[Archived] Moosseolini's Holy Relics Guardian

"
Caskuda wrote:
"
Yipp wrote:
Dear Mooseolini,

Is it possible to play a version of this with fewer cluster jewels, for more casual & less knowledgeable players?

If the answer is yes, which cluster Jewel if we only used one (or none), would you recommend and where would we spend our refunded passives?

I understand this maybe a very involved answer so feel free to punt on it or be nonspecific... any information would be appreciated

Thank you

As the guide states on page one, relics scale with minion damage, and cluster jewels are one of the best sources for this.

A cluster jewel like linked below will be around 1/3 of your increased minion damage, so best not skipp those:
https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Ultimatum/yBoPZ5GUR

Besides: feasting fiends is going to add life leech to your relics, which is important.

Like Caskuda said, minion cluster jewels provide us with a lot of minion damage, which is our primary way of scaling damage. However, you don't need perfect 8-passive 3-notable cluster jewels! Just use any passive any affix jewels, as they will still be the most efficient source of minion damage.
"
TheChosenOne_ wrote:
Can we use cyclone version and just ignore attack speed? The reason why I don't play CoC builds is cause I gotta deal with the specific gear I gotta get. I was gonna start this build and use cyclone but I got turned off by needing to look at pob to calculate stuff then look for specific gear to match some numbers. I just want to play the build without thinking much

For not thinking too much, Static Strike is perfect. I assume you definitely want to stick with Cyclone though.

In which case, you will usually end up with a holy relic CD time of 0.4s in the endgame, unless you go overboard with scaling the divergent holy relic gem with enhance support gems. This means that we can aim for a Cyclone attack rate of 5 hits per second.

The problem with not optimizing the gear is that your damage can be suboptimal. At worst, you'll be doing half the damage. Usually, you will be doing somewhere between half and full damage though. If that's not an issue for you, just play cyclone and completely ignore attack speed.

To try and make this as simple as possible, follow this single rule:
- Keep getting more attack speed while you don't have 5 hits per second. Stop stacking before you go over 5.

"
commonjunks wrote:
"
Stanior wrote:
"
Caskuda wrote:

@all:
what are your experiences with uber atziri, the hidden and the feared?
dying relics have been my main problem with uber atziri and the hidden.

Doing uber atziri without any problem when using : Sibyl's Lament coral ring in right slot + Soul of Yugul Pantheon (this combination give us 100% reduced reflected physical damage)

Did you crafted your staff yourself?
I bought with fracture and drop fossil and 2xannul. didn't have more balls to do str+int.

Yes, i crafted it myself :)
bought many faceted fossils and trying many times :) if i good remember bought staff with fractured +1 gems for 1 ex (on the begin of the league :D ) and send about 16ex for rolling it :)
"
Moosseolini wrote:
"
TheChosenOne_ wrote:
Can we use cyclone version and just ignore attack speed? The reason why I don't play CoC builds is cause I gotta deal with the specific gear I gotta get. I was gonna start this build and use cyclone but I got turned off by needing to look at pob to calculate stuff then look for specific gear to match some numbers. I just want to play the build without thinking much

For not thinking too much, Static Strike is perfect. I assume you definitely want to stick with Cyclone though.

In which case, you will usually end up with a holy relic CD time of 0.4s in the endgame, unless you go overboard with scaling the divergent holy relic gem with enhance support gems. This means that we can aim for a Cyclone attack rate of 5 hits per second.

The problem with not optimizing the gear is that your damage can be suboptimal. At worst, you'll be doing half the damage. Usually, you will be doing somewhere between half and full damage though. If that's not an issue for you, just play cyclone and completely ignore attack speed.

To try and make this as simple as possible, follow this single rule:
- Keep getting more attack speed while you don't have 5 hits per second. Stop stacking before you go over 5.

I just wanted to play a lazy build so that's why I wanted to use cyclone but with static strike it's just as lazy and no need to worry about the stuff we gotta worry about for cyclone?
Every build that triggers damage on attack has to manage skill CDs with attack speed, no way around that.
Bis gem (21/23) divergent relic has a trigger rate of just under 0.3 seconds.
Any 20q relic is at 0.33.

Cyclone als therefore needs to be close to 6.65 or 5.9 depending on gem quality.
(you dont get it to be slow enough for 1proc/attack)
How to handle when Relic died all of sudden mid fight with ultimatum.
Either have to give up the reward or die trying off the aura and raise Relics.

Normally they don't die but I had 4-5 maps recently when almost finishing fight and relic are dead. While trying to deactivate aura, too many mobs killed my in an instant.

Any suggestion?

"
Nephalon wrote:
Every build that triggers damage on attack has to manage skill CDs with attack speed, no way around that.
Bis gem (21/23) divergent relic has a trigger rate of just under 0.3 seconds.
Any 20q relic is at 0.33.

Cyclone als therefore needs to be close to 6.65 or 5.9 depending on gem quality.
(you dont get it to be slow enough for 1proc/attack)

21/20 was going for 9ex. There is no 21/23 even while searching those in offline.

Sample image is below, my both Relic ripped from ultimatum (have to run away to not lose xp)

Last edited by commonjunks on Jun 24, 2021, 8:59:47 AM
I've been reading all this discussion about Static Strike vs Cyclone but I"m not sure I've read where anyone said exactly how much better SS is over Cyclone for dps? Can someone tell me this?

Because...cyclone just seems FAR easier to use since you just hold the button down and go. Static strike seems very clunky as I move from pack to pack, click but if I'm not clicking on a monster they hit me first or there is a moment or two of pause as I click more than once to find something to hit. (That's probably not the best description of my issue with SS.)

Also, I've read .4 "normal" 20/20 Holy Relic has a nova CD of .4 seconds and you want to attack at close to 5 attacks per second with Cyclone but not going over. Correct? Does this mean that your Cyclone is hitting once every .2 seconds and you're aiming to have the Holy Relic nova go off every other cyclone hit?
I see a lot of necros using this build.
It is better or not?
Thanks
Last edited by UcigaToaca on Jul 6, 2021, 7:24:07 AM
"
UcigaToaca wrote:
I see a lot of necros using this build.
It is better or not?
Thanks

Necro is a good way, better dmg but less survivability.
"

Necro is a good way, better dmg but less survivability.

Thanks.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info