[3.10] Aziire's Kinetic Bolt Elementalist - Thor and the Golem Gang! | League Starter

"
DLGHCL wrote:
"
Laws of Woo wrote:
"
DLGHCL wrote:
This build has great clear speed - but bossing is awful. Single target dps is extremely low. You will feel hitting the wall when you reach T14-16.

Gem swap to power siphon for bosses, it's worked wonders for me.

care to show your pob?

Not quite sure how to go about that. I play on console. My profile/characters are public so you can view them there I suppose. Character name is kazabubu

I somewhat followed the original pob on this guide, tweaked some gear and skill tree. Opted to go with 4 heralds over heralds/wrath. Paired this with a herald cluster (only 1) with the endbringer/heraldry nodes, a minion damage cluster with the golem specific node and utilizing 5 golems (2 from ascendancy, 1 from tree, and 1 anima stone).

Still a bit squishy but clear is good and bossing is decent, a lot better with PS over KBolt for bosses
First off i love the build! Very detailed and super helpful as this is my first time. I thought i was starting to get the hang of things until this...

I swapped the vortex gnarl wand out for the pandemonium spell wand only to find out that my dps was lowered by 30 or so. I was a tad disappointed as i traded for the pandemonium wand. Can anyone explain this? When i hover over the kinetic bolt skill i can see that all the damage numbers are going up, but yet my dps went down.

My reasoning for getting this wand was that kinetic bolt is an attack skill that works off of wand damage. I figured an extra 10 to 180 lightning damage would boost my dps significantly! Guess not >< Any guidance would be appreciated.

Just in case the above doesn't work.

https://imgur.com/Lk05LIf
Played this build the entire league from the start and simply swapping to power siphon and grabbing the Spell damage applies to attack skills node gives me 2.3 million more shaper dps. Mapping feels amazing with kinetic bolt, I am just kind of sad that after all the work I put in to make the gem work it is literally the same skill as power siphon but worse
"
ingen_ar wrote:
"
Cast when Damage Taken Lvl 8 > Immortal Call Lvl 10 > Increased Duration > Frost Bomb Lvl 14

Where do u put these in? Or do you change other gems for this setup?

Cause I get one shotted sometimes from mobs.

And you will be get one shotted.... i use CWDT lvl 10 + immortal call+increased duration, i have changed from wrath to herald of purity and herald of agony, but i still die a lot, im stuck in lvl 91 since more than a week and i can see no improvement. i have changed to eternity shroud and i lost a lot of ES... gained some life, but with delirium and some bosses im doomed. But i´m refused to quit, even though i felt so much frustrated. Some T15 and T16 maps bosses are really hard, i have faced sirus only 1 time, and could not kill him... i know this is my second league in game and i have a lot to learn.

This set up (CWDT+ID+IC) will help you, but no against one shot.

Well I'm 85 and a bit stuck at this level. I'll try to switch with wrath, thx.
"
Played this build the entire league from the start and simply swapping to power siphon and grab the Spell damage applies to attack skills node gives me 2.3 million more shaper dps. Mapping feels amazing with kinetic bolt, I am just kind of sad that after all the work I put in to make the gem work it is literally the same skill as power siphon but worse

I believe thats the whole point of running this spell - clear speed in map and dmg vs map bosses

If you want to run power siphon for maps with this exact gem setup - you kinda loose a lot of clear speed (as AoE of kinetic bolt cleans everything isntantly)
If you run power siphon with pierce/lesser mult projectiles you loose dmg vs map bosses/delirium bosses.

I belive optimal here is to always run kinetic bolt and swap it with PS for on bosses that you really need that extra single target dmg.

for me its ~6.5kk dps with kinetic bolt - for things like sirius I swap it to Power Siphon for that extra 3.5kk dps (as this build doesnt provide a way to generate power charges on single target bosses - its 6.1kk KB dps vs 10.1 dps with PS)

So KBolt is awsome for maps and good for bosses
PS in this build, semi-good maps and awsome for bosses.
PS with pierce/LMP awsome for maps, semi-good for bosses
Last edited by montfa on Apr 25, 2020, 8:32:53 PM
"
SteelRoots wrote:
I swapped the vortex gnarl wand out for the pandemonium spell wand only to find out that my dps was lowered by 30 or so. I was a tad disappointed as i traded for the pandemonium wand. Can anyone explain this? When i hover over the kinetic bolt skill i can see that all the damage numbers are going up, but yet my dps went down.

My reasoning for getting this wand was that kinetic bolt is an attack skill that works off of wand damage. I figured an extra 10 to 180 lightning damage would boost my dps significantly! Guess not >< Any guidance would be appreciated.

It's straight up the attack speed of your base. This build needs Imbued Wand for the raw attack speed.
I just spent 70ex making kinetic bolt into herald stack with triple voices. It doesn't work on golem elementalist, you don't have to do it now. You are welcome.

Also, power siphon with chain > barrage kinetic bolt. My fps went up from 5 to 40 with power siphon, that's 8x dps increase.
weighted sum has too many filters? so I cant search for items
"
I just spent 70ex making kinetic bolt into herald stack with triple voices. It doesn't work on golem elementalist, you don't have to do it now. You are welcome.

Also, power siphon with chain > barrage kinetic bolt. My fps went up from 5 to 40 with power siphon, that's 8x dps increase.

your gear is so godly you could fart and clear 3 screens, so I don't know if it's fair comparison. I _DO_ agree that PS feels a lot better than Kbolt

Seems Kbolt is born retarded

"
d3viant6 wrote:
"

your gear is so godly you could fart and clear 3 screens, so I don't know if it's fair comparison. I _DO_ agree that PS feels a lot better than Kbolt

Seems Kbolt is born retarded

I think if they increased Kinetic bolt's projectile speed by 100% the spell would be awesome. Currently the quality only gives projectile speed, a very sensible change would be to make the 1% speed for 1% quality into 4-5% speed for 1% quality. But since this way my entire screen is just a forking lightning, I really cannot go above 5 fps in delirium and I was forced into power siphon. I was able to make this switch only because my dps went into dumb level regions, I am actually losing almost half my dps in mapping.

Still, spent 100+ hours on this character, thank you for the guide and my first successful league in PoE.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info