💀3.15💀 iLL3aT’s Cold Skeleton Warriors/Archers/Mages ❆ League Starter ❆ All Content ❆

"
Pizzarugi wrote:
"
Keyen wrote:
Intimidate comes from awakened MPD

Right, didn't think to check supports. Thanks for the clarification.

"
Keyen wrote:
and skitterbot + bone chill works just fine if you put 36% shock value.

The -36% was located in enemy's cold resistance bar in PoB.

Also, how do you get 36% shock value? According to the wiki, non-hit sources of shock such as Skitter Bots default at 15% and if I understand the bonus right, the 27% is a multiplier and not a flat bonus, meaning it would bump up to 19%. Am I incorrect?

EDIT: You have since edited your post when I made the response and I read it again. My question still stands since I am confused.

The 36% cold res was a mistake from him (people said it before). But a mistake lowering the dps. Skitterbot bonechill has two effects:
-It shocks for 15% with 27% increased shock effectiveness, so 19%
-It chills for 10% with 27 + 45% chill effectiveness, so 17%
-Bonechill increased cold damage taken by the amount of chill effect, so 17%
-Both combined is exactly the same as a 36% effect shock since everything is doing cold damage.
Last edited by Keyen on Apr 4, 2020, 6:29:30 AM
Thanks again, that makes more sense now.
PoE players: Our game has a wide diversity of builds.

Also PoE players: The [league mechanic] doesn't need to be nerfed, you just need to play a [current meta] build!

MFers found strength in their Afflictions. They became reliant on them. I am not so foolish.
New video: Waves 19 and 20 of Simulacrum.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2BnT2-NG1A&feature=youtu.be

At the time of recording, I've completed nine simulacrums using cold skeletons. I'm still playing a pretty glass version of the build (no animated guardian, no Doryanis) so most of them are not deathless.

A few tips:
-There are a lot of enemy monsters and skeletons have low HP, meaning that they died as soon as they spawned when overwhelmed. The solution to this is the "Blessed Rebirth" notable found on medium cluster jewels (usually paired with renewal and a jewel socket).
-I had skellies linked to feeding frenzy - they were probably better off with deathmark and spectres linked to feeding frenzy instead.
-Spectres: Redemption sentries - Since you have to resummon skeletons a LOT in simulacrum, power/frenzy charges makes less sense. Since AOE is a huge part of beating simulacrum, redemption sentries are a great option since they deal physical (which is fully converted to cold) damage, have a lot of HP, range, and damage.
-Make use of the outskirts of the maps when running around, and in this one in particular, that nook at the top right to avoid damage while providing auras and curses.
-Bosses: My personal strategy is to dodge them as much as I can until I clear the other monsters first (FPS is an issue for me), then focus on dodging their attacks when isolated. Earlier wave bosses are perma-frozen which is nice.

@m02ph3u5 - If you are doing triple offering, then all three offerings go into the trigger wand. You cast desecrate manually on bosses, while dead enemies give corpses while mapping. If you are not doing triple offering (aka no leash of oblation), then you run desecrate and an offering in the trigger wand with an optional third (spell cascade for more corpses, a guard skill, frostbomb, etc.)

I use feeding frenzy for mapping most of the time. You can't really use it for mapping unless you have enough damage to one or two tap mobs though, otherwise then the speed from charging skeletons does not make up for the lack of damage.

@Keyen - Thanks for your answers! Good to hear that rotten claws is on the other side. Sounds like a rotten claws/vicious bite/renewal gem would cost a fortune though haha. Think I fixed that PoB, though I may touch it up in the future again.

@Pizzarugi - I'd consider the price tag of the starter to be next to nothing to get to about T5 maps (4 link, two wands hit with essence of fears), and about 2-3 ex to get to Sirus/Shaper (two +1 wands, +1 amulet, 21 Vaal Skellies, basic six link, triad grips).
3.15 ❆ Cold Skeletons guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2774965
"
iLL3aT wrote:
New video: Waves 19 and 20 of Simulacrum.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2BnT2-NG1A&feature=youtu.be

At the time of recording, I've completed nine simulacrums using cold skeletons. I'm still playing a pretty glass version of the build (no animated guardian, no Doryanis) so most of them are not deathless.

A few tips:
-There are a lot of enemy monsters and skeletons have low HP, meaning that they died as soon as they spawned when overwhelmed. The solution to this is the "Blessed Rebirth" notable found on medium cluster jewels (usually paired with renewal and a jewel socket).
-I had skellies linked to feeding frenzy - they were probably better off with deathmark and spectres linked to feeding frenzy instead.
-Spectres: Redemption sentries - Since you have to resummon skeletons a LOT in simulacrum, power/frenzy charges makes less sense. Since AOE is a huge part of beating simulacrum, redemption sentries are a great option since they deal physical (which is fully converted to cold) damage, have a lot of HP, range, and damage.
-Make use of the outskirts of the maps when running around, and in this one in particular, that nook at the top right to avoid damage while providing auras and curses.
-Bosses: My personal strategy is to dodge them as much as I can until I clear the other monsters first (FPS is an issue for me), then focus on dodging their attacks when isolated. Earlier wave bosses are perma-frozen which is nice.

@m02ph3u5 - If you are doing triple offering, then all three offerings go into the trigger wand. You cast desecrate manually on bosses, while dead enemies give corpses while mapping. If you are not doing triple offering (aka no leash of oblation), then you run desecrate and an offering in the trigger wand with an optional third (spell cascade for more corpses, a guard skill, frostbomb, etc.)

I use feeding frenzy for mapping most of the time. You can't really use it for mapping unless you have enough damage to one or two tap mobs though, otherwise then the speed from charging skeletons does not make up for the lack of damage.

@Keyen - Thanks for your answers! Good to hear that rotten claws is on the other side. Sounds like a rotten claws/vicious bite/renewal gem would cost a fortune though haha. Think I fixed that PoB, though I may touch it up in the future again.

@Pizzarugi - I'd consider the price tag of the starter to be next to nothing to get to about T5 maps (4 link, two wands hit with essence of fears), and about 2-3 ex to get to Sirus/Shaper (two +1 wands, +1 amulet, 21 Vaal Skellies, basic six link, triad grips).

I adjusted some things and shelled out the money for a VB and Renewal cluster since I couldn't craft it myself lol.

Did Wave 20 twice now with your hints. Redemption Sentries are hard to get but worth it 100%. I'm even thinking of putting a increased critical support instead of bloodmagic in the boots.
They do decent damage and are insanely tanky. Like them a lot.

The only thing I have to do now is squeeze more life out of my Necro.
It sit's at just 5k at the moment. When I buld into crit it's gonna be 4.5k it seems.
The only thing left to get more Life is the helmet and chest it seems. Another possbility is Prefixes can't be changed on the amulet and multimod it.

I like the mana reg and crit multiplier though.

I got some more cash in the bank now.

@iLL3aT should I go for Bottled Faith + 21/23 Multistrike or stick with Chalice and save for AW Multistrike?
Last edited by K4P0T on Apr 5, 2020, 8:36:16 AM
Thanks for the quick reply :)

So is triple vs. single offering just a matter of taste?
How to craft helmet with -cold res to enemies with socketed minion gems and minion life?
"
m02ph3u5 wrote:
Thanks for the quick reply :)

So is triple vs. single offering just a matter of taste?

Triple was the way to go in 3.9 but since they nerfed Spirit Offering into the ground it's not that good anymore. I switched to single offering despite having the offering mod on the chest.

"
hayrikanma wrote:
How to craft helmet with -cold res to enemies with socketed minion gems and minion life?

In 3.10 it's only possible with Redeemer influence.
The only reliable way as I see it is a ilvl 86 Elder Bone helmet (nooks Crown div card) then spam bound and pristine. After you got a helmet with +3 and either minion life or minion damage slam with a Redeemer Orb. But since there are 6 available suffix mods for a 85 base you need some serious currency to hit - cold res.

Alternatively go for a double influenced base and spam bound and frigid fossils.
It's 500+ tries to get it according to Craft of Exile.

https://www.craftofexile.com/?b=56&m=fossil&f=|3|7|&i=|3|7|&ob=both&v=d&a=e&l=a&lg=2&req={%221550%22:{%22l%22:85,%22g%22:1},%221953%22:{%22l%22:86,%22g%22:2},%222085%22:{%22l%22:80,%22g%22:2}}&bld={}&ggt=|&ccp={}
Last edited by K4P0T on Apr 5, 2020, 9:13:14 AM
Most of my gear is not done, but I'm pretty confident my rings are at the least - the hatred ring is the craziest one I've seen, even better than any from last league.

@m02ph3us - Yep, matter of taste. Pretty much what K4P0T said. It works, but adds another layer of restriction in gearing (aka less life on belt and no res)

@hayrikanma and K4P0T - You can't slam a redeemer orb since it's elder already. The only way unfortunately is to frigid/bound. I realized they lowered the weighting on the -9 from something like 2000 to 250, so yeah, it'll be a lot harder...Guess I'll have to move it from level 3 to 4 gear.

On the other side, kingmakers are cheap, so I'm just running a -9 on my AG, and if he dies, he dies. He has a life as extra ES chest, southbound gloves, and Victario's flight, so basically an amalgamation of the cheap and expensive ones.
3.15 ❆ Cold Skeletons guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2774965
"
iLL3aT wrote:
Most of my gear is not done, but I'm pretty confident my rings are at the least - the hatred ring is the craziest one I've seen, even better than any from last league.

@m02ph3us - Yep, matter of taste. Pretty much what K4P0T said. It works, but adds another layer of restriction in gearing (aka less life on belt and no res)

@hayrikanma and K4P0T - You can't slam a redeemer orb since it's elder already. The only way unfortunately is to frigid/bound. I realized they lowered the weighting on the -9 from something like 2000 to 250, so yeah, it'll be a lot harder...Guess I'll have to move it from level 3 to 4 gear.

On the other side, kingmakers are cheap, so I'm just running a -9 on my AG, and if he dies, he dies. He has a life as extra ES chest, southbound gloves, and Victario's flight, so basically an amalgamation of the cheap and expensive ones.

I mean there is a chance to hit atleast minion damage or minion life and -9 with an AW Orb but the +3 is another story. If I have a stack of currency again I'll try it.

Replacing the helmet on the AG is not possible for me anymore :/ 2ex down the drain..

Congrats again on that ring - it's bonkers.
Thanks a lot for your quick answers and that's a neat ring u got there ;)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info