Changes to the Atlas of Worlds in Path of Exile: Delirium

Will all daily master missions be resetted too? Or somehow merged/transferred into standard ?
I have . . . many, many, many thoughts about the new Atlas and the changes to the game since 3.5, but . . . I am finding all of this so exhausting. There's only so much time and effort you can put into providing feedback and hoping for the best and getting a band-aid fix in return that only kind of, sort of brushes up near the problems.

Making the boss fights kind of, sort of deterministic isn't going to fix complaints about the Atlas. Slapping *ANOTHER* UI on top of an already cluttered UI isn't going to fix complaints about the Atlas.

Unrelated to anything (/s), here's a quote from Chris from a Baeclast about year ago that's stuck with me since I first heard it: "The thing that increases player retention and makes people play forever is the game being good. You can't force, by, like, tricking people or implementing too many systems, right? If there's too may systems, the game is bad and they play less."

You know, it's really too bad there isn't another endgame system readily available already in the game that would mitigate complaints about changes to the main endgame if it were more accessible. (/s again, if it wasn't obvious)

*EDIT* With how dissatisfied with PoE I've been over the past year, I have to give credit to GGG for making more interested in ludology.
Last edited by GrumpyMcElbows on Mar 2, 2020, 7:32:33 PM
You nerf everything, ruin the atlas, and do nothing about the trade.
Now nerf but skills, take the form of Farm from the atlas, to master and make specific maps, which was very good, you do.

How can you do shit in a game like this? It looks like Activision and EA.

Sextant recipe for removing maps was taken.

Ridiculous

Market is stopped in time, there is no Cross, it is too slow

But nerf and shit in the atlas you know

Unbelievable
"
You nerf everything, ruin the atlas, and do nothing about the trade.
Now nerf but skills, take the form of Farm from the atlas, to master and make specific maps, which was very good, you do.

How can you do shit in a game like this? It looks like Activision and EA.

Sextant recipe for removing maps was taken.

Ridiculous

Market is stopped in time, there is no Cross, it is too slow

But nerf and shit in the atlas you know

Unbelievable

No don't nerf butt skills! :(
"
For example, completing a Tier 15 Map will complete all maps up to Tier 14.

If Awakening Bonus Objectives are being reset, we'll have to run every single map again regardless.
people that bought supporter packs without seeing the excuses manifesto first and got emotionally manipuled by a small trailer

- insert some funny meme image here -

oh also insert this every league pretty much at least before the manifesto goes live.

these billion dollar company make easy profits like this.

I don't have ANY hopes on your manifesto regardless it will be a bunch of excuses trying to justify nerfs.

keep balancing the game around the 1% in no time you wont be better than activision.
"Parade your victories, hide your defeats. Mortals are so insecure."

Once you break the cycle of fear no angels or demons can whisper you their sweet nothing words.

Retired since crucible.(Not a free tester anymore for a multi billion dollar company).
Last edited by Xystre on Mar 2, 2020, 9:07:00 PM
Really disappointed with this announcement.

"
RaidEE wrote:
Spoiler
I feel like ggg deserves more respect for what they're doing. You all are getting free expansions every three months. With new content, new mechanics. Show some fking respect. I can't recall the last time i've seen a league without doomsaying crybaby cave troll posts in it.
But in the same time i'm happy they don't give a shait about it. Just do you, ggg.
The tencent hate bandwagon gained popularity only becose of the blizzard fiasco. If not for that, not a single person here would know the relationship between ggg and tencent.
But in the end, everyone here will play the league no matter how much hate they show in comments. So...have it your way. Ggg is winning either way.

And white knighting for the simple purpose of white knighting should stop.

If those "free expansions" would actually be "polished" content, not shoved down players throats "just because", and if those would actually be added to the "core game" in a "proper manner", they would have a lot more weight.

As they are, the only saving grace is their lore interaction, because mechanic wise, since Breach, we didn't got something "mind blowing".

They need to EARN said "respect" by not forcing their playerbase towards their only desired "path", and make PoE a game where choice ALWAYS MATTERS. Until then, it's their game, and also their own problem if they can't deal with proper critics that call them out on their asinine decisions...

You might be amazed, but TencentGGG want players to shower them with $$$, yet thankfully, they also take the most obstinate path towards that. I said it before, they need to "git gud & up to snuff"... Sadly, I don't feel too hopeful.

Thankfully, your presumption is wrong, as more players stop giving PoE a chance entirely, and even with the infusions of new casuals to leech, there will be a tipping point, where actually TencentGGG are forced to really "improve & adapt"...

The only question is how many of the "vets" from before 2013 will keep playing, as the current fiasco after fiasco can only keep us going for so long...

PS: A friendly casual n00b hoarder that doesn't spend a $ anymore on PoE, as their attitude towards Standard progress persistence is unjustified - give us a damn "free" Atlas reset if we want to grind back the Atlas, or let us be "good to go" from the start!
PSS: Our almighty TencentGGG overlords are very scrupulous regarding criticizing their abilities to take proper decisions and consider everything "needlessly harsh and condescending"...

Good to know "free speech" doesn't apply in any form or manner on the forums these days...
"
sofocle10000 wrote:
Spoiler
"
RaidEE wrote:
Spoiler
I feel like ggg deserves more respect for what they're doing. You all are getting free expansions every three months. With new content, new mechanics. Show some fking respect. I can't recall the last time i've seen a league without doomsaying crybaby cave troll posts in it.
But in the same time i'm happy they don't give a shait about it. Just do you, ggg.
The tencent hate bandwagon gained popularity only becose of the blizzard fiasco. If not for that, not a single person here would know the relationship between ggg and tencent.
But in the end, everyone here will play the league no matter how much hate they show in comments. So...have it your way. Ggg is winning either way.

And white knighting for the simple purpose of white knighting should stop.

If those "free expansions" would actually be "polished" content, not shoved down players throats "just because", and if those would actually be added to the "core game" in a "proper manner", they would have a lot more weight.

As they are, the only saving grace is their lore interaction, because mechanic wise, since Breach, we didn't got something "mind blowing".

They need to EARN said "respect" by not forcing their playerbase towards their only desired "path", and make PoE a game where choice ALWAYS MATTERS. Until then, it's their game, and also their own problem if they can't deal with proper critics that call them out on their asinine decisions...

You might be amazed, but TencentGGG want players to shower them with $$$, yet thankfully, they also take the most obstinate path towards that. I said it before, they need to "git gud & up to snuff"... Sadly, I don't feel too hopeful.

Thankfully, your presumption is wrong, as more players stop giving PoE a chance entirely, and even with the infusions of new casuals to leech, there will be a tipping point, where actually TencentGGG are forced to really "improve & adapt"...

The only question is how many of the "vets" from before 2013 will keep playing, as the current fiasco after fiasco can only keep us going for so long...

PS: A friendly casual n00b hoarder that doesn't spend a $ anymore on PoE, as their attitude towards Standard progress persistence is unjustified - give us a damn "free" Atlas reset if we want to grind back the Atlas, or let us be "good to go" from the start!
Spoiler

+1 <3
IGN: @Azuriyl or @Bephany
Last edited by Clownturds on Mar 3, 2020, 12:13:14 AM
People really need to stop using 'free game' as a defense for anything. F2P is a monetisation strategy, it is not a company bestowing their game on us out of the kindness of their hearts. It's really dumb.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info