💀3.15💀 iLL3aT’s Cold Skeleton Warriors/Archers/Mages ❆ League Starter ❆ All Content ❆

okay, thanks for the feedback. sorry for all the questions. one more... so, im kinda lazy and tired of casting all skeletons; i've been running zombies with cyclone+life on hit+fortify with a claw with cast on spell. this seems faster for mob and map clearing as i just quicksilver and cyclone through the mobs - getting fortify, life on hit (gem + claw), applying EE, and proccing (bone offering and convocation).

my question is do you think I should stick to your hatred build or go to the traditional phys zombie with pride? I also want to get a helm with minion damage mod and then have a 5L skeleton as additional dps on top of the zombies for bosses that needs to be kited.

what do you think? zombie phys or stick with hatred/cold?
No worries, I like questions and your hardcore take is interesting. Your call on that. I haven't tried zombies, but with my setup and spectres (redemption sentries), it worked really well. For zombies, I would suggest going through the two on the forums right now since I'm not too familiar with them. From going through them though, it looks like you need the crafted weapon (~8 ex) before it feels good. Still though, I think the cyclone playstyle may suit zombies more since skellies have to stop and cast.

If you're running cyclone though, I suggest a channeling medium cluster jewel with:

Enduring Focus
Channelling Skills deal 25% increased Damage
25% chance to gain an Endurance Charge each second while Channelling

and

Hex Breaker
8% increased Attack and Cast Speed while Channelling
Immune to Curses while Channelling
3.15 ❆ Cold Skeletons guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2774965
"
iLL3aT wrote:
@b4timert - I don't think spectre levels would help too much - one level is about 10% damage and life between level 20 and 30 gems. It has a 400 weighting on poedb so I'm not so sure on 70%. Still, if your other pieces enable you to have boots that don't need a lot of res, it's a cool idea especially if you're using spectres for clear!

Cold skills is interesting though - that one used to be a fossil exclusive I believe, that I ignored since I hated crafting boots. It would indeed buff hatred which would let you get a level 25 version - about 2-5% more damage which is nice if you can get other good stats on the boots (math is in the hatred mechanics section where you can sort by how much hatred effect you have). If you look at my profile and my boots, I bought a corrupted pair which pretty much does the same thing. I could move frostbite into there, but that would mean resummoning zombies after every weapon swap.

It apparently around 70% with fossil crafting. The guy claimed its 75-80% but im skeptical so i said 70%
he used: Dense + Pristine + Bound fossils but it might not be that accurate anymore since its a year + old post.

As for what im using you can look i made my profile public. my problem is i have no idea what the try and improve next. and there is so much to improve i have about 6500 health and 2100 energy shield. but i still feel like i die so fast. chaos is around 38+- and all but lightning is maxed, lightning is in low 60%.

if had Sirus unlocked for around 2+ weeks but am to afraid to start the fight.
i guess the reason is:i fought the vaal queen in my temple a few weeks ago she was level 72 and i was 90 and she kept 1 shotting me but admittedly my gear is a lot better now(but not my gems). its a combination of me being bad and having to play with 200-2000 ping since i dont have very good internet connection. It also doesnt help both my internet and ggg servers can also be unstable at times.

the desert spring boss(giant scorpion boss just saying incase i remember the map name wrong) also one shotted(current gear) me I dont know the mods since it became a unidentified vaal map + divine vessel. wish i was smart and gave up after the 1st death or didnt put in the divine vessel. i thought i could dodge it until i lost all my exp and portals was almost 93 at the time(on my last death i finally saw what was killed me it was the sand it's tail whips out on the path to the final arena). when replayed it it as super easy i noticed it's attacks didnt cover the entire screen/path outside of the screen anymore or even kill me when it hit me. so if i had to guess it must have had a mod that increase the AOE range and damage. Even still it does make me question if i can beat Sirus. When i fought bran he also 1 shotted me (had over 75% lightning at the time)
First priority is to cap resistances for sure. If you have the money, you can set up an animated guardian with Kingmaker as well, providing you fortify for another layer of defence. Get minions have a chance to blind/taunt on two ghastly eye jewels for another layer of defense. Offensively, look to get two +1 wands and +1 necklace. Offence is a great layer of defence since if the monsters are dead, they can't hurt you anymore.

I'm updating the guide with a new tree to account for cluster jewels and Vaal molten shell - here's a PoB that's a preview of what's to come: https://pastebin.com/QJnZBfNA

I no longer recommend bone barrier, but Commander of Darkness instead - this may help with resistances.

For Sirus - if you have no exp left, fight him. I lost a few fights to him early last league when I was learning him, but after all the hard knocks, I haven't failed one since. Watch a lot of videos. For Sirus the more damage you do the safer the fight is since then you don't have to deal with his attacks/one shot mechanics/bugs.

That wind up attack can one shot depending on mods (scorpion boss). Baran's ground explosions can shotgun as well - taking one or two is typically fine, but three plus is a one shot.

Hope this helps!
3.15 ❆ Cold Skeletons guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2774965
Were you still planning on making an update for 3.10? I'd like to try this build out again but it seems very reliant on crafting items which is rather painful for any newer players and might be the only area your guide doesn't touch on (the effort you put into the guide is truly impressive, well done btw).
"
Alazin wrote:
Were you still planning on making an update for 3.10? I'd like to try this build out again but it seems very reliant on crafting items which is rather painful for any newer players and might be the only area your guide doesn't touch on (the effort you put into the guide is truly impressive, well done btw).

Thanks Alazin!

I’m working on the update still, I am up to the gear section but don’t have all too much time with full time work and trying to finish (40 challenges) the league. I’m hoping to be done the update this weekend or sometime next week. I’ll add a crafting guide too, thanks for the feedback!. For most early upgrades it is typically cheaper to buy than to craft yourself.

"
iLL3aT wrote:
"
Alazin wrote:

Thanks Alazin!

I’m working on the update still, I am up to the gear section but don’t have all too much time with full time work and trying to finish (40 challenges) the league. I’m hoping to be done the update this weekend or sometime next week. I’ll add a crafting guide too, thanks for the feedback!. For most early upgrades it is typically cheaper to buy than to craft yourself.

Awesome, thank you so much.
Hello! I have around 30ex and was looking for a good boss killer since I already have a zoom zoom character. I did a phys skellie last league but they were nerfed :/

Your build looks really good, can skellies still do all content with ease still even with the nerf?
Last edited by Pud1MxD on Apr 16, 2020, 2:24:34 AM
"
Pud1MxD wrote:
Hello! I have around 30ex and was looking for a good boss killer since I already have a zoom zoom character. I did a phys skellie last league but they were nerfed :/

Your build looks really good, can skellies still do all content with ease?

Yep! Phys is actually still good as well, but the build is very different from 3.9 and will cost a lot more.

Start with this tree for now: https://pastebin.com/SuNTw4nB

I'm still tweaking, and will have this one and the double cluster trees out in hopefully a few days, along with the write ups.

New is vaal molten shell as a core skill to help with survivability to supplement the damage.

I killed my first Shaper/Sirus with 2 ex of gear, and now at 100 ex+, Sirus doesn't even get to move during the last phase. 30 will get most of the damage (most of my value is in one wand) and if you don't like the build (personally I love it), the expensive pieces (wands, cluster jewels) stay the same market price so you can always re-sell.

@Alazin - Check the PoB above - this will be the new core build with potentially a few more tweaks later. A better high DPS crit variant will be released later.
Hi, thanks for the great build!
i respeced my outdated Soulwrest necro to this, only invested in probably level 1/2 budget gears and i'm surprised how well it is doing already in red maps.

Certainly lots of space for improvement in terms of gears, but i just wanna check if my DPS make sense or am i doing something wrong - the numbers in my PoB seem a bit low e.g. only 116k dps??

Would appreciate if anyone could have a look and let me know, and also any comments what i should prioritize next.

PoB
https://pastebin.com/QM6gaKaW

Thanks again for the build and appreciate any comments!
Last edited by yan623 on Apr 16, 2020, 8:01:32 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info