💀3.15💀 iLL3aT’s Cold Skeleton Warriors/Archers/Mages ❆ League Starter ❆ All Content ❆

If you want to improve the guide maybe add a section on corrupted implistes you might want or looking for for each on item type.

for example.

body armor
to Level of Socketed Gems
+2 to Level of Socketed Duration Gems
(4–6)% increased maximum Life
(4–6)% increased maximum Energy Shield(only if you have 1k+ if not then t2)

tier 2 ones
additional Physical Damage Reduction while stationary.
You take 50% reduced Extra Damage from Critical Strikes.
(4–6)% reduced (from element X) Damage taken

helmet
-(4–6)% increased maximum Life
-Cannot be Blinded
-increased Effect of Chill( is a bit useless if you want to use elemental focus on your skellies but will still buff other minions)(please note i personally have no idea if it will even work when your minions attack)
-energy shield if you have a lot 1k+

Ones you can look for but need a reshuffle of skill gems and you dont have a +X to minion helmet since you will need to run the curses/ hatred in the helmet.
-Socketed Skill Gems get a 90% Mana Multiplier
-Level of Socketed AoE,aura,duration,Curse Gems

Dont get a bone helmet that is corrupted with a implicit you want the + minion damage.

it might also be helpful to add a supplementary section that state what +X skill gems do. this might be helpful for never player since they wont know they get a buff unless you go to the wiki or experiment.
for example
socketed:if it say sockets it is only gems in that piece of gear that gets levels.
+ to intelligence skill gems. all blue gems
+ 1 to minion gems. all gems that say minion somewhere in the text. it might have been obvious but i didn't even think about the fact that it might affect the support gems.
duration skill gems,Desecrate Vaal Haste,Vaal Impurity of Ice,Armageddon Brand,Assassin's Mark,Bone Offering,Enfeeble,Frost Bomb,Flesh Offering,Frostbite,Spirit Offering,Summon vaal Skeletons,Vaal Molten Shell.

This is less about your guide and more to do with the game mechanics since they don't say it anywhere in game but i have no idea what even effect minions just yourself or both.
For example items that give the increased Effect of Chill i have no idea if it will trigger for minions that attack or just when you yourself use skills like frost bomb. the same apply to curses on hit like the frostbite, enfeeble. or stuff like endurance charges on kill that was on your boots of last league. at moment i assume it will give your minions the charges and not you unless if frost bomb somehow kill something? if you have time might be helpful to add it under advance game mechanic section.

Commenting here because this is only crit skele guide I found.

Just got this one of kind megalomanic, perfect for skeleton but I was playing spectres so would rather sell because blessed rebirth would be wasted otherwise. Any thoughts on what this really worth?
Last edited by yozorae on Apr 27, 2020, 11:27:50 AM
@b4timert - Thank you for your comments, I greatly appreciate them!

One thing I have to watch out for is too much information - I've already hit the character cap on page 1: 50,000. It would be less of an issue if I had reserved two additional posts instead of one, but now I have that limitation. Still - I have a tendency to be wordy, so this is pretty good at disciplining my writing. I plan to "finish" league (40 challenges) this week, so I plan to write again after that.

In terms of corruptions, I think most of them are not worth it unless it is one of the recommended ones in the guide (+2 dutation, +1 socketed, %life on gloves, hatred on gloves/belt/amulet) since you can probably roll a better item than the corruption. You may be lucky and hit a secondary corruption (like the one on my skeleton chest), but corruptions are far too unreliable to realistically aim for, unless it helps the build a lot like in the case of +2.

For helmets, I think a bone helmet is just too good to pass up, hence why it is the recommended helmet for all minion builds which don't use a unique there. You can try to vaal off a "item is overvalued by vendors" implicit like one of my friends is doing for his end of league project, but he's burning through hundreds of exalts trying, so that's beyond the scope of this guide (he did succeed once, but hit the wrong vaal implicit).

Good point on intelligence/minion skill points. I'll add that somewhere.

Increased effect of chill is just for you. If it does not say minions or allies, it does not affect them at all. The endurance charge on kill on my last league's boots are actually from a failed redeemer slam for elusive. I never got an endurance charge once last league. I probably should have sold the boots to someone who would get value out of it, but I needed the dex which was hard to find on boots. I failed the slam again this league and hit "you cannot be chilled..." which at least is better.

@yozorae - Yep, we're the only crit skellies. In the phys guide, I recommended avoiding crit since it was too expensive since they can only get it via megalomaniacs.

As for the worth - a three statter with VB/PC/First among equals sold for 80 ex I believe. While yours is a three statter, it is worth less since only skeletons can use it, and not zombies/spectres. Seeing as VB/PC is ~30 ex, it's worth something between those amounts. In my guide in 8(10) though, I recommended against the VB/PC megalomaniacs since they were roughly equal to a vengeful commander/PC + jewel socket medium, and those only cost 1 ex. I have two of those and will not be using them until level 100 when I transition to full glass cannon.

If you want though, I can trade you one of my PC/VB megalomaniacs and a premium of some exalts.

3.15 ❆ Cold Skeletons guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2774965
Just curious, are most people going for Redemption Sentry's now? Or is everyone still going 6-L Skelly's. I been thinking of respecing my Witch, already gave all my spectre gear away :-( Thought I was done with the league, but I still have the itch. I was thinking of crafting some of my gear again for the spectre's but thought Skelly's could be a nice change.
Last edited by chaoticwon on Apr 27, 2020, 5:18:53 PM
"
chaoticwon wrote:
Just curious, are most people going for Redemption Sentry's now? Or is everyone still going 6-L Skelly's. I been thinking of respecing my Witch, already gave all my spectre gear away :-( Thought I was done with the league, but I still have the itch. I was thinking of crafting some of my gear again for the spectre's but thought Selly's could be a nice change.

I'm playing with redemption sentries temporarily now for my chayula runs from 99-100 (since I can't see a thing), and I made a sentries and zombies focused setup that can afk low tier blight maps for end game grinds. I brought RS to the conquerors and while they do good damage, skeletons with the same setup did about twice the damage (well, it makes sense, you get 12 of them rather than five).

The good thing with this build is you can either play skeletons, spectres, zombies (though nor optimally), and really any physical damage minion build, and all you have to do is change the chest out. The only things I swapped is the chest, and in the spectre gem slot, I put convocation in instead. I had to change boots in my setup to get enough dex (my spectre chest is an evasion base...) to wear it though.
3.15 ❆ Cold Skeletons guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2774965
Hello,

First, amazing guide :) My first character was a volatile dead spellsplinger, so it was hard to find another build to switch to sometimes... VD being so O.P.

This one does almost the trick: I can do T16 without too much difficulties, but I find my clear speed lacking. Delirium in malformation/promenade T16 is doable, but I can't finish it fast enough... Mainly because I can't rush into the fray, cause I find myself squishy and quick to die.

Here my pob : https://pastebin.com/JjtyZ2RA

If you have a suggestion of things I can do better, I'm in. I build the second wand myself (and I'm proud of it, even if it's not the best. Also I'm definitely too chicken sh*t to annul and pray...)

Btw, I tried with a shield (Surrender): cleary, I was more tankier, but not by a large margin. Kind of a deception.

Thanks anyway. Against boss, my current is far from being as good as VD, but it's still so much better than a lot of builds I tried.
"
Dudekroc wrote:
Hello,

First, amazing guide :) My first character was a volatile dead spellsplinger, so it was hard to find another build to switch to sometimes... VD being so O.P.

This one does almost the trick: I can do T16 without too much difficulties, but I find my clear speed lacking. Delirium in malformation/promenade T16 is doable, but I can't finish it fast enough... Mainly because I can't rush into the fray, cause I find myself squishy and quick to die.

Here my pob : https://pastebin.com/JjtyZ2RA

If you have a suggestion of things I can do better, I'm in. I build the second wand myself (and I'm proud of it, even if it's not the best. Also I'm definitely too chicken sh*t to annul and pray...)

Btw, I tried with a shield (Surrender): cleary, I was more tankier, but not by a large margin. Kind of a deception.

Thanks anyway. Against boss, my current is far from being as good as VD, but it's still so much better than a lot of builds I tried.

The pastebin does not work - it gives me a 302 error.

Playstyle is very important. Instead of rushing headfirst into mobs, you want to approach from the side, like the diagram below.

___________Mob

-----------Running Path----------->

That way, projectiles have a much higher chance of missing, and melee units will not hit you either. You would then summon a skeleton pack on top of the mob. You also want to have the Lunaris pantheon and especially the sub-pantheon to take no damage fro chains. By playing like this (no shield, ~5.8k life, Xibaqua glorious vanity, big damage), I levelled to 99 pretty organically, only dying twice between 96 and 99.

On a side note, I tried a PP VD build a few leagues ago, but quit before level 75 since the colors just made my eyes bleed.
Are the gems updated/correct?

Thanks, T
when i look up you character you are wearing some different gems then the guide. should i be geming like you character in your profile?
@Tallion99 - I'll update the gems this weekend. I changed some things around after some experimentation. Mostly due to zombies dying, I've lowered their priorty. The PoB should be correct I believe.

@hypergod - The character in my profile is always experimental (I went triple cluster glass cannon after I hit 100) so I wouldn't rely on it. The PoBs are newly updated though, so I would follow those instead. My current setup is a spectre switch for AFKing blight maps, though the only thing that changed from the skeleton setup is the chest piece (+2 duration chest for a +1 spectre chest).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info