💀3.15💀 iLL3aT’s Cold Skeleton Warriors/Archers/Mages ❆ League Starter ❆ All Content ❆

Does anyone know if it's safe to bring the animated guardian into a simulacrum?
(With the health regen from mask of the stitched demon + grave intentions)
"
iLL3aT wrote:
"
Pud1MxD wrote:
Hello! I have around 30ex and was looking for a good boss killer since I already have a zoom zoom character. I did a phys skellie last league but they were nerfed :/

Your build looks really good, can skellies still do all content with ease?

Yep! Phys is actually still good as well, but the build is very different from 3.9 and will cost a lot more.

Start with this tree for now: https://pastebin.com/SuNTw4nB

I'm still tweaking, and will have this one and the double cluster trees out in hopefully a few days, along with the write ups.

New is vaal molten shell as a core skill to help with survivability to supplement the damage.

I killed my first Shaper/Sirus with 2 ex of gear, and now at 100 ex+, Sirus doesn't even get to move during the last phase. 30 will get most of the damage (most of my value is in one wand) and if you don't like the build (personally I love it), the expensive pieces (wands, cluster jewels) stay the same market price so you can always re-sell.

@Alazin - Check the PoB above - this will be the new core build with potentially a few more tweaks later. A better high DPS crit variant will be released later.
Thank you so much for your answer! Will start leveling soon! I assume most of my budget is going to be spent on the wands correct?
@yan623 - Glad to hear!

Updated your Pastebin a little and clicked off a few buttons in the configuration, here you are. Damage is about 500k/skellie without charges, and 735k again. : https://pastebin.com/1WRHKwGc

I'd suggest you go with the new pastebin I released a few days ago if you can afford a few cluster jewels. For larges, go for renewal + 2 jewel sockets + like any other stat (vicious bites preferred but expensive), preferrably 8 small passives but 9 or ten will work for a budget. For mediums, 5 small passives, a jewel socket, and vicious commander. Precise commander is preferred for the other notable, but might be more expensive.

The pastebin - will be added to main guide soon: https://pastebin.com/SuNTw4nB

Essentially we lose a lot of the weaker minion nodes on the tree and replace them with very strong cluster jewels. Other small suggestions: +2 duration chest if there's a cheap, non evasion base that looks good, and to upgrade your flasks (copy mine).

@Walach_ - Depends on how fast you kill things and whether you get overrun. I'm running what I call a throwaway AG (no grave intentions, no mask of the stitched demons, kingmaker, ~50k life only, and replacing him if he dies). Since I kill pretty well, he hasn't gone below 80% life in simul. However, if you do get overrun and he gets focused, he might be in for some pain unless yours has a lot of life (and thus a lot of regen).

@Pud1MxD - Probably half on wands (5 for 1, 10 for trigger), probably a 6L +2 duration chest on a non-evasion base (start looking for one now). You'll want to allocate a few for cluster jewels (1 exish for a renewal, vicious bites, 2 jewel socket large, ~100c total for the two mediums). Rest can be for 21/23 vaal summon skellies (cheap this league), possibly awakened melee phys for intimidate, and the rest to fill out, including either a +1 int amulet or an awakener orb'd int/skellies amulet.
3.15 ❆ Cold Skeletons guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2774965
Hey, I have what may be a stupid question.
If you have EE and you're using frost bomb aren't you gimping your own hatred-based, cold damage?
Shouldn't you be using non-cold elements together with EE?
"
fizbanger wrote:
Hey, I have what may be a stupid question.
If you have EE and you're using frost bomb aren't you gimping your own hatred-based, cold damage?
Shouldn't you be using non-cold elements together with EE?

With frost bomb, you have to take avatar of fire to covert all cold damage of the player to fire damage. It still price EE while providing exposure during the first half.
3.15 ❆ Cold Skeletons guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2774965
"
iLL3aT wrote:
@yan623 - Glad to hear!

Updated your Pastebin a little and clicked off a few buttons in the configuration, here you are. Damage is about 500k/skellie without charges, and 735k again. : https://pastebin.com/1WRHKwGc

I'd suggest you go with the new pastebin I released a few days ago if you can afford a few cluster jewels. For larges, go for renewal + 2 jewel sockets + like any other stat (vicious bites preferred but expensive), preferrably 8 small passives but 9 or ten will work for a budget. For mediums, 5 small passives, a jewel socket, and vicious commander. Precise commander is preferred for the other notable, but might be more expensive.

The pastebin - will be added to main guide soon: https://pastebin.com/SuNTw4nB

Essentially we lose a lot of the weaker minion nodes on the tree and replace them with very strong cluster jewels. Other small suggestions: +2 duration chest if there's a cheap, non evasion base that looks good, and to upgrade your flasks (copy mine).

@Walach_ - Depends on how fast you kill things and whether you get overrun. I'm running what I call a throwaway AG (no grave intentions, no mask of the stitched demons, kingmaker, ~50k life only, and replacing him if he dies). Since I kill pretty well, he hasn't gone below 80% life in simul. However, if you do get overrun and he gets focused, he might be in for some pain unless yours has a lot of life (and thus a lot of regen).

@Pud1MxD - Probably half on wands (5 for 1, 10 for trigger), probably a 6L +2 duration chest on a non-evasion base (start looking for one now). You'll want to allocate a few for cluster jewels (1 exish for a renewal, vicious bites, 2 jewel socket large, ~100c total for the two mediums). Rest can be for 21/23 vaal summon skellies (cheap this league), possibly awakened melee phys for intimidate, and the rest to fill out, including either a +1 int amulet or an awakener orb'd int/skellies amulet.

Thanks very much for the help!
I actually play on standard so i guess i will wait a bit for the cluster jewels but i'm thrilled to see the build is getting even stronger!
Thanks again!
Hey, how do you calculate dps for the skellies? no matter how much i check trough the PoB i cant seem to find a number that makes sense and checking the pob you posted above from @yan623 i cant seem to understand where is the dps as the numbers you mention dont really fit with what im seeing on the pob.

here is the pob for my current character: https://pastebin.com/3qzDA3v6
@yan623 - Yep, and quite a lot stronger at that! But the tradeoff is that minion life in general takes a big hit. Cluster jewels will be amazing to every minion build once you get them, especially since we have no wasted points.

@Panzamelano - With skitterbots, you put in 36 as the shock calculator on PoB. While it is about half shock and half extra damage taken via bonechill, they go into the same pool of mods (increased monster damage taken), so 36 shock works. Most minion builds use frenzy and power charges and check off power/frenzy charges as well, which does add a large, partially artificial damage increase.

Couple tips for your tree. A medium thread of hope above Lord of the Dead can get you ravenous horde and cruel preparation for cheap. The freed up points can be used for life. You have a stray int point over devotion that can go to life. You don't seem to need that 30 dex node - life. Try for a cluster jewel with two jewel sockets - mediums are pretty much our best friends until we can spec into crit, since vengeful commander and renewal is huge. Check out my profile and the leftmost jewel setup for what I recommend on this front. I suspect at level 90 or so you'll hit 6k life.

Damage will go up naturally as you level up gems, and get quality on them from selling them with a GCP at level 20 and re-levelling them. In terms of gear, keep an eye out for +2 duration chests - they come up somewhat commonly and you can pick up a good one for cheap. Avoid evasion bases.

Try out the above, and let me know if you have any more questions!
"
With frost bomb, you have to take avatar of fire to covert all cold damage of the player to fire damage. It still price EE while providing exposure during the first half.

OK, let me see if I've wrapped my tiny brain around it:
1. The gloves and hatred turn all damage to cold.
2. Avatar of Fire then turns all the damage to fire.
3. Frost bomb procs EE reducing enemy fire resistance by 50%, allowing for more fire dps, which at this point is the primary damage type?

Have I got that right?
"
fizbanger wrote:
"

OK, let me see if I've wrapped my tiny brain around it:
1. The gloves and hatred turn all damage to cold.
2. Avatar of Fire then turns all the damage to fire.
3. Frost bomb procs EE reducing enemy fire resistance by 50%, allowing for more fire dps, which at this point is the primary damage type?

Have I got that right?

Minions and the player are differentiated here. Minions do not change the EE on the enemy monster, only the player can.

1. The gloves turn all minion damage to cold. Because of generosity linked to hatred, the player does no cold damage.
2. Avatar of fire turns the player's damage to fire damage. However, frost bomb still has what it says on the tooltip - lowering the enemy's cold resistance by 25
3. Frost bomb's explosion proc's EE by doing fire damage (increasing fire resistance by 25%, and decreasing cold and lightning resistance by 50%). Since the minions deal 100% cold damage, damage increases significantly due to both EE and frost bomb.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info