to lose for the damage, and Clarity isn't really as helpful anymore.

I recommend removing Vaal Righteous Fire, and Clarity, and picking up another 2-Link, Immortal Call and Cast When Damage Taken.

I removed Zealotry and Malevolence from the links with Infused Channeling and Vaal Blight.

I linked the Immortal Call and Cast When Damage Taken together with the Infused Channeling and Vaal Blight.
If anyone has questions just look at my Ultimatum character KingHavoc under the account Havoc209.

I am NOT Updating the guide with this as of yet, because I have not fully tested this completely, I am very behind only in yellow maps because it's MY third day of the league, but currently but it feels a LOT safer with this setup.

"
RiceOrRiot wrote:

Having fun with the build thanks
Hi
Very nice gear, I am on my way trying to catch up to you!! I missed out on two weeks but I am back and very much enjoying Ultimatum.
"
Raven0rr wrote:
It's a great guide and awesome PoB! Thx, man!
Hi
Thank you!!

Currently lvl 92. Just recently transitioned into lowlife.

I must say leveling as well as early mapping was a breeze! Super fast super reliable and lots of fun. However once I started going into early red tier maps I struggled hard with some boss fights and conquerors until I transitioned into lowlife. Now its much smoother but I still feel kinda squishy due to lack of EHP and defensive layers.

Haven't fought my first Awakener yet but slowly approaching AwakenerLevel 5 for my first attempt this league and Im kinda scared.

Damage during Ultimatums seems great, clearing does as well its just some bosses Im struggling with, its not the dmg but rather my tankyness. Once I get hit its over.

Any tips for my build and items? (ignore the Ventors as I am just using them for early red tier maps + Ultimatums)

Also is there a reason you are not using cluster jewels instead of going to the minion wheel? I dont see why the couple minion nodes would be better than a decent chaos cluster?
Last edited by Sxing on May 1, 2021, 9:50:43 AM
"
Sxing wrote:
Any tips for my build and items? (ignore the Ventors as I am just using them for early red tier maps + Ultimatums)

Also is there a reason you are not using cluster jewels instead of going to the minion wheel? I dont see why the couple minion nodes would be better than a decent chaos cluster?
Hi

So just at a glance, it looks like you could definitely use some upgrades: here are some big ones.

Essence Drain level 21 gem
Empower level 4 (DON'T GET SCAMMED BUYING THIS) - if you cannot afford Empower 4, just buy an Empower 3 for now until you can afford it.
A Bated breath belt with the implicit "Malevolence has Increased Aura Effect"
Tranquility Neck Annointment
Level Arcane Surge to level 9 so you get as much spell damage as possible EACH Contagion cast

So recently I tested removing Clarity, and removing Vaal Righteous Fire.
The reason for Vaal Righteous Fire removal, it is nerfed a bit, it used to take 30% of your Energy Shield when you casted it previously, now it takes 60% of your Energy Shield... which is a LOT, and you don't really feel comfortable when you hit it.
The reason for the Clarity is they nerfed Arrogance a little bit, it now takes more health for the auras, so you cannot run Clarity at level 11, you can only run at Clarity at level 2, which is ONLY worth it if you have the watcher's eye jewel with the Clarity mod on it.
I replaced these two gems with a Immortal call / Cast When Damage taken - and I kept these gems at level 5 or 6.
I believe this will help survivability a bit.

The reason for no Cluster jewels, is the skill points isn't really worth the clusters, in my opinion.
I tinkered with the clusters for hours, I only gained about 200k damage from using them, but I lost over around 1000+ Energy Shield, that doesn't really seem worth it to me especially because this build doesn't have much defenses, so all the Energy Shield really does matter.
Overall: For Essence Drain I believe the skill tree is better than Cluster Jewels, there are too many good passives skills on the tree that you would have to lose in order to run a cluster
Last edited by Havoc209 on May 1, 2021, 8:18:04 PM
I have a question about Shavronne's. I'm new to ED and its my 2nd league. I read a lot about this build but i still wonder.
Why is this item so good, even if we stack Chaos Res with Chayula's amulet?
If we went with a body armor with the base that gives Evasion/Es, wouldnt it give a ton of evasion/es because of Escape Artist?
Without Shavronne's, Is it much harder to go low life?
I feel like the evasion could help a lot more defensively wise, but I have no experience with poe yet.
Also, why you guys choose to not pick Phase Acrobatics with a Therad of Hope jewel?
Last edited by Svaliinn on May 2, 2021, 2:42:41 PM
"
Svaliinn wrote:
I have a question about Shavronne's. I'm new to ED and its my 2nd league. I read a lot about this build but i still wonder.
Because even with high chaos res the old meta was to reserve so much life you'd have like 10 life left so chaos damage would still 1-shot you. Resists normally cap at 75% so you can't be immune to that type of damage (outside of chaos inoculation which prevents you from putting auras on life).

This league low life was changed to 50% of your life (instead of 30%(?) it was before) so some people are trying to play "hybrid" with high ES, petrified blood (new effect that helps stagger hit damage at low life) and reserving only half of your life instead of 99%. But that leaves you less space for auras. Auras usually provide high damage boosts or defensive benefits, so you want to squeeze as many useful ones as possible (through reserving majority of both life and mana and getting some reservation reduction passives from the tree).
i thought that chaos dot and chaos damage on bows no longer effected spells.. so why are you still using bow / quiver? what am i not getting?
"
tony32p wrote:
i thought that chaos dot and chaos damage on bows no longer effected spells..
On quivers, not on bows. You can use soul strike instead for high ES.
"
Svaliinn wrote:
If we went with a body armor with the base that gives Evasion/Es, wouldnt it give a ton of evasion/es because of Escape Artist?
Without Shavronne's, Is it much harder to go low life?
I feel like the evasion could help a lot more defensively wise, but I have no experience with poe yet.
Also, why you guys choose to not pick Phase Acrobatics with a Therad of Hope jewel?
Hi

Shavronne's is the BEST low-life armor that most builds go to because of the modifier "Chaos damage does not bypass Energy Shield"
There really isn't any other thing like this other than the "Solaris Lorica" armor, which gives you Armor instead of Energy Shield, or the "Coruscating Elixir," which is not reliable since it is not up all the time.

The only thing Resistance does it reduces the damage you take from spells, it does not make you immune to it, so you do want as high of resistance as possible, but that isn't enough without Shavronne's to go low-life.
The point of this build is like Viktranka said, using as many auras as possible that help us, while also giving us "Pain Attunment" giving us tons of damage.

Phase Acrobatics might not be a bad idea, however I'm not sure if we could fit the points in. Maybe lose a little bit of damage for the 30% dodge to spells it might be worth it. I will have to test it out this league.
"
tony32p wrote:
i thought that chaos dot and chaos damage on bows no longer effected spells.. so why are you still using bow / quiver? what am i not getting?
Hi

Like Viktranka said again, man I need to hire this guy.. just kidding, the only thing that got hit with the nerfbat was Quivers not having damage on them, however, I didn't even use a damage quiver with this build to begin with, I use Soul-Strike because I believe the more Energy Shield, the better.

Bows didn't get touched at all
So far so good, I am on the CI version of this build.
I have 8k Energy shield and really High evasion, but if I get hit even once I'm dead! How are you doing in terms of survivability and especially in Ultimatums? I want to go into Similacrums but the survivability is messing with me. Appreciate the help, thanks.

My Pob: https://pastebin.com/nTN7CFCn

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info