[Archived] Moosseolini's Holy Relics Guardian

I managed to get my attack speed to 6.95 which is the closest I could get. However I am not satisfied with the build at this point. It died too much even in white maps and I just can't farm currency properly.

I am ditching it for now. Thanks for all your answers everyone.
"
KatKira wrote:
I managed to get my attack speed to 6.95 which is the closest I could get. However I am not satisfied with the build at this point. It died too much even in white maps and I just can't farm currency properly.

Just looking at your items and link setup I'm literally shocked you even got past act 4.

I fucking almost choked and died here at work. Thanks brother! <3
Last edited by Hugsforpeace on Jul 28, 2021, 9:32:41 AM
"
Wyra wrote:
"
KatKira wrote:

Just looking at your items and link setup I'm literally shocked you even got past act 4.

Should have farmed for currency in act 3 to get better items, you are right.
First of all, thanks for the guide!

I've been playing this build as my league starter and although I've died quite a bit to get to tier 14+ maps, I have to say that it indeed does as advertised "gets you to red maps for under 1ex".

However, for tier 14-16, it feels really clunky to play, especially when maps have anything related to cold stuff. As soon as I get slowed down, It feels like I am dead no matter what. How do you guys approach ailment immunity? (If at all?)

Also, I feel like I lack a lot of DPS in bosses, especially those where you cannot really have good upkeep for static strike (eg Veritana). Which upgrade should I look for? Empower? 6L? Clusters?

If someone could take a look at my character, I'd appreciate it quite a lot.

Thanks.
You deal at least 30% more damage with another link. It's so obvious.
Last edited by AsceticPOE on Jul 29, 2021, 3:06:00 PM
"
guifiusa wrote:

I've been playing this build as my league starter and although I've died quite a bit to get to tier 14+ maps, I have to say that it indeed does as advertised "gets you to red maps for under 1ex".

However, for tier 14-16, it feels really clunky to play, especially when maps have anything related to cold stuff. As soon as I get slowed down, It feels like I am dead no matter what. How do you guys approach ailment immunity? (If at all?)

Also, I feel like I lack a lot of DPS in bosses, especially those where you cannot really have good upkeep for static strike (eg Veritana). Which upgrade should I look for? Empower? 6L? Clusters?

Thanks.

6L with Empower will boost damage a lot, as well as upgrade the Helmet. Other than that, getting Cluster jewels with 10% minion dmg and Feasting field also help a lot as well as getting Fortress Covenant. Lastly will be getting the can have 2 modiffier from the Pale Council and + 2 support gems socketed from Catarina. This build really struggle if you can't get near to the boss enough, ngl.
"
guifiusa wrote:

Thanks.

Others above have stated some good advice already, so I'll just add to that.

Freeze is pretty annoying to deal with this league because of the flask changes this league. Despite this, you'll still want to have a flask 'of Heat' to use when frozen/chilled. For a band-aid fix, you can get yourself the 'Dream Fragments' unique ring. You can also get a modifier on boots that grants 'Cannot be Frozen' as a veiled modifier I think.

Some bosses like Veritania are just generally hard to deal with due to not being able to keep in their face very easily. Increasing damage output with better links/gear/gems is probably the preferred way of going about it.
Great and detailed guide, gave me a lot to think about. Thanks for your work Moosseolini!

I am new to the game and don't understand the mechanic behind the attack rate part but I did the math. So currently my relic has a 0.4 cooldown. 3/0.4 = 7.5 is the closest to my current cyclone attack rate, which is 7.86. Its over 7.5 so is it bad?

I am planning to get a divergent Holy Relic gem and maybe an elder glove with faster attack support also. Can someone explain me why its important to align the cooldown with the attack rate? I mean like what is the mechanic behind it? Its probably already explained I just didn't seem to find it.
"
Fenris1970 wrote:
Great and detailed guide, gave me a lot to think about. Thanks for your work Moosseolini!

I am new to the game and don't understand the mechanic behind the attack rate part but I did the math. So currently my relic has a 0.4 cooldown. 3/0.4 = 7.5 is the closest to my current cyclone attack rate, which is 7.86. Its over 7.5 so is it bad?

I am planning to get a divergent Holy Relic gem and maybe an elder glove with faster attack support also. Can someone explain me why its important to align the cooldown with the attack rate? I mean like what is the mechanic behind it? Its probably already explained I just didn't seem to find it.

The holy relics have a cooldown of 0.4 seconds. What this means is that, when you attack an enemy, and it has been longer than 0.4 seconds since the last nova, the relics will fire their nova.

The reason it's bad to have an attack rate higher than the cooldown is because you are then hitting too fast to efficiently trigger the relic nova, therefore you are losing DPS.

For example, if you have an attack rate of 3, this means that you are hitting every 1/3 = 0.33 seconds. Let's assume a holy relic cooldown of 0.4 seconds. Your first attack happens at 0 seconds and triggers the relic nova. Your second attack happens at 0.33 seconds and doesn't trigger the relic nova because it's still on cooldown. Your third attack happens at 0.66 seconds and triggers the nova. What this means is that we are triggering the relic nova much later than it otherwise could be triggered with optimal attack speed, and so we do about 0.4/0.67 = 0.6 = 60% of the DPS.
Last edited by Moosseolini on Jul 30, 2021, 5:19:34 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info