Metamorph Statistics: Challenges and Ascendancy Classes

I know how it looks, but please don't nerf necromancer again. I've been playing with my little zombies since the very beginning (way before it was cool). Please, I beg you good sirs and madams, don't further destroy my favorite build.
"
RamzaBehoulve wrote:
All I see is that Necromancer needs a serious nerf. No class should dominate that much two leagues in a row. You have a serious balance problem. And please, don't turn them from top class to completely useless either, we need balance, not useless classes.

Absolute not. Just make the other classes more attractive.
Nerfing the necromancer removes the pleasure of playing this kind of builds. But it will end in a nerf as it is the way of GGG doing thing sadly enough.
Yesterday I saw some poor guy stating he was bored because he spent 5 minutes killing drox with his build. I really think there is ample room for upgrade in the power level of other ascendencies right now.
"
Socratessa wrote:
"
RamzaBehoulve wrote:
All I see is that Necromancer needs a serious nerf. No class should dominate that much two leagues in a row. You have a serious balance problem. And please, don't turn them from top class to completely useless either, we need balance, not useless classes.

Absolute not. Just make the other classes more attractive.
Nerfing the necromancer removes the pleasure of playing this kind of builds. But it will end in a nerf as it is the way of GGG doing thing sadly enough.

I don't get why many people's answer to the whole balance issue is nerfing something into complete crap.

The necromancer is actually fun to play. But GGG doesn't like fun. Soon as that sacrilegious word is used, they nerf the living shit out of the build that is "fun".

If GGG focused on actually "balancing" the skills and builds, we'd see a lot more diversity.

I have a golem based necromancer, and it's decent. I put maybe 7-8 ex into it with some good planning (I already had some existing items that lowered the cost), and at level 93, has become fun to play.

To build a viable melee character, one needs a considerable increase in high-end items. This is where GGG needs to put some energy into. FFS, just make it so people can actually enjoy the game and not need 100 ex to get anywhere in this fucking game.

I'm looking forward to Diablo 4 at this point.

I couldn't care less what they'll nerf next. I just want GGG to stop relying on crappy leagues and give us an actual fun end-game that encourages multiplayer and character retention. Right now, it's the usual: Play new league for a week or two, then quit. Rinse and repeat. PoE 2 is said to rely on the same crappy Atlas that turned many people away from the game. The other contents like Delve is just bloatware and not fun. Legion and Breach are practically same crap but with different names. The game also has too many crafting mechanics. Every new league tend to introduce more and more of these bloatware...yawn.
Last edited by cownotme on Jan 29, 2020, 3:49:21 PM
"
ACGIFT wrote:
I don't think it's fair to compare it to Blight League, which had its own external factors at play: most of the serious players actually skipped that league entirely, due to no fault of the game's own: WoW Classic and Destiny 2 FTP launched the very same week as Blight League, if memory serves. That made Blight the least-played league of the 3.x era by far.

In terms of challenge count, I'm noticing a lot flatter (and lower) gain rate. Plus, we're over halfway through the league, and still the bar for 40/40 is at zero pixels long?

While many are reporting many of the challenges are "easier" the different contour of the results is... Weird. By comparison, let's look at Legion league, at FOUR weeks in (instead of 6½):

One takeaway is... We have an awful lot of 1-challenge accounts in Metamorph this time around, while those that push climb numbers pretty consistently... At least until they pass 36. (the big drop from 1 to 2 makes me wonder just how many bots there might be...)

While I opted to skip the league entirely myself, I could tell that some of the challenges were getting pretty nasty, even while most were pretty fair. A breakdown of some commentary:

• Defeat 1,500 Map Bosses - I do actually miss this from Harbinger League. This is the league's mandatory "do a hell of a lot of maps" challenge, and this one's the most fair way about it; it rewards clever thinking, and can rapidly be done by strategically twinning maps with multiple bosses. (e.g, triple-boss maps like Arena, City Square, Graveyard, Vaal Pyramid, etc.) Given the new Atlas system allows for just easily getting lots of white maps of the right kind, this is a lot more reasonable than previously, so it DOESN'T count as a "nasty" one.

• Defeat Conquerers Conditionally - This is a bit of a lopsided list. Some are very easy (Drox, for instance, runs FAR too long to NOT destroy 10 banners) while others might be confusing to accomplish, namely Al-Hezmin's. And failing one of this can get frustrating since this means you'll be a long way from another attempt.

• Complete these Encounters VI - This really is just a particularly high-end trading challenge, especially once you get in the "level an awakened gem to 5." Not exactly hard... But kinda annoying.

• Defeat Sirus Conditionally - Sirus is a buggy boss fight, and very un-fun to do. I'll admit I still don't know exactly whether you can use skills like Dash and avoid failing a lot of these challenges; all I know is that I don't think I've ever gotten hit by these things (let alone died) so far. This feels like possibly the most frustrating challenge: one failure and you gotta wait a LONG while to try again, and it'd never be clear what you did wrong. Bad challenge.

• Complete Deadly Encounters - Only frustrating because of how much more work/RNG getting Uber Elder is gated behind now.

• Complete Endgame Grinds - This is possibly the worst grind list I've ever seen so far; for once hitting 100 appears to be the easiest of them all. Doing Sirus -75 times- is nuts: no one is "fairly" going to do it. They're either doing "Sirus carries" or paying to get completions; the game needs less of these type of pseudo-trading challenges. The Legion encounters one, besides being kinda laggy, just goes to "spend 1,200 chaos orbs on the map device;" not exactly creative.

I don't get it. How is that chart showing more players completing 36 achievements but less completing 35...I need a new brain, but don't you need to have 35 achievements to reach 36 ?

I just love the Scion class, but GGG seems they are on a death strike to literally kill everything that is remotless fun.
Never invite Vorana, Last To Fall at a beer party.
Last edited by Vendetta on Jan 29, 2020, 5:51:56 PM
"
Hirux wrote:
Just get rid of necros... 0 currency needed to clear everything easily. Destroy necro abusers

Do you want some crackers with that whine? Also that's very constructive feedback indeed.
Never invite Vorana, Last To Fall at a beer party.
Last edited by Vendetta on Jan 29, 2020, 5:36:29 PM
"
PlatoniusIII wrote:
Looking at the chart for the challenges...

There are 9 lines. 24% has gotten 12 challenges, which isn't even the first line. So over 250% has gotten 1 challenge???????
"
Vendetta wrote:

I don't get it. How is that chart showing more players completing 36 achievements but less completing 35...I need a new brain, but don't you need to have 35 achievements to reach 36 ?
Because the bars on the graph are the percentage of players that have exactly X challenges.

The percentages listed under the chart on the other hand are at least X challenges.
"
JIRIK wrote:
Whats wrong with scion/ascendant? Being on the bottom of the lists

You mean what`s wrong with it apart from being 100% hot garbage?
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
Necro tops the list because it's fun, has good dps, good survival-ability, good build diversity allowing for several play styles, and scales well with investment.

The last point is becoming more and more important in game that combines awful trade system with rng-based time-sink of crafting system, effectively forcing to trade for high-end items unless willing to spend tons of hours, artificially holding back progress while also engaging heavily in crafting (which is just one of game sub-systems to engage with and should not feel like a must).

Necro requires less than 1ex to map well into yellows and about 5ex to try end-game content (~10ex to do it comfortably). Most desirable items are uniques - way more accessible than crafted gear.

In other words, necro is what every class in this game should be.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info