[Archived] Moosseolini's Holy Relics Guardian

Thank you for the explanation!
Hey, thanks for the nice guide! I'm levelling using it and having a lot of fun.

I am wondering about the aura setup: Generosity seems only to be interacting with Zealotry & War Banner, but not with Pride (since the latter doesnt have a componen which affects us or our allies)

For War Banner: Will Generosity also buff the effect onto the Enemies?

For Zealotry, it seems like it's only an effective 16% more Damage boost (it was probably more before the Consecrated Ground nerf) - are there maybe other ways to boost our Relic's damage for 50% mana reserved?
I could be way off on this but I believe the quality bonus on Generosity (Supported Skills have 2% increased Aura Area of Effect) still effects Pride despite the gem itself not effecting it.
Last edited by Fenris1970 on Aug 1, 2021, 2:50:25 PM
"
HatMatter wrote:
Hey, thanks for the nice guide! I'm levelling using it and having a lot of fun.

I am wondering about the aura setup: Generosity seems only to be interacting with Zealotry & War Banner, but not with Pride (since the latter doesnt have a componen which affects us or our allies)

For War Banner: Will Generosity also buff the effect onto the Enemies?

For Zealotry, it seems like it's only an effective 16% more Damage boost (it was probably more before the Consecrated Ground nerf) - are there maybe other ways to boost our Relic's damage for 50% mana reserved?

Yeah, Pride can be unlinked, Generosity does nothing to it (nothing good, but nothing bad either, since it has no mana multiplier).

Yes, Generosity specifically increases the part of War Banner that affects enemies. It's the reason to run it in this build.

I can't think of a lot of other auras that boosts damage for this build, unfortunately. Aspect of the Spider can be a viable option for single target, or even Flesh and Stone (either for damage or survivability). Zealotry can be unlinked (so it affects you) if you have a Watcher's Eye with "Consecrated Ground you create while affected by Zealotry causes enemies to take X% increased damage". Not a huge boost, but it also allows you to create consecrated ground more easily (you hit quite frequently with Cyclone).

"
Fenris1970 wrote:
I could be way off on this but I believe the quality bonus on Generosity (Supported Skills have 2% increased Aura Area of Effect) still effects Pride despite the gem itself not effecting it.

It shouldn't. Generosity specifically can't support auras that only affect enemies, and Pride fits the description. So, not even its quality affects Pride.
Last edited by Teschioz on Aug 2, 2021, 6:52:41 PM
I have to say, I'm still working on chaos res, but if I can manage to cap it without my boots, I would DEFINITELY keep using The Stampede. While cycloning we are faster than we are with a quicksilver's of adrenaline (we were faster before the nerfs too), so no need to run that flask and can instead use more defensive options, and don't depend on flask uptime for speed. Hell, I don't even move without cycloning anymore, it's RMB only for me unless I have to pick up items! The cdr for flame dash is very nice as well. We also ignore those pesky ground effects like tar, that bog you down. The anointment somewhat compensates for the loss of life too. The only other option I would really consider for boots would be immunity to freeze and chill, and even then I might be quite torn between the two. Considering the very low cost, I think they are a very nice option, especially after the nerfs to flasks.
Hello,

I'm struggling with Awakening 4 bosses. It takes way too long for them to die so I'm having to deal with 0 flask charges and using 4-5 portals per fight. I think I just need a higher level empower + Divine flesh but both are too expensive at the moment.

Not really sure what I can upgrade on my gear. (I know I don't have Elder Gloves with Faster Attacks yet but that doesn't increase minion damage anyway)

My current gear:
Spoiler
"
Erichan wrote:
Hello,

I'm struggling with Awakening 4 bosses. It takes way too long for them to die so I'm having to deal with 0 flask charges and using 4-5 portals per fight. I think I just need a higher level empower + Divine flesh but both are too expensive at the moment.

Not really sure what I can upgrade on my gear. (I know I don't have Elder Gloves with Faster Attacks yet but that doesn't increase minion damage anyway)

My current gear:
Spoiler

I think a good intermediate upgrade for you may be a lvl 21 summon holy relic, and maybe a corrupted lvl 3 empower.
I'm getting mixed signals from PoB and the wiki on the cooldown of the nova spell. Maybe someone can enlighten me how to read that correctly (in order to optimize the cyclone attack speed).

Edit:

Does Geofri's Legacy make the Relic proc its nova slower?
Last edited by HatMatter on Aug 4, 2021, 4:41:26 AM
"
HatMatter wrote:
I'm getting mixed signals from PoB and the wiki on the cooldown of the nova spell. Maybe someone can enlighten me how to read that correctly (in order to optimize the cyclone attack speed).

Edit:

The default cooldown of the Summon Holy Relic's nova skill is 0.3 seconds.

Geofri's legacy has a modifier on it that reads "Summoned Holy Relics have 20-25% reduced Cooldown Recovery Speed". This mod increases the nova cooldown to somewhere between 0.3/0.8 = 0.375s and 0.3/0.75 = 0.4s.

After we have the modified cooldown, it also needs to be rounded to the nearest server tick (the server ticks at intervals of 0.033 seconds). So for the cooldown of 0.375s, it will be rounded up to 0.396s, as this is the next nearest multiple of 0.033s.

PoB calculates all of the above for us and rounds the cooldown up to the nearest tick, so you can just trust the value that PoB gives you for the relic cooldown.
"
Moosseolini wrote:
"
HatMatter wrote:

Edit:

The default cooldown of the Summon Holy Relic's nova skill is 0.3 seconds.

Geofri's legacy has a modifier on it that reads "Summoned Holy Relics have 20-25% reduced Cooldown Recovery Speed". This mod increases the nova cooldown to somewhere between 0.3/0.8 = 0.375s and 0.3/0.75 = 0.4s.

After we have the modified cooldown, it also needs to be rounded to the nearest server tick (the server ticks at intervals of 0.033 seconds). So for the cooldown of 0.375s, it will be rounded up to 0.396s, as this is the next nearest multiple of 0.033s.

PoB calculates all of the above for us and rounds the cooldown up to the nearest tick, so you can just trust the value that PoB gives you for the relic cooldown.

Thank you for your explanation! It seems like PoB starts with an unmodified cooldown of 0.33s, but I get your explanation. PoB shows a cooldown of 0.4s unless you have a 25% roll on your Legacy, in which case it's slightly longer.

I toyed around with attack speed calculations for cyclone and I came to a rephrasing of your FAQ entry which benefits from not needing to calculate 1/C. The following is not new, but just a different look at the maths lined out in the FAQ.

1. Take the cooldown of HR (per PoB, as explained by you above). In most cases, this will be 0.4s.
2. Have a look at your attack duration (how long it takes to make a single attack). For cyclone, this will be a number in the range of 0.1s and 0.3s.
3. Aim to optimize your attack duration in a way that adding up multiple instances of the attack duration are as close to, but above, the HR cooldown. This is what I'd call the "effective cooldown", which is the time between two relic activations with our attack. For example: With an attack duration of 0.21, our effective cooldown is 0.21 + 0.21 = 0.42, which is just above 0.4 - that's good since we only get 0.02s of cooldown waiting time, where HR is off timer and waiting to proc. On the other hand with an attack duration of 0.3, we have 0.3 + 0.3 = 0.6, which is a bad number since our cooldown waiting time is a whopping 0.2s. Optimizing the attack speed is the minigame of making the waiting time as small as possible and thus the effective cooldown as close to the HR cooldown.
4. In order to calculate the effective DPS of HR, we need to divide the "Average Damage" number in POB (which is per hit) and divide that by our effective cooldown. E.g. an average hit of 100k with an effective cooldown of 0.42 translates to 238k DPS.
Last edited by HatMatter on Aug 4, 2021, 10:20:37 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info