3.14 💀 Torstein's Death Angel - All content viable - insane! 2x Oni-Goroshi

just a question, still using frost blades on cluster versions? i see a cyclone setup active on pob dont know if its better to use that or frost for clear
"
Pushejro wrote:
"
"
Pushejro wrote:
Hey torstein,
i have problem with mana i dont know why, can you see whats going on?
my pastebin, https://poe.technology/poebuddy/hT7SiEGS#tree-view
thanks for help

Which cluster setup you chose to follow?

second one

You need to change Ascendancy points. You will need 20 regret orbs.
thanks a lot :)!
I'd like to point out that this build is quite forgiving as to what skill you're using. It's hard to beat Blade Flurry for single target, but the choice of a clearing skill is quite open.

For a few days now I've felt like Frost Blades, despite having amazing AoE with just an Ancestral Call, was a bit short on damage for clearing T16 Delirium (especially rare) in time. It'd take me almost 5 seconds to kill the stronger rares, sometimes I'd even have to swap weapons and use Blade Flurry. Part of the problem is that the blades created by Frost Blades deal only about 1/7th of the damage of the initial hit.

When I tweak the settings of the Balanced cluster version for a realistic clearing situation (no Berserk, 50 rage, no banner planted, Sand stance, killed recently so enchant on boots is off), Frost Blades is 3.2m for the hit, but only 500k for the blades. Good enough for T16, a bit low when you add Delirium and the momentum it requires, and the 2-4 last waves of Simulacrum depending on mods

Here's what I tried so far:
Lacerate - Fortify - Multistrike - Damage on Full Life - Melee Physical Damage - Increased AoE/Pulverize
That's about 3.2m with Increased AoE and 4.4m with Pulverize. The auto-targetting of Lacerate makes it quite nice, however it's slower than Frost Blades, from 11 APS down to 6.9 with Increased AoE and 5.8 with Pulverize. The big upside is that it allows you to stay quite far from dangerous situations, so it's a really good option for Simulacrum

I've not tested Ice Crash yet but I suspect it'd be good if you like that skill. You can get 7 APS and 2.5m with both Increased AoE AND Pulverize (pretty much screen-wide AoE), or only go with one of the two Area gems and get higher damage

Last but not least, to my big surprise:

Infernal Blow - Multistrike (or not, depending on what you like) - Fortify - Damage of Full Life - Ancestral Call - Melee Splash/Melee Physical Damage/Ruthless

Yep, it's only for the bravest as you have to get even closer than for Frost Blades. Yes it's only 2.4m DPS if you go hard on AoE. But the explosions make up for that I guarantee it. The APS is high so it feels smooth, the clear speed will be highly dependant on mob density, but when the Delirium and the pack size is juicy, it's just amazing. I did a Simulacrum last night with it, and didn't have to press Infernal Blow more than once to explode the screen before the last wave (excluding bosses, of course). With Frost Blades it ended up being much more dangerous because enemies would live for quite a big longer.

So if you're feeling like you lack clear damage, or you're just a bit bored with Frost Blades, I really encourage you to try some other skills. Heck, scrolling down the list of melee skills, I'm almost thinking of trying Consecrated Path for a 1 button clear without even bothering with a movement skill. Or maybe even Tectonic Slam (with Enduring cry on a 1.6s CD it might be just enough generation)
Last edited by Rorshan on Apr 1, 2020, 8:28:58 AM
Build looks really interesting. Do you think it could be played as pure cyclone?
IGN:JoinTheSparkSide
"
AUDAClTY wrote:
Build looks really interesting. Do you think it could be played as pure cyclone?

Sure, just less dps.
Hi Torstein, great guide, exactly what i was looking for.

The ascendancy changes in the cluster-jewel high end version puzzle me. Could you explain to the noobs here:
- why you don't take aspect of carnage? 40% more dmg seems hard to pass up
- why no more rage? Do you only generate rage thru the Warcry and Mob Mentality?

Minor detail, but while leveling, i'd recommend using combustion support or some way of igniting enemies to trigger Her Embrace. At low levels the degen is really not bad and the damage boost speeds things up, I found.
"
JiminiJ wrote:
Hi Torstein, great guide, exactly what i was looking for.

- why no more rage? Do you only generate rage thru the Warcry and Mob Mentality?

Minor detail, but while leveling, i'd recommend using combustion support or some way of igniting enemies to trigger Her Embrace. At low levels the degen is really not bad and the damage boost speeds things up, I found.

You get reliable rage generation with cluster jewel and Warcry. Mob Mentality is necessary.

"
- why you don't take aspect of carnage? 40% more dmg seems hard to pass up

You already have pleanty of dps with mid setup. If you want you can push it over with Carnage if you want.
Yeah, Aspect of Carnage is a LOT of damage. I don't know how much survailabilty Pain Reaver gives us.. don't know if it's worthy.

Also Tors, I see on the High DPS version you take Vitality Void, is it because we don't take Pain Reaver? And also you don't take Lava Lash.

"
Rorshan wrote:
I'd like to point out that this build is quite forgiving as to what skill you're using. It's hard to beat Blade Flurry for single target, but the choice of a clearing skill is quite open.

For a few days now I've felt like Frost Blades, despite having amazing AoE with just an Ancestral Call, was a bit short on damage for clearing T16 Delirium (especially rare) in time. It'd take me almost 5 seconds to kill the stronger rares, sometimes I'd even have to swap weapons and use Blade Flurry. Part of the problem is that the blades created by Frost Blades deal only about 1/7th of the damage of the initial hit.

When I tweak the settings of the Balanced cluster version for a realistic clearing situation (no Berserk, 50 rage, no banner planted, Sand stance, killed recently so enchant on boots is off), Frost Blades is 3.2m for the hit, but only 500k for the blades. Good enough for T16, a bit low when you add Delirium and the momentum it requires, and the 2-4 last waves of Simulacrum depending on mods

Here's what I tried so far:
Lacerate - Fortify - Multistrike - Damage on Full Life - Melee Physical Damage - Increased AoE/Pulverize
That's about 3.2m with Increased AoE and 4.4m with Pulverize. The auto-targetting of Lacerate makes it quite nice, however it's slower than Frost Blades, from 11 APS down to 6.9 with Increased AoE and 5.8 with Pulverize. The big upside is that it allows you to stay quite far from dangerous situations, so it's a really good option for Simulacrum

I've not tested Ice Crash yet but I suspect it'd be good if you like that skill. You can get 7 APS and 2.5m with both Increased AoE AND Pulverize (pretty much screen-wide AoE), or only go with one of the two Area gems and get higher damage

Last but not least, to my big surprise:

Infernal Blow - Multistrike (or not, depending on what you like) - Fortify - Damage of Full Life - Ancestral Call - Melee Splash/Melee Physical Damage/Ruthless

Yep, it's only for the bravest as you have to get even closer than for Frost Blades. Yes it's only 2.4m DPS if you go hard on AoE. But the explosions make up for that I guarantee it. The APS is high so it feels smooth, the clear speed will be highly dependant on mob density, but when the Delirium and the pack size is juicy, it's just amazing. I did a Simulacrum last night with it, and didn't have to press Infernal Blow more than once to explode the screen before the last wave (excluding bosses, of course). With Frost Blades it ended up being much more dangerous because enemies would live for quite a big longer.

So if you're feeling like you lack clear damage, or you're just a bit bored with Frost Blades, I really encourage you to try some other skills. Heck, scrolling down the list of melee skills, I'm almost thinking of trying Consecrated Path for a 1 button clear without even bothering with a movement skill. Or maybe even Tectonic Slam (with Enduring cry on a 1.6s CD it might be just enough generation)

Great post! Yeah build is very versatile and lots of skills can be used. Ill give it a go on my next Simulacrum with Infernal Blow. I'm close to lvl 95 so don't want to risk it with testing. xD
Also for clearing top waves in Sim, Abyssal Cry can make insane difference!
Last edited by TorsteinTheFallen on Apr 1, 2020, 10:45:45 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info