[Archived] Moosseolini's Holy Relics Guardian

Thanks for the great guide! I just did my first Sirus kill this league! This is one of the smoothest league starters I've played so far.

I'm running a slight variation in the gear department, which was born from the fact that I still can't afford a 6L femurs:

I'm running a 6L chest (Tabula Rasa), a +1 int gem dagger and a shield. I'm aware that this is not the endgame setup and running Kaom's would mean that I'd have more life than my current 5.1k. I've picked up some block nodes and my shield has "recover 5% of life on block" - this is one of the defensive mechanics I've picked up from the gladiators I'm usually playing. It's not a long term solution (since you eventually want the levels from the 6L and the life from the chest), but I like it as a budget/transitory solution which I prefer over dual wielding weapons.

Currently, I have glancing blows allocated, but considering Bastion of Hope's bonus to attack block, this is essentially only an increase of spell block (I'm looking at 32% in hideout without flame dashing).

Also, I've picked up The Stampede and am running Cyclone for maps and bosses.
Last edited by HatMatter on Aug 12, 2021, 12:23:53 PM
Hi my relics die to ignites from Elder Guardian or Uber Atziri, any suggestions?
Are they res capped? Relics begin with 40% ele res, you need 3 jewels with "minions have +12% to all ele res" to cap them (or some nodes if you want, but they are not optimal). It helps a lot with their survivability.
"
KIchigo wrote:
Hi my relics die to ignites from Elder Guardian or Uber Atziri, any suggestions?

Ignite deals fire damage, so we can mitigate it with minion elemental resistances. See if you can get some minion elemental resistance (on cobalt jewels is a good place to look) to reach the cap of 75%.

Minion life is also a good stat to get, as is minion leech if you don't have it already.

Getting more gem levels on Summon Holy Relic will also massively scale their HP, so that's another stat you could try to improve, maybe with an Empower gem or a Hunter amulet.

Finally, you can consider replacing the minion damage support gem with meat shield, as this should significantly improve the tankiness of your relics, though it comes at the cost of damage.
Last edited by Moosseolini on Aug 15, 2021, 6:47:09 PM
I'm missing something or doing it wrong. I keep dying to stuff and I am not sure what. T10/T11 map bosses kill me. I had to switch to cyclone as static strike seemed too slow. Veritana (sp?) one shots me. Trying to respawn the fight now, but having map issues. anyone have any suggestions? Other than 'learn to git gud?'
"
Snow_leopardd wrote:
I'm missing something or doing it wrong. I keep dying to stuff and I am not sure what. T10/T11 map bosses kill me. I had to switch to cyclone as static strike seemed too slow. Veritana (sp?) one shots me. Trying to respawn the fight now, but having map issues. anyone have any suggestions? Other than 'learn to git gud?'

I see that your character is level 75ish?
Your survivability goes up a ton when you do Uber Lab and are able to spec into Bastion of Hope. Same thing with speccing into Steelwood Stance. Also, get rid of Cleaving allocation on your amulet and switch to Enigmatic Defence.
Those 3 things will improve survivability quite a bit and are essential.
Thanks for the reply. The anoint if left over from when I bought the amulet, I will look to change it. Good to know about the Uber lab. I can hope I can find the last trial I need. Hopefully those will help.
I did some experimenting, replacing a lvl 21 SHR with a lvl 20 divergent one (I've been trying to corrupt it to 21 in the temple for a while, no luck for now), and replacing minion damage with enhance. Llv 3 enhance is enough, it still gets me the cap (0.23 relic cast rate). The relics do less damage per hit, sure, but they hit far more often, overall they do a bit more (I calculated 3.4% more damage) AND I got rid of minion damage that lowered their life, so that even with a lvl 20 SHR they are tankier than before. And things will only get better once I finally get a lvl 21 gem. I also don't need attack speed anywhere, a 5% from a jewel gets me to 4.33 attack rate, and the relics proc 4.34 times a second. This gives me flexibility with gear, so I could easily max my resist while running Stampede. I'm still working on my gear (not a lot of time to play, unfortunately), but I took down A7 Sirus with it.

Overall this is a very smooth build with a relaxing playstyle, and curse immunity is a great QoL feature for this patch...
Last edited by Teschioz on Aug 23, 2021, 2:19:15 AM
Is it generally better to have a 21/0 Holy Relic over a 20/20 divergent one (corrupted) or is it more like a case by case thing?
It depends on the attack rate that you can reach. If you just get a divergent SHR, without Enhance, you will get higher damage even at lvl 20, BUT reaching optimal attack speed can be much more complicated. If you don't, damage will be lower. You will need A LOT of attack speed to proc relics at optimum intervals. If however you swap minion damage for enhance, even at lvl 3, you can have tankier relics, slightly more damage, and optimizing attack speed is super easy. At least, that's the conclusion I came out with after a lot of experimenting.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info