Changes to the Atlas of Worlds in Path of Exile: Delirium

Not a fan of this at all. Really disappointed with most of those changes.
Uh nobody is going to do your awakening shit lol
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
NoTenJakMuTam wrote:
"
Completing a high-tier map will complete all maps one tier below the map that you completed. For example, completing a Tier 15 Map will complete all maps up to Tier 14.

why

That's in standard, not temp leagues. It's because they are causing another standard league atlas wipe. It's just the newest version of the std atlas catchup. A while back you'd be able to do a rare + corrupted guardian map and get all tiers completed.
"
Completing a high-tier map will complete all maps one tier below the map that you completed. For example, completing a Tier 15 Map will complete all maps up to Tier 14.

"Its dead Jim". SSF map sustain on standard is toast.
I am worried about the challenge Defeat Sirus 75 times from Endgame Grinds. After you finish your build, it will be like at least 2700 map runs if you have lucky. Hope GGG decrease this number!
"
Pizzarugi wrote:
"
Bex_GGG wrote:
We'll also be removing the "x% chance for Maps to drop one tier higher" bonus from Awakening Bonus Objectives.

Wait, why? Why are you trying to force players to trade for maps just to progress the Atlas, because map sustain is an absolute nightmare?

3.9 was AMAZING for map sustain. Don't take this away.

People that need to trade for maps are just bad at the game. The atlas is extremely generous and forgiving such that progression and sustain is a cakewalk in SSF.

Yes, you'll still be able to perma sustain T16s without trading.
this is a buff!
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
Moethelion wrote:
"
Bloodmatter wrote:

Probably so you can't spam blue or even white T16s, farm the league mechanic with 0 dmg mods, and still have 100+ T16s in your stash.

Now we probably actually have to run the bad layouts to sustain maps. Not a good change.

Yeah map sustain was huge, but 80% of those maps noone wants to run.

On the other hand, being able to perma sustain a single T16 is bad design. I guess its a matter of where to draw the line.

Also, most people don't realize that you can build your atlas to only have good layouts
"
carkasjak wrote:
"
Rasati wrote:
Spoiler
All this negativity.

Sorry to break it to you. but the normal players. those that struggle to get 24+ challenges done, actually DO appreciate variety in endgame content. Alva and Jun missions are still a carrot worth chasing for them and shake things up in a positive way.

When you as a player, eventually learn you had to shape your atlas in a certain way and farm the same map over and over again to keep up with the mob, something that already feels too much like work, becomes unbearable repetitive.

you might argue that you don´t have to shape in a certain way if you want the broader experience, but if you are in the middle crowd, those people who already know a thing or two, you KNOW when the gap between dull efficency and chasing a ficitional carrot you´ll never be able to reach becomes too big. so people who don´t want to do 100000 times the same map just give up. probably forever.

all motivation in this game, all games actually, is an illusion (exile). Keeping it motivating for the broadest audience. those that actually want to play for the games sake, is in gggs best interest. Also, they are still managing a game here, not a sweatshop. Ensuring that the endgame is played at its best without cheesing the system (and thats what shaping the atlas felt like to normals), is a good thing.

I can´t comprehend how adamant people are about NOT wanting to experience variety. is it so important to feel more effiecent then others that you prefer to do the same map a quadrillion times over opening some doors?

you´ll still outshine all the slowpokes even when doing the same maps as they are, don´t worry. all the things you find "unfun" are game mechanics, intended to shake things up. so there are dead-ends were you have to backtrack. so you can´t jump over the whole map in seconds.

Normal peeps spend an outragous amount figuring out what to sell and checking the stats of stuff they find even though its never worth it compared to buying. thats already flawed enough, we don´t need even more encouragment of mowing through the same thing endlessly without looking left and right.

PS i also am having the problem of far to many t16 and for to few t14. pruning it a bit is in order. don´t hyperbole. try to have fun. and please. try to understand.

I can't speak for everyone else, but my reason for not wanting to be forced into running a vast "variety" of annoying map layouts is simply that I don't enjoy running them. The game is more fun when I don't have to check the minimap or backtrack constantly. It's not about comparing myself to others or feeling more efficient. It's simply more fun to not be constantly interrupted and frustrated when playing a grindy video game.

Let me just say, i really appreciate the calm and collected response, i feared for the worst.

it really strikes me as a vicious circle. the game needs (?) to be extra grindy so people can take pride in their achievements. if all people are super, nobody is... if something feels grindy and we still continue doing it, then its usually because we try to accomplish something.

and so, all too quickly, it becomes appealing to only run the smoothest maps to NOT go insane from all the little annoyances that come when you need to get a vast amount of "work" done in a dense timeframe and are getting stopped at every corner.

what to do?
unruly maps = game not fun. because the grind feels just too hard to reach the goals. because it hase been established that you need to run 10000 maps to deserve rewards. Thats the jist of it yes?

so would people like it better if the goals would be a lot easier to reach, but all maps are slow like cells?

GGG already tried to slow the game down with HP sponge bosses and metamorphs, but that only reduced the number "effective" builds that can still nuke through maps. but at least with the metamorphs and awakwning atlas changes it became worthwhile to do the bosses. having speed demons slow down at doors and walls might finally allow GGG to reduce the grind, ironically enough, and it would make melee more appealing with projectiles not reaching every last corner.

Yes. cells is a little annoying. but when people say 80% of maps are not worth running then something needs to change. i can´t accept that those maps are just "shit". they just slow things down, and thats a no go with the current amount of grind.

So. tone down the grind and make the "bad maps" mandatory. heck, they should be even more then now. maybe sort them by category, depending on their layout. "labyrinth". "open field". "Tube". "Mixed". Then give "Labyrinth" a huge chance to drop Tube maps and never another labyrinth map.

Thats all i´ve got. i have hopes that PoE2 might be going towards that route. Thanks for listening.
Last edited by Rasati on Mar 1, 2020, 7:15:46 PM
hard on

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info