3.10|Stress-Free PoE| ENDURING FIRE (RF) |Use Any Items U Want|1 Button Play|Easily Customizable SSF

"
phaladina wrote:
okey, so I made it to 65, and I dont see HOW you can keep RF with out Rise of the phoenix, so I got my self that, so now I can keep RF going ,good, second problem is that we really cant take a hit, some bosses or other assentened named, have some hard hitting blows, and with around 99% of your life regen taken up by RF, the regen cant keep you alive,

so I dont see how this build will work out. we need items that aint in the game, like an extra 5-8% to max fire resist, and properly 5-10% of life pr sec more.

so if anyone can crack this, I'll be happy.

Purity of Fire - Our most important aura. This gives us Fire resistance! When coupled with Tasalio, Cleansing Water on the Ascendancy tree, it will give us all the Fire Resistance we need forever. It makes gearing so much easier. It also increases your Maximum Fire Resist. This is the most important part of using RF. Normally your Maximum Fire Resist would cap at 75%. This skill at level 20 will increase that max to 79%. That doesn't seem like much, but it's actually very substantial damage mitigation for both RF and receiving fire damage. (We'll end up with 81% max fire resist without items. There's are two nodes on the tree that gives us the extra max %.)

You will see a big difference when you get POF to lvl 20! I use Saffell's Frame shield on my build and it puts my resistances very high Fire is at 85%, cold and lighting at 80%. Then added some chaos resist to get above or 0%. This alone makes us very tanky.
"
Darkonyan wrote:
What do you think about this path? :

Spoiler

Instead of this? :

With holy dominion and explosive impact we can gain 20k dps more. But its 2 nods longer.
Hey Darkonyan!

That's a good alternate tree path for sure! It's the common conflict of offence over defence. One tree provides more life, life regen, and mana regen with less damage, while the other tree provides more damage and resists but has less life, life regen, and mana regen.

It's not too many respec points to play with deep endgame. Good tree!
https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
"
phaladina wrote:
okey, so I made it to 65, and I dont see HOW you can keep RF with out Rise of the phoenix, so I got my self that, so now I can keep RF going ,good, second problem is that we really cant take a hit, some bosses or other assentened named, have some hard hitting blows, and with around 99% of your life regen taken up by RF, the regen cant keep you alive,

so I dont see how this build will work out. we need items that aint in the game, like an extra 5-8% to max fire resist, and properly 5-10% of life pr sec more.

Hey phaladina!

It looks like you are sustaining RF now with some of the changes you've made. Is that the case? Take a look at my character (linked in the guide). I don't use Rise of the Phoenix. I'm Rare only and while my charges are up, I don't have any issues. Do you see any difference with my tree or gems?

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
"
mr_headcut wrote:
Hi Wrecker, I followed your guide and it was fantastic. I really like the style, seeing mobs' hp bars go down is so satisfying, and I have just enough things to care about (HP, boss skills, etc) so it's chilling WITHOUT being boring. Thanks a lot for your wonderful dedication.

Question: Why shouldn't we use wands? Maybe "spell damage" doesn't apply to our skills? Sorry I'm too noob to even know where to find and read this.
Anyway, I'm using a wand until I get into trouble :D, since I enjoy looking at a bald barbarian holding a big ass shield AND A WAND! It's just too fun to screenshot and send my friends haha

Observation: I think Frostbomb should stop lvling at lvl 11, since CwDT 2 cannot support gems that require lvl 41 or more.

Thanks again for an amazing guide Wrecker. To the Wraeclast!
Shoot! Good call mr_headcut!

You can totally use wands! That's my mistake. It's an oversite from the 3.9 version of the guide where we used Cyclone and needed a weapon that could do melee. I'll fix it right away. Spell damage doesn't apply to RF but it does to the rest. I'll fix it really soon. Good call! You can totally keep your Wand Shield combo.

Oh my goodness! Another one! I'm so sorry Everyone! Thank you for finding that. Yes, Frost Bomb should stop levelling at level 11. My goodness...what was I thinking? Thank you!

Thanks for your kind words despite the errors! I'm glad you're having a good time and really appreciate your encouragement and patience.

Annnnnd

"
Bentley813 wrote:
Build is ok, I feel like it needs more damage mitigation though. Level 83. I'm at 5 Endurance charges and when a Delirium mob spawns I have to phase and gtfo fast or I'm murdered fast. Obviously it's close to league start so items are meh. Not sure if I'll push it farther or just swap build to a lab runner.

Hey Bentley813!

I didn't see any Chieftains in your character list. Are you playing on a different platform than the one linked to your posted account?

Definitely fill the character out (fully ascending and getting all those charges). It makes a big difference.

Annnnnd

yo, i picked this build up because i broke my hand right before league start,its working out great so far mechanical wise playing with 1 hand and such but my only problem is survivability, i die alot and i feel really squishy, maybe you could take a look at my character that would be really nice
Reminder to all re: weapon mods for RF -

Fire DoT multiplier is the MOST effective/strongest for RF and should be prioritized if possible.

All others, as listed/shown are "equal" to one another.

"

RF benefits from:
- Increased Elemental Damage
- Increased Fire Damage
- Increases to Damage
- Increases to Area Damage
- Burning Damage
- Damage Over Time
- Fire Damage Over Time Multiplier
- "More" of any of the above. In PoE, the term "More" is much stronger than "Increased". So choose "More" over "Increased" when you can.

RF does NOT benefit from (But Incinerate does:
- Increased Spell Damage
- Adding Fire Damage to Spells
- Fire (or Elemental) Penetration.

**A mod that "Adds Fire Damage" without specifying Spells only applies to Attacks.
"
"
phaladina wrote:

Hey phaladina!

It looks like you are sustaining RF now with some of the changes you've made. Is that the case? Take a look at my character (linked in the guide). I don't use Rise of the Phoenix. I'm Rare only and while my charges are up, I don't have any issues. Do you see any difference with my tree or gems?

hey Wreaker, I can ONLY keep RF up with rise of the phonix, I have 80% max fire resist with out it, and that is still not enogh, I need higher then that, so With Phonix I can keep it up no problem.

and my tree is the same as your's from the guide / PoB.
atm I only have the first two labs, sens I cant do merciless as of yet,

sens I dont have the damage to kill things before they kill me, with the RNG BS, ( you have not yet reached your requirement of having used 2500 jewelers /fused / cromatic, to get a 5 link'd )

and having enogh health pr sec to out last the " hunk smash at matrix agent punching speed level "

but if your build evolves around that you Most. have a lvl 20 purity first before you have enogh resist to not keep burning,
and having 6 stacks of charges, then its will be hard, sens they charges relay on that you use fire spells and getting hit.

if this is what I need to make RF work with out the phonix, then I dont know, how the build can support it self as you play,
sens getting a lvl 20 gem alone will take you to at least 90+ level.

but as of right now its 50/50 if I can do maps, tier 1-4.
sens some mobs just one hit me down to 20% health in one go, and if anything hits you with anything " life draning like bleed / poisent ect" like 40% of everything sems to do in this game then my life drops so fast, sens RF sits there depending 99% of all life regen .
I dont see this working out.
Last edited by phaladina on Mar 17, 2020, 3:45:27 AM
i currently see no way to slot in a cluster jewel. is there anyway to get one without risking life/life regen?
"
phaladina wrote:
Spoiler
"
"
phaladina wrote:

Hey phaladina!

hey Wreaker, I can ONLY keep RF up with rise of the phonix, I have 80% max fire resist with out it, and that is still not enogh, I need higher then that, so With Phonix I can keep it up no problem.

and my tree is the same as your's from the guide / PoB.
atm I only have the first two labs, sens I cant do merciless as of yet,

sens I dont have the damage to kill things before they kill me, with the RNG BS, ( you have not yet reached your requirement of having used 2500 jewelers /fused / cromatic, to get a 5 link'd )

and having enogh health pr sec to out last the " hunk smash at matrix agent punching speed level "

but if your build evolves around that you Most. have a lvl 20 purity first before you have enogh resist to not keep burning,
and having 6 stacks of charges, then its will be hard, sens they charges relay on that you use fire spells and getting hit.

if this is what I need to make RF work with out the phonix, then I dont know, how the build can support it self as you play,
sens getting a lvl 20 gem alone will take you to at least 90+ level.

but as of right now its 50/50 if I can do maps, tier 1-4.
sens some mobs just one hit me down to 20% health in one go, and if anything hits you with anything " life draning like bleed / poisent ect" like 40% of everything sems to do in this game then my life drops so fast, sens RF sits there depending 99% of all life regen .
I dont see this working out.

Hi Phaladina, sorry to hear that you're struggling.

80% fire res is very good. I could sustain RF at around 78% fire res, so you don't need to get Purity lvl 20 to do it (but it will help alot). How about your other resistances? They may be a big problem, especially Chaos dmg. I have been 1 hit by so many chaos dmg bosses lol

How is your HP and HP regen now, with and without the Endurance charges? Now at lvl 70 I have 4500 HP and around 600 HP regen per second without the charges. With all the charges (I have 7 charges now) it's no problem turning on RF AND tank bosses.

I'm walking through maps tier 1-5 deathless, I just ran right through mobs and they all died. Bossing is quite easy, took about 30 seconds max (most of them around 10s (4 - 6 full Incinerate charges), the dmg is good I think).

"
phaladina wrote:

Some tips I discovered while playing was that you can spam Incinerate before you engage (click them fast - not holding the button down, since you have 35% gain charge for each click). That way you'll get max Endurance charges in no time.
Also use Flamedash for moving, and you're permanently at max charges.

Hope this helps. It's sad that your experience was not optimal, when mine was so smooth. Feel free to ask if you wonder about something.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info