💀3.15💀 iLL3aT’s Cold Skeleton Warriors/Archers/Mages ❆ League Starter ❆ All Content ❆

Last edited by Letalko on Apr 9, 2020, 3:58:42 PM
Hi. I am enjoying the build. I am level 88 hc delirium and am like 1-2 ex build. I was wondering what you thought about going 6L Femur of Saints and Kaoms Heart to be more tanky. I have 5.5k hp now and feel I need more to make it to 100. Okay, with less damage to survive big hits and feel comfortable in higher maps.
@b4timert - The weightings for crafting +1/+1 convoking wands is against you in most cases. To craft it in the most efficient manner, see this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bELEg0YM_SQ

84 works if you want to hit the jackpot, but it's harder to hit +1/+1. With a 72, you cannot hit T1 minion damage and attack speed, but it's easier to hit something decent. I crafted one wand and sold it - and bought a better one for a little more instead.

Fair enough on number two. Funny enough, I'm considering cutting even zombies in my current build - they're really annoying with the growling they added in 3.10.

@Letalko - Vicious Bite and Vengeful commander are great, but unfortunately Bodyguards is horrible, and I would have rather hit a dead mod rather than it, since melee skeletons are not amazing at mobile bosses, and knockback hurts us way more than it helps us. I think that's a spectre necro jewel if I ever saw one, as it's perfect for redemption sentries. No idea on the price since it's a great jewel for the right build, but for this build, unfortunately it's a bad jewel.

@bakotako - Thanks for playing it! Personally (and I'm a softcore guy), I think that it hurts a lot more than it helps, though that is of course depending on what is affordable for your budget in HC. With Kaom's you gain 500 life x whatever % life you have - probably close to 1500, but you lose out on minion levels via wands, and more importantly, six sockets. In my wands, I have blasphemy-frostbite (you can swap in enfeeble or temp chains like you've done), and in my trigger wand, desecrate and flesh offering (you can substitute bone offering like you've done). You may be better off with an armor based shield with high HP like lioneyes remorse, and running (vaal) molten shell (also in one of my wands). For a chest, you would want one with like 120 life and 10% life which is probably about half of the HP a kaom's heart would have. I would recommend adding dash to your gloves - that little movement saves lives!

In the end, you would have a little less HP, but would have a lot of block, less damage taken through enfeeble, and vaal molten shell for scary situations like a Kosis spawn or a potentially rippy boss. This is all the opinion of a softcore guy though. :)
3.15 ❆ Cold Skeletons guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2774965
thx for the feedback. i am running enfeeble blasphemy atm with only bone offering and fire storm in wand. i think i will get a 150hp chest with 10% life, lioneyes remorse with 5%+ max life corrupt and run bone offering. what do you think about cwdt with enfeeble and then getting MoM with mana rings... or should i just stay with enfeeble blasphemy. lol. i like to get like 7.5k life for big hits and then all those other things for small mob hit mitigation. =)
Hello everyone. i have some questions atm i have level 2 gear. can u check my pastebin if all its correct? and just keep doing maps and leveling gems or should i change something ? https://pastebin.com/jzDYruqY also i have 500c to spent should save them til get the "requiered ex for level 3 gear"?

im open to all opinions and ideas.
@bakotako - Sounds good! Regarding MoM - I'm really not a fan since at minimum, we need hatred and that reserves 50%. Mana regen is also potentially an issue, so MoM and losing a flask slot for mana probably is not worth it. I would look into a Doryani's Glorious Vanity though - at 7,000 life if you can reach that, is 1,400 extra ES. 1,200 at 6,000 life. Do keep in mind that damage is surviability to a degree though - if they are dead, then they can't do damage outside of on death effects. Higher damage also means more consistant freezes on enemies.

@Perzival3 - Your DPS and gear look good, and I presume you are doing pretty well while mapping. I plan to do a very big update to the guide in the coming days (since most of this is based on my experience in 3.9, and I now have enough playtime in 3.10 to optimize it better). For now though, take a quick glance at my tree (don't copy since it's experimental and I change it every few days to test different things), but at the cluster jewels socketed at the left side. Pretty much copy that jewel setup (large should have renewal + one other good node - feasting fiends recommended). Instead of the chaos small jewel, run either a fettle small jewel or just a generic ghastly (life + minion attack speed). You would lose the spiritual aid cluster and spiritual command/sacrifice cluster for the points, as well as the small jewel socket on the left side. You will want to pick up more life for sure though (look into buying a +% life corrupted triad grip and coloring it with the guide's method).

On an unrelated note - that bottled faith that you have would be better off sold and the following upgrades picked up: +2 wands, +1/skellie amulet (make it yourself via awakener orb), and +2 chest (livesearch a 6 linked one that does not have a dex base).

Examples:
Generic Ghastly:

Fettle jewel:
3.15 ❆ Cold Skeletons guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2774965
New Video - Cortex kill in 3.10

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OtprJ0YqVfE&feature=youtu.be

I'm planning major updates to the guide and especially the tree. Keep an eye out!
i was thinking of getting better boots. is elder boosts with +1 to spector level or redeemer plus 2 to socketed cold skills better since it will buff the frostbite and hatred? since both boosts can roll % to get endurance charges on kill?
The upside of the elder boots is apparently fossil crafting the spector level is that it's about 70% so it shouldn't be too expensive
hey, also probably asked already, but what about empower lvl 3+ over melee phys or ele attack?
@b4timert - I don't think spectre levels would help too much - one level is about 10% damage and life between level 20 and 30 gems. It has a 400 weighting on poedb so I'm not so sure on 70%. Still, if your other pieces enable you to have boots that don't need a lot of res, it's a cool idea especially if you're using spectres for clear!

Cold skills is interesting though - that one used to be a fossil exclusive I believe, that I ignored since I hated crafting boots. It would indeed buff hatred which would let you get a level 25 version - about 2-5% more damage which is nice if you can get other good stats on the boots (math is in the hatred mechanics section where you can sort by how much hatred effect you have). If you look at my profile and my boots, I bought a corrupted pair which pretty much does the same thing. I could move frostbite into there, but that would mean resummoning zombies after every weapon swap.

Endurance charge on kill doesn't work since our minions kill and not us. Source: my boots last league when I failed a slam for elusive on my boots last league.

@bakotako - Pre level 30, each minion level gives 10% attack damage and 10% minion life. After level 30, it's 5% each, so basically the multiplier is 15-30%. Awakened melee phys is a super good gem since it gives 54% more damage plus 10% on top of that via intimidate. Elemental damage with attacks gives 59%, which is just hard to beat. In short - the multiplier is awful unless you do not have sources of minion levels elsewhere, and can get a pile of + gem level modifiers on the gear piece.

Empower is nice for zombie players since they care about minion life with them being permanent minions. If skellies die, we just summon more. :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info