[Archived] Moosseolini's Holy Relics Guardian

Geofri's Legacy is an insane powerspike. Worth taking it before everything else.

I really dislike static strike.

Do you think I will hinder my Relic damage too much if I go with Cyclone with very low attack speed?

Last edited by KatKira on Jul 26, 2021, 10:43:24 AM
"
KatKira wrote:
Geofri's Legacy is an insane powerspike. Worth taking it before everything else.

I really dislike static strike.

Do you think I will hinder my Relic damage too much if I go with Cyclone with very low attack speed?

At worst you will half your damage if your attack speed is just over a multiple of the holy relic cd. Try to get close to a multiple of the holy relic cd to preserve as much damage as possible.

I would definitely swap to cyclone if you dislike static strike.
I see. What do I look for in PoB exactly to see what will happen with cyclone?
"
KatKira wrote:
I see. What do I look for in PoB exactly to see what will happen with cyclone?

Look for "skill cooldown" of SHR. With normal (i.e. non Divergent) SHR and a 20% Geofri's, it should be 0.4, but Geofri's cooldown recover changes this number. Let's call that number X. You need to calculate 1/X, and let's call this Y.
Next, swap skill and select cyclone. You will get a number for "attack rate". You want that number as close as possible to multiples of Y: so Y (which is near impossible to get), 2Y, 3Y, etc. You must NOT go over that number!

For example, if you SHR skill cooldown is 0.4, Y= 1/0.4 = 2.5; so, cyclone attack rate should be slightly lower than 2.5, 5, 7.5, etc. It is really important to not go above those thresholds: if your attack rate is 5.01 instead of 4.99, you do A LOT less damage!
If I my attack rate is 5.89, and one multiple of my number is 6.97? That is the 3Y. 2Y is way lower.

Will this be too crippling in your opinion?

Some further info:
With a lvl 1 faster attacks in my cyclone setup, I get an attack rate of 7.19. The closest multiple is 6.97.
With a lvl 1 pulverize, I get an attack rate of 5.01. The closest multiple is 4.65.

Last edited by KatKira on Jul 26, 2021, 11:52:20 AM
"
KatKira wrote:
If I my attack rate is 5.89, and one multiple of my number is 6.97? That is the 3Y. 2Y is way lower.

Will this be too crippling in your opinion?

Some further info:
With a lvl 1 faster attacks in my cyclone setup, I get an attack rate of 7.19. The closest multiple is 6.97.
With a lvl 1 pulverize, I get an attack rate of 5.01. The closest multiple is 4.65.

You can try getting a couple of attack speed nodes (the ones around Precision) to increase the attack rate and get it closer to 6.97. Another option is to get a better Geofri's, with a cooldown reduction as close to 20% as possible. Or you can change weapon with a slower one: cyclone is lvl 1 anyway, we are not using it for damage at all, we are just looking for auxiliary bonuses (+1 to spell gems, resists, life/mana on hit, and correct attack speed). In general, you can and should adjust your attack speed when you change gear.
(different person here) so I have a div holy relic, so pob puts my cd at .33. If this is the case my attack rate should be around 3.03, or if higher need to be 6.06? Am I taking this the right way?
"
(different person here) so I have a div holy relic, so pob puts my cd at .33. If this is the case my attack rate should be around 3.03, or if higher need to be 6.06? Am I taking this the right way?

Yeah. And since with Cyclone is basically impossible to get to 3.03, you are aiming for 6.06, WITHOUT going over that number.
"
Yeah. And since with Cyclone is basically impossible to get to 3.03, you are aiming for 6.06, WITHOUT going over that number.

ugh, what I was afraid of. Thank you.

How far away from a breakpoint is bad? I've gotten to t16s on (after putitng into pob) a pretty bad breakpoint (like 4.15). I can't really improve it to 6 until I link up my next wep,
Last edited by thewelcomematt on Jul 27, 2021, 6:50:23 AM
"
"

ugh, what I was afraid of. Thank you.

How far away from a breakpoint is bad? I've gotten to t16s on (after putitng into pob) a pretty bad breakpoint (like 4.15). I can't really improve it to 6 until I link up my next wep,

As a ballpark estimate, you're doing about 35% less damage compared to an optimized trigger speed. The gain of an optimized speed is actually substantial. You should consider grabbing the 3 nodes around Precision (including the notable), the damage boost you will get by having proper trigger speed is higher than with any other nodes.
Last edited by Teschioz on Jul 27, 2021, 8:42:05 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info