Metamorph Statistics: Challenges and Ascendancy Classes

"
empy90 wrote:
So, are we gonna see a nerf to minions anytime soon?

Even more?

Zombies can´t survive red maps in their current form, anymore, while at Blight they only died on very tough T16 maps...

@topic

Blight was an amazing league, with interesting rewards. While some challanges were RNG; they came automatically while playing. This league, I feel that they don´t come that easy. I only have 16 and I don´t see many more coming, unless I play out of the ordinary.

The rewards are also less interesting, footprints and weapon effects, are just boring.

So, overall.

The league feels less fun and therefore, less people seem to play and therefore, just low numbers reached 24, which is the usual threshold for casuals. 36 was always for the nerds and 24/7 crowds, but 24 is definately much harder this league than at Blight.
un-ascended Witches = bots.

Just thought you all might want to know.
Last edited by praisethesun11 on Jan 26, 2020, 8:34:47 PM
The challenges do seem to be a bit easier overall this league. That isn't necessarily a bad thing, though. That said, I got 40/40 in Legion and Blight but think I'll be stopping at 36 this league. I don't really see myself completing the Sirus conditional challenge and there isn't a point in getting 39/40.

I also don't feel as driven to play this league to the end like I did thoe aforementioned leagues. I'm not really sure why that is. Metamorphs are alright and the atlas changes (especially after the latest patch) seem okay, but after I got 36 I just felt burned out. Just going to play some other games and come back in March refreshed and ready to go for the new league!
The bosses have become so hard that players have to resort to using the tankiest ascendancies to survive. I tried several characters, and got tired of getting my ass kicked by the bosses. Minions allow for a lot of meat shields, and it's no surprise that people are playing them to get though the end game content. The ramp-up on the bosses was ridiculous.
challenges this league are less about being really lucky and getting a rare random spawn as they have been since breach. since breach we have had to spends tons of currency buying challenges in 820 purely because we never run into the ultra rare encounters that were required.

the league has been a major downer mostly because of the complete lack of response or acknowledgement of how f'd up the new atlas progression is.
for a supposed bow rework league you guys really missed the mark

metamorph requires you to collect more crap to manage and then travel to yet another area just to manage more crap.. add to that the complete lack of eye drops (which still are rarely dropping) and you end up with stash tabs full of organs you will never get to use... where-as most leagues the mechanic is instant and interactive while progressing.
Last edited by Caulder10 on Jan 26, 2020, 8:52:26 PM
Challenges might be eaiser but i don't think that's the whole case. For me getting 36 challenges for this league it was doable because it could get done without going out of your way too much or having to pay for challenge services, hard to find boss kills that kind of stuff. When it comes to rewards i don't like getting portal effect for completing 36 challenges It should be a bigger reward for our character's apperances.
And thanks for amazing content you put in the game every league. I'm looking to complete many more 36(or maybe more, who knows) challenges.
I went out of my way to get 36, as I wanted the portal. That being said, don't know if they were easier, or I was enjoying this league more (problably! hehe).
I remember that last legue that were some chalenges that required anoit uniques, using golden oils etc. All of it seemed too much trouble for too little reward.
1 ex for a golden oil? Nah. 1 ex for fighting Uber Elder? Sign me in!
"
Are the challenges easier than usual or are the rewards more desirable?

Challenges are easier. Very little layered RNG or conditionals that require a specific build. Rewards are total junk. 12/24 for obvious reasons, 36 because it looks like something that belongs to 1999, not 2019 (and has terrible hitbox).

"
Witches and Necromancers remain very popular when looking at the total population
Necromancer is taking over more of the total population

You expected anything different after adding so much bullshit that summoners are best to deal with and nerfing ranged and melee at the same time?

"
Narrowing down to level 90+ characters, we'd expect to see more of the survivable ascendancies rising up to the top. What we see in reality is further separation of the top three ascendancies from the rest

People who player those classes are realizing their mistake and rerolling into more viable.

"
the top few ascendancy classes remain popular, proving their worth against tough Metamorph bosses

They are usually simply skipping metamorph bosses.
Organic chemistry is a weird thing. If you add a spoon of shit to a barrel of jam you'll get a barrel of shit.
For challenge completion, a lot more were random in Blight (Blight bosses, Blight Rares, Chayula outside her domain, etc.) The more random ones in Metamorph are much more manageable and if you're desperate can be bought out of.

I prefer the Metamorph style of challenges but if you're shooting for a lower distribution then I'd have made the Metamorph in Tane's lab harder by trying to hit certain increased life or damage thresholds.
Path of necromancer. Zz.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info