[3.15] Essence Drain 6.6 Mil DoT DPS | Very Beginner Friendly

"
Alexnova32 wrote:
This build can slay Sirus? Maeven?
It can but:
1. Requires investment.
2. It's fairly slow.
3. Requires you to dodge boss abilities (can't facetank).

However if you're wondering whether it's "the best" build to kill bosses, probably not. Dot builds don't reach the same damage as meta bosskiller builds.

It's also a fairly deceptive question because if Mathil can kill Maven with X build doesn't mean an average player can.
"
Viktranka wrote:
"
Alexnova32 wrote:
This build can slay Sirus? Maeven?
It can but:
1. Requires investment.
2. It's fairly slow.
3. Requires you to dodge boss abilities (can't facetank).

However if you're wondering whether it's "the best" build to kill bosses, probably not. Dot builds don't reach the same damage as meta bosskiller builds.

It's also a fairly deceptive question because if Mathil can kill Maven with X build doesn't mean an average player can.

Okay, thx.
Heya, I only started playing this league and have been following this guide for my first solo character (not SSF, I've just been playing a Berserker with a more experienced friend). So now that I've reached the low-life part and level 85 I wanted to drop a big thank you, because this guide has been super helpful getting started. Not just for this build specifically, but also for crafting and familiarizing myself with some really helpful tools like the trade website and PoB. Awesome work!
Hey all

So I've been very MIA, however I am back and ready as hell for Scourge. It sounds extremely fun.

My honest opinion on being a Trickster and going this Essence Drain build, is while I think it will still work, I don't think it is the most optimal setup.

Them removing the "cannot be stunned while having ghost shrouds" slaughters this entire early game until we get a Presence of Chayula, which is not for a couple weeks into the league, at most.

So, that being said... I think I am going to switch to the Witch - and will be an Occultist instead of Trickster.

I will need to remake the entire forum post, and every path of buildings, but I will hopefully do so in the next week before Scourge drops.

I was actually eyeing the occultist before they removed the stun on the Trickster, now this just confirms I should definitely switch over.

Does anyone know if it is possible to switch this entire forum post over to the Witch section when I have edited the entire post and am ready?
When in 3.15 Enki change to Templar, he had to make new guide.
Occulist has Stun Immunity + Explosions + more AoE + double curse + more chaos damage, etc, but Trickster is more speedy. I do prefer Occy though. I think the league mechanic SCREAMS for EDC, so I'm waiting for your guide.
"
idkwat wrote:
Occulist has Stun Immunity + Explosions + more AoE + double curse + more chaos damage, etc, but Trickster is more speedy. I do prefer Occy though. I think the league mechanic SCREAMS for EDC, so I'm waiting for your guide.
Yeah Occultist looks insane honestly.. I don't think the Trickster is that much faster actually.

I think they completely slaughtered the Trickster with the nerfs..
Occultist seems like is what they want Essence Drain to be which I am fine with, Occultist seems like it is going to be insanely strong!!
Last edited by Havoc209 on Oct 19, 2021, 5:28:52 AM
Hi all! Here is an updated guide for the Witch:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3187314

Once again, I think it the witch would be better, or I would at least like to try Occultist instead of the Trickster.

It is still a work in progress but it has been heavily updated for Scourge already, and is still being updated.
Last edited by Havoc209 on Oct 19, 2021, 5:54:45 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info