[3.13 UPDATED] gr0bbs | Poison Blade Vortex | Budget Viable | Endgame 50Mil+ DPS | Video Guide

I'm trying this char for next league. Damage is amazing but just so squishy. I mean one touch from Artizi and i'm dead :(. I'm not a god gamer, my reflexion isn't good to dodge all. Is there any thing that can upgrade the survivalbility considerably?
I played a couple of leagues with this build, slightly changing it for myself, but I can't understand why I'm using Blood Rage here, can anyone explain please? I collect stacks of Frenze Charges either from the Corrupt or from other things. I apologize in advance if something is not written correctly, I use a translator.
@Blood Rage
You use it only for map clear for the frenzy charges. Each frenzy charge gives you 4% MORE Damage.

@expensive build
Why would it be that much more expensive in the upcoming league?
- Devouring Diadem will be ~4 to 5ex on day 3, and down to 1ex at the end of the first league - just like this and last league.
- Asenath will be ~5 to 7 ex on the first week, slowly dropping on week 2
- The mechanic behind spawning a Delirium mirror in a map won't be changed as far as we know. So cluster jewels will be as rare as in Harvest, and cost 1-4ex each, depending which and when you buy. Sure, you were able to harvest-craft some of them. But it wasn't THAT much cheaper than just alt-spamming them

"
I mean one touch from Artizi and i'm dead

Atziri or Uber-Atziri, and with normal BV or Vaal BV? Also, the Queen herself or the mirrors? Aziri has a base damage reflect built in (a few percent), and her mirror images reflect different damage types too (DON'T use Vaal BV in mirror phase... it rips you every time). The mirror with the purple bracelet is always a safe bet.

There are a few changes you can make to get more survivability, but you'll be sacrificing quite some damage for it.

@league start
i do it kinda like tffiad already mentionned. I use either Dual-obliteration for mapping (even in mid tier red maps on the first week) or Binos + CIP, and switch to my second weapon-setup with Dual-CIP for map bosses / Sirus. Depending on when i feel the need for an upgrade - weapon slots always had lowest upgrade priority the last two leagues. I prefer CIP + Binos when i start with red maps, depending on how much a CIP costs at that point.
I always go for Diadem first. If you powerlevel on day one and know how to get currency, 5ex on the beginning of day 3 should easily be doable and is totally worth it. Brings a lot of damage AND survivability and makes red maps pretty much a cakewalk.

Depending on how the Heist contracts and blueprints work, i'll maybe switch to my Budget Ranger Ngamahu-Speed Farmer (400%+ movement speed, T15 map cleared within 90sec, which means one Sirus-Kill every ~60 minutes) instead and use BV only for bossing and really high end content...
Last edited by HornedTerrorist on Sep 11, 2020, 4:37:46 PM
Hey all, this build will be updated here, on discord and on stream once we have notes/changes.

Keen to see what we can make happen next league, thank you all for playing/enjoying the build <3
(3.9) | Poison BV Assassin (Crush T15 Metamorphs on a budget)
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2714125

(3.9) | Burning Arrow Starter build
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2688339
"
Gr0bbs wrote:
Hey all, this build will be updated here, on discord and on stream once we have notes/changes.

Keen to see what we can make happen next league, thank you all for playing/enjoying the build <3

PERFECT CAN"T WAIT TO LEAGUE START THIS PRAY IT GETS PASSED PATCH NOTES
In Game Name: Fexun
Whats the best way to level this in a fresh league? using bv until you have a bino's and 2 ascendancies feels bad.
"
Fakquea wrote:
"
tffiad wrote:
"
Fakquea wrote:
I am also looking at playing this next league.

I downloaded the PoB to take a look, the level 100 tree is missing 33 points. Is that something I've done wrong at my end? Are they free points?

Sorry if this has been addressed already but, 300+ pages...

- Fak

use pob fork, allocate cluster setup in tree manually.

Thank you. I had to remake each Medium Cluster Jewel in PoB and now it works great. Looking forward to trying this build.

- Fak

Dont need to remake them. Just change the "5% to chaos damage overtime" to 4%.
"
I'm trying this char for next league. Damage is amazing but just so squishy. I mean one touch from Artizi and i'm dead :(. I'm not a god gamer, my reflexion isn't good to dodge all. Is there any thing that can upgrade the survivalbility considerably?

when i was playing that build, for surviving i used:

4x suging vitality jewels, cwdt + spell cascade + dececrate (to spawn corpses when i get hit). such cwdt setup fuels diadem with corpses so u restore hp from that also.

generally at mapping u realy mostly at high movespeed + having 50/50% dodge~ for bosses u can put vaal grace.

also some notes about:

technically u dont rly need asenath, it wasnt mandatory item even in derilium league where we had high amounts of mobs generated. explosive chest worked just fine for it and was at same price, and then got even cheaper.

for leagues where mob density is not as crazy as it was in derilium, having source of chain explosion is not rly mandatory.

2x obli is best option for mapping until u get ur dps. once u got it - CiP with bino will work fine, providing sustain + clear. when u got surging vitality + atziri flask (like u drop phasing one or life one), u can drop bino and go for 2x cip, that way u get massive dps increase, but losing sustain from bino, which u mitigating by 4x jewels + diadem + atziri flask leech.

if u are not going to push it that much then.. just run cip + bino and keep on swap cip+cip. and use 2x cip swap for bossing purpose only.

as someone asked about blood rage, its just easy frenzy charges, personally i didnt used that gem at all, and even at my endgame build, i didnt made any frenzy generation, reason is because its generally pointless when ur total dmg is about 55mil, i dont rly need extra dps while mapping, and upkeep frenzy charges for boss fights like sirus, will use some more complicated solutions.
Don't really understand the complete math behind the leech-mechanic and never felt the need to read more about it. But i think, even though we don't do that much direct damage, the Alternative Quality-Vaal BV with Life Leech should be enough, so we don't need Surging Vitality anymore.

"

technically u dont rly need asenath, it wasnt mandatory item even in derilium league where we had high amounts of mobs generated. explosive chest worked just fine for it and was at same price, and then got even cheaper.

True, but only to some part. I played Delirium league without Asenaths and Harvest with Asenath + Explosive Chest. Did a lot of mirrored 100% Delirious maps, and there was a big difference between having both explosive mods or only one. Asenath's are still cheaper than a 6-linked explosive chest, especially if you want a chest with good stats. On the other hand, on the big / difficult bosses like Sirus 8 or Aul, explosive mod doesn't do anything at all. And on normal mapping, one explosive mod is more than enough. The deeper you delve on the other hand, double explosive comes in pretty handy (~depth 700+). It all depends on what content you're doing and how much exalts you're ready to invest.

The good thing about this build is, that it is very flexible. You can play it with a pretty tight budget (obviously not from day 2 of the league, more like day 7) and you can invest dozens of exalt to reach insanely high numbers.

"
tffiad wrote:
"

when i was playing that build, for surviving i used:

4x suging vitality jewels, cwdt + spell cascade + dececrate (to spawn corpses when i get hit). such cwdt setup fuels diadem with corpses so u restore hp from that also.

generally at mapping u realy mostly at high movespeed + having 50/50% dodge~ for bosses u can put vaal grace.

Either this, or you can try the Apep's slumber self-poisoning version. You'll sacrifice a lot of damage for it, but it gives you a lot of survivability. The secret of that build is, that you use "The Golden rule" to self-poison yourself, Apep's slumber (NOT the upgraded Apep's Supremacy!!) as a shield and a Watcher's eye with the poison-immunity-mod while affected by malevolence. That WE may be a bit expensive, since it's the only item now that gives you poison immunity except for Maw of Conquest. But allin all, that combo gives you ~1k effective health.
You could also try to sacrifice a few dmg-nodes or cluster jewels to get down to Wind Dancer + Thick Skin.

I'm not a big fan of sacrificing dmg for survivability. We're not playing hardcore, and if i die once or twice in a really juiced up map or during a Sirus 8 fight, so be it. But there are some possibilites.
How far do you think the nerfs to Assassins Crit Ascension/nodes will gimp this bad boy? Was considering it for Heist league start, but now I'm not too sure...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info