[Archived] Moosseolini's Holy Relics Guardian

Hi all, and thanks to Moosseolini for this fun build. I plan on using it as my character next league (I don't have a lot of time to play, so it's one character per league for me, unfortunately), I've started testing it at the end of this one just to get a feel for it, and I find it great. I particularly appreciate the relaxing playstyle.

So, I have one question: for those that go Kaom's Heart (so no extra minions, and therefore no onslaught), and use Cyclone to proc the relics, how viable is to use The Stampede as boots? We lose on life and res, but we have higher movement speed while cycloning than we would have with a quicksilver flask. The loss of life can be somewhat mitigated by the extra anoint we can put there (my first thoughts are Heart of Oak or even Herbalism, or we can boost damage, although slightly, by getting Bannerman. Or we can get another defensive layer by using Silent Step for the 10% blind chance, which we should get on bosses fairly easily since we hit 5 times per second), and we can run an extra flask instead of quicksilver.

What do you guys think?
I've run a similar necro build in ritual, and stampede was quite nice. Specifically with frostblink as movement skill, it's way better to dodge while cycloning and with this much reduced CD feels nice.
Just see if it works for you I'd say.
@Teschioz:
The Stampede offers lots of flexibility (2nd annointment) but lacks additional resistances. Depending wether or not you want to max out your chaos - resistance, it might be troublesome to put the gear together.

Additional movementspeed could be on the "hunter" amulet aswell.
Movementspeed is another prefix, but it might be pretty hard to get
T1 life, T1 movementspeed and the additional gemlevel at the same time.

Blind is pretty useful in my opinion. There is a chance to get it with the timeless jewels. Gloves may offer it too.

I could highly recommend it as the "only" build during a league.
I am currently tempted to run it a 2nd time too, depending on patchnotes.

It felt pretty awesome on a small budget. Further investments are mainly for quality of life and additional convenience, since the damage-scaling is limited.
Looking at the new skill gems announced I might try out Absolution with a tree that looks very similar to this tree for Holy Relic. It might work out nicely. Pending balance manifesto and seeing how Absolution actually works.
"
Teschioz wrote:
Hi all, and thanks to Moosseolini for this fun build. I plan on using it as my character next league (I don't have a lot of time to play, so it's one character per league for me, unfortunately), I've started testing it at the end of this one just to get a feel for it, and I find it great. I particularly appreciate the relaxing playstyle.

So, I have one question: for those that go Kaom's Heart (so no extra minions, and therefore no onslaught), and use Cyclone to proc the relics, how viable is to use The Stampede as boots? We lose on life and res, but we have higher movement speed while cycloning than we would have with a quicksilver flask. The loss of life can be somewhat mitigated by the extra anoint we can put there (my first thoughts are Heart of Oak or even Herbalism, or we can boost damage, although slightly, by getting Bannerman. Or we can get another defensive layer by using Silent Step for the 10% blind chance, which we should get on bosses fairly easily since we hit 5 times per second), and we can run an extra flask instead of quicksilver.

What do you guys think?

The Stampede are probably fine to use for mobility in mapping. They might make it harder to get the resistances we need though, so plan ahead!
"
Kelpocalypse wrote:
Looking at the new skill gems announced I might try out Absolution with a tree that looks very similar to this tree for Holy Relic. It might work out nicely. Pending balance manifesto and seeing how Absolution actually works.

Absolution absolutely does look promising (sorry, couldn't resist)

It could be used as an option to run in a 6-linked chest, or maybe as a double 5-link in the staff alongside Holy Relic. We would need to get rid of Brutality for the second option because of Absolution's damage conversion.

I suspect that minion attack/cast speed will be a valuable stat for Absolution though, which we currently don't have much of. Also, Absolution is a spell, which means that it won't cause our relics to trigger their nova.

Either way, I'll definitely be experimenting with it, though I'm guessing it will be a better standalone skill rather than a supporting skill for this build. It looks like it fits into HoP Guardian perfectly.
Last edited by Moosseolini on Jul 16, 2021, 6:21:34 PM
Hi.

Played these build in delirium and is gr8 but dnoo why you guys link pride+generosity because it does not work...

Pride is not an aura that effects alies + generosity skill description says:

Cannot support curse auras, or other auras that only affect enemies. Cannot support skills used by totems

You basicaly ate the mana from pride :) just unlink it and you will see the differance.
As far as I understand it, Generosity has no effect on Pride. And with that I mean no positive effect, and no negative effect either: Generosity has no mana multiplier, so it doesn't increase the cost of reserving Pride. Linked or unlinked it basically makes no difference.
"
C1K1 wrote:
Hi.

Played these build in delirium and is gr8 but dnoo why you guys link pride+generosity because it does not work...

Pride is not an aura that effects alies + generosity skill description says:

Cannot support curse auras, or other auras that only affect enemies. Cannot support skills used by totems

You basicaly ate the mana from pride :) just unlink it and you will see the differance.

As Teschioz said above, Generosity has no effect on Pride. Its main purpose in the build is to buff up War Banner and Zealotry.

What I will concede however, is that it can probably be replaced in the final endgame version of the build. All it really does is buff up War Banner by a tiny amount in the endgame, which might not be worth a gem socket in the end.
Looking at the manifesto, it looks like we're likely to be decently affected by some of the changes.

1) We already know that using the Minion Damage support gem is going to come with the downside of our minions having 25% less life. This might make it necessary for us to grab increased minion life instead of other passives.

Predator, Controlled Destruction, and Brutality are all likely to go down in power too, as they currently give hefty damage increases.

Assuming a top-end of 48% more damage multiplier for all our damage gems, we'll be dealing about 20% less damage than before with just the support gem changes.

2) Flame dash changes hurt a little bit, but not too much in my opinion. Suffix 'of Adrenaline' changes hurt a little bit too.

3) Flask changes will mainly hurt our ability to mitigate damage, especially physical damage. Our physical damage reduction against big hits can be as much as 50% lower without our Rumi's Concoction and Basalt Flask active, so we might need to look into additional layers of mitigation (possibly the new Ward mechanic).

Since ailment immunity is going to be harder to come by, we want to focus on mitigating freeze and bleed first before anything else. We are already pretty resilient to curses thankfully.

We will see the full extent of changes with the patch notes. The main concerns are with surviving longer boss fights (due to damage loss), especially if we need to mitigate against big physical hits.
Last edited by Moosseolini on Jul 19, 2021, 7:49:20 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info