[Archived] Moosseolini's Holy Relics Guardian

So there is a chance that we may have to rework the build as well as Kaom Heart will not be an option now since we need more defense layer???
We are going to be able to have 100 reduce effect of curse on us with the Time of Need Ascendancy and the Upgraded Soul of Yugul. That would make us reroll less map mods and saving currency.
"
ThaMonster wrote:
We are going to be able to have 100 reduce effect of curse on us with the Time of Need Ascendancy and the Upgraded Soul of Yugul. That would make us reroll less map mods and saving currency.

We could already do that with the tree node that provides 20% reduced effect of curses. This gives us 100%, so effectively immunity from "normal" curses, such as those cast by monsters. However, map mods have the "cursed with X, with Y% increased effect". This means we mitigate the curse, we don't negate it. For example, "vulnerability with 20% increased effectiveness" means we still take 20% of a lvl 1 vulnerability curse, so 6% more physical damage. We could however use Yugul and the tree node (if the node stays as it is now, ofc) to get 120% reduced effect of curses.

On other topics, I believe that The Stampede is now a very good options for those that use Cyclone to proc relics. The nerf to flasks hurts, especially if we can't maintain quicksilver uptime. The "of adrenaline" nerf hurts us a lot too. With The Stampede, we can avoid using a quicksilver altogether, instead focusing on other flasks, and still be faster than before during cyclone. It will also help a lot with flame dash, by greatly increasing recovery rate so it's faster than before despite the nerf. The downside, of course, is loss of life and resistances. I believe we can mitigate the second one with jewels, and maybe the first one can be slightly mitigated with the anointment, but overall these nerfs will really hurt this build.
Last edited by Teschioz on Jul 20, 2021, 6:33:19 AM
The patch notes are more severe than I anticipated...

We lost about a third of damage and a third of effective life against physical hits (which is what usually killed us) after trying to simulate the new numbers in PoB. To get back our original effective health we'll probably have to lose more damage, and to get back damage instead we'll have to lose more effective health (likely by running another 6-link instead of Kaom's Heart).

As stupid as it sounds, I think we'll have to accept these changes at least in part. Of course we'll try to optimise as much as possible, but these are rather heavy nerfs across the board, and not just to us. This simply seems to be the direction in which PoE is moving.

Last edited by Moosseolini on Jul 20, 2021, 8:30:58 PM
No sure what to do about the phys mitigation loss, but one idea I had for increasing dps is to use (prob spectres or zombies) in a hungry loop for a 5-link. I think if we really need more dps, this might be the lowest opportunity cost to do so without giving up too much defenses. If we use specters (not sure which ones) it might be worth it to anoint death attunement for to reach 5 minions for onslaught.
I'm a little worried about the relics survival as well now if we're to run minion damage support.
Predator gut absolutely guttet, so what's left?
Empower, controlled destruction and brutality should be still worth it.
Then there are only minion damage and meat shield support left.
Could also be even more worth it to invest in an enhance setup now.
"
raie2 wrote:
No sure what to do about the phys mitigation loss, but one idea I had for increasing dps is to use (prob spectres or zombies) in a hungry loop for a 5-link. I think if we really need more dps, this might be the lowest opportunity cost to do so without giving up too much defenses. If we use specters (not sure which ones) it might be worth it to anoint death attunement for to reach 5 minions for onslaught.

That might be an option. It was always a bit of a consideration to run a Hungry Loop but now we are more incentivised to do so.

I may be wrong on this, but I don't think that gems inside the hungry loop benefit from gem levels, which makes minions supported by it somewhat mediocre.
"
Nephalon wrote:
I'm a little worried about the relics survival as well now if we're to run minion damage support.
Predator gut absolutely guttet, so what's left?
Empower, controlled destruction and brutality should be still worth it.
Then there are only minion damage and meat shield support left.
Could also be even more worth it to invest in an enhance setup now.

We were already using the highest damage regular supports we could, so there isn't much to swap around. Predator is likely still better than our other options, though it remains to be seen how it looks in-game, as some of the wording of the changes was vague (at least to me). The one gem that I haven't seen in the patch notes is Meat Shield, so that could be swapped for one of our current gems.

Swapping Minion Damage with Meat Shield would definitely help relic survivability, but of course we lose even more damage. I'll still try Minion Damage first to see if the relics are tanky enough with it.

Enhance variants of the build are definitely going to be even stronger now since the effectiveness of the gem hasn't changed, just the mana multiplier.
New values for support gems (lvl5/lvl20):
Awakened brutality: 44%
Awakened minion damage: 44%
Awakened controlled destruction: 44%
Predator: 14% * 24% = 41.2% marked
Meat shield: seems unchanged at 30%

Empower still mandatory.
Enhance comparably better.

IF every bonus gets a +1 for lvl 21, rankings still remain.
If i run relic this league, it's going to be enhance version, so if
minion damage remains viable predator and meat shield are out.

Honestly the patch notes are even more polarizing then before when deciding between necro and guardian:
Necro gets even more damage advantage (running minion damage should be np, easy to set up another minion thats stable enough to provide feeding frenzy) while still having shit recovery/defense unless you run with bone offering - and that's absurdly annoying playing with sound on.

Guardian gets practical curse immunity thats worth more then ever.

Not easy indeed.
Last edited by Nephalon on Jul 22, 2021, 1:37:02 PM
"
Nephalon wrote:

unless you run with bone offering - and that's absurdly annoying playing with sound on.

Bold of you to think necromance gonna make any sounds. You will run out of mana on second spin because both desecrate and bone offering will now consume mana whien triggered.
Last edited by Fire_Archer on Jul 23, 2021, 2:07:47 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info