[3.13 UPDATED] gr0bbs | Poison Blade Vortex | Budget Viable | Endgame 50Mil+ DPS | Video Guide

"
Gr0bbs wrote:

I'm min maxing the build at the moment and am EXTENSIVELY reworking the PoB and forum guide to be more accomodating of new players all the way into high high end gamers ;)

As far as that goes, I think weapons are the biggest upgrade that can be done relatively cheaply. I've had some luck fossil crafting Hunter Platinum Kris

are 14% and 18% more dps over Cold Point respectively (at the loss of one AoE radius due to gem level loss).

Rolls you're looking for (in order of DPS):

Prefixes:
60% chance for Poisons inflicted with this Weapon to deal 100% more Damage (key)
t1 chaos multi
+Spell Skill gems
t1 Hunter Poison Damage
Physical Spell Skill gems
t3 Hunter Poison Damage
crafted chaos multi
crafted increased chaos damage

Suffixes:
Damage on Full Life (assuming full life) = Malevolence Aura Effect = t1 DoT Multi
Hunter increased poison damage/poison on hit = t1 Global Crit Multi = t1 Crit for spells
crafted Global Crit Multi (crafted)
crafted Crit for spells (crafted)

Body armor is the other area of potential improvement. While the +2 gems corrupt (one or both) definitely are tops for DPS, as mentioned elsewhere, Cherrubim's is probably the best option for a blend of damage, defense and life, though I've had luck with buying gem corrupted chests and recoloring them (after having zero luck corrupting cheap 6Ls myself)

As for the tree, I like the defensive tree better, but I drop the pathing to Melding and the Profane Chemistry nodes for Thick Skin/Toxic Strikes and Doom Cast. I also dropped the extra Frenzy charges and the jewel node near the top frenzy charge, but that's more personal preference. All that gives me 14% more life at the cost of 4% damage in my gear versus the Damage tree.

Really enjoy the build! Thanks a lot!
"
I'm min maxing the build at the moment and am EXTENSIVELY reworking the PoB and forum guide to be more accomodating of new players all the way into high high end gamers ;)

hey! first of all thx for thew guide
do you think the POB rework will be done by friday? because i want to start this char on friday and im kinda noob and need all your wisdom :-)

and i watched your stream yesterday but didnt see the current items you used - can you show them the next time

"
lucianlrv wrote:
I'm wondering why nobody mentions Kintsugi as a alternative for a more survability build. I know it is a little costly (6L around 3ex today), but it gives lots of evasion, decent life, a little bit of fire resist as a bonus and most important, these two defensive stats:

20% less Damage taken if you have not been Hit Recently
50% increased Evasion Rating if you have been Hit Recently

The chest could also replaced by Brutal Restraint with Deshret, it gives the same effect, besides, it gives you some benefit from passive tree.

"
Heracleitus wrote:

As far as that goes, I think weapons are the biggest upgrade that can be done relatively cheaply. I've had some luck fossil crafting Hunter Platinum Kris

First, the mod "60% chance for Poisons inflicted with this Weapon to deal 100% more Damage" grants no damage to BV. It has to be an attack skill to benefit from the mod.

Maybe crafted bow is better than dual crafted dagger

It grants you chance to poison so that we could use empower instead of poison, also chaos damage overtime multiplier is a great mod. Besides, curse with hit and gems level are huge boost to damage. Quiver also provides life and some damage nodes.

With bow+quiver, we got 2 6-link, BV on the bow, and I put temporal chains, empower, enhance, blasphemy, and withering step on the chest(would replaced flame dash by plague bearer after getting correct color socketes.
"
cytpress wrote:

First, the mod "60% chance for Poisons inflicted with this Weapon to deal 100% more Damage" grants no damage to BV. It has to be an attack skill to benefit from the mod.

It grants you chance to poison so that we could use empower instead of poison, also chaos damage overtime multiplier is a great mod. Besides, curse with hit and gems level are huge boost to damage. Quiver also provides life and some damage nodes.

With bow+quiver, we got 2 6-link, BV on the bow, and I put temporal chains, empower, enhance, blasphemy, and withering step on the chest(would replaced flame dash by plague bearer after getting correct color socketes.

Crap, based on the wording, I assume you're correct - must be an oversight in PoB. That being said, I couldn't model a perfect box/quiver combo that outperformed dual Cold Points by more than 4.5%, whereas equivalently perfect daggers without the bugged mod still represented an 80% dps increase (as opposed to 124% with the bugged ones).

While it would be harder to roll a dagger better than Cold Point, it could also be significantly cheaper, as Corroded wouldn't be necessary, so you could single roll Abberants or do Abberant+Aetheric to lessen the odds of Attack mods and increase the odds for gems and spell crit.

Despair on hit is an interesting idea and can also be rolled on daggers. You'd no longer need to use Impresence - you'd lose the defense of Maddening Presence and about 5% dps, but a good rare could make up for that and would free up two gem slots to be used for something else (assuming you use Aseneth's still - looks like you don't and then you'd need those slots for Temp Chains-Blasphemy).

I don't really see the value (yet) in a second 6L (and it looks like your chest works more like a 4-1-1 anyway). I like your train of thought though.

Edit: plus Flame Dash is a big downgrade from Whirling Blades+Fortify.
Last edited by Heracleitus on Jan 22, 2020, 7:19:42 PM
Noob question, but do you use two Bino's or one bino's and a cold iron? So far loving the build, just hope I put the points in at the right leveling spot.
"
Heracleitus wrote:
"
cytpress wrote:

Crap, based on the wording, I assume you're correct - must be an oversight in PoB. That being said, I couldn't model a perfect box/quiver combo that outperformed dual Cold Points by more than 4.5%, whereas equivalently perfect daggers without the bugged mod still represented an 80% dps increase (as opposed to 124% with the bugged ones).

While it would be harder to roll a dagger better than Cold Point, it could also be significantly cheaper, as Corroded wouldn't be necessary, so you could single roll Abberants or do Abberant+Aetheric to lessen the odds of Attack mods and increase the odds for gems and spell crit.

In fact, I didn't check the DPS after I switched to bow+quiver. Maybe the damage boost isn't that high compared with dual cold iron, but I do get a lot HP from quiver.

I agree with you that dual crafted dagger has higher damage than bow+quiver, but the cost would go much higher than bow+quiver, because the weight of "+1 to Level of all Physical Spell Skill Gems" and "+1 to Level of all Spell Skill Gems" are too low(one is 200 and the other one is 50). On the contrary, to craft a bow with the mods I have is easier.

Plague Bearer, Temporal Chains, Withering Step could benefit from empower and enhance, that's why I link them on the chest.

The reason I use Flame Dash instead of Whirling Blades combo is that I have no survivability issue and lack of gem slots. Also, most of the time I'm walking instead of using movement skill. I would use movement skill only when I need to get through obstacle and some boss fight.

By the way, I don't know which is better, Aseneth's or explode chest to max the clearing speed. Perhaps Impresence+Aseneth's is the best choice? Anyway, I still enjoy Shaper's Presence which makes my finger more comfortable.

Anyway, much thanks to your reply for testing the damage on PoB. And sorry for my poor English.

"
Heracleitus wrote:
"
Gr0bbs wrote:

are 14% and 18% more dps over Cold Point respectively (at the loss of one AoE radius due to gem level loss).

Rolls you're looking for (in order of DPS):

Prefixes:
60% chance for Poisons inflicted with this Weapon to deal 100% more Damage (key)
t1 chaos multi
+Spell Skill gems
t1 Hunter Poison Damage
Physical Spell Skill gems
t3 Hunter Poison Damage
crafted chaos multi
crafted increased chaos damage

Suffixes:
Damage on Full Life (assuming full life) = Malevolence Aura Effect = t1 DoT Multi
Hunter increased poison damage/poison on hit = t1 Global Crit Multi = t1 Crit for spells
crafted Global Crit Multi (crafted)
crafted Crit for spells (crafted)

Body armor is the other area of potential improvement. While the +2 gems corrupt (one or both) definitely are tops for DPS, as mentioned elsewhere, Cherrubim's is probably the best option for a blend of damage, defense and life, though I've had luck with buying gem corrupted chests and recoloring them (after having zero luck corrupting cheap 6Ls myself)

As for the tree, I like the defensive tree better, but I drop the pathing to Melding and the Profane Chemistry nodes for Thick Skin/Toxic Strikes and Doom Cast. I also dropped the extra Frenzy charges and the jewel node near the top frenzy charge, but that's more personal preference. All that gives me 14% more life at the cost of 4% damage in my gear versus the Damage tree.

Really enjoy the build! Thanks a lot!

Thanks for your response, However, there is no better option for cost/dmg effectiveness than cold iron points, especially when they have the damage over time corruption :)

As for the chest, My new video and PoB is out now, explains the choices i've made to get to 5k+ health and more survivability, while maintaining huge DPS.

"
Onodera1 wrote:
Noob question, but do you use two Bino's or one bino's and a cold iron? So far loving the build, just hope I put the points in at the right leveling spot.

Not a noob question at all bro :) Use one bino's one cold iron until you have Asenaths gloves (they help us clear with explosions) Once you have the gloves, swap to 2x Cold iron point
(3.9) | Poison BV Assassin (Crush T15 Metamorphs on a budget)
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2714125

(3.9) | Burning Arrow Starter build
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2688339
So I did something really stupid and un-built my BV Assassin to make an ED Trickster for Legion monolith farming...

*sigh*

Suffice to say it would cost a stupid amount of Ex to make this ED trickster as good at the legion encounters as BV. Yes ED has better clear on the mobs but it really doesnt seem to break out generals well enough and you need to do 100% damage to the generals to profit because they will drop more splinters the more damage you do to them.

SO IT'S BACK TO POISON BV FOR ME!

Now, I'd like to crowd source some build theorycrafting!

I want to change this build to maximize it for Legion encounters. The build has great move speed and great clear speed, I'm looking to add 2 things; great off-screen clearing mostly and if possible a little more single target burst.

Rationale is that the build needs to be able to clear the legion mobs off screen a little better to maximize legion profits. You can get pretty close to killing all mobs by running in a circle but i really wanna prioritize the generals and just know that the other mobs are taken care of, for this reason I think we gotta keep a Bino's in my build.

I'm thinking of maybe swapping out Dendrobate which I used previously for either a Sporeguard or a Carcass Jack, does anyone use either of these and how do you feel about them?

I'm also trying to figure out if I want the Fenumus' Aspect of the Spider for ST damage, or Asenath's explodey-ness. Thoughts?

And ideas anyone has as to how to maximize the effectiveness of this build in a Legion encounter please let me know, I'd love to hear suggestions as I really don't know all the uniques in the game and what could be a good choice to swap in and out.
So I'm looking at the updated gear choices for this build and I have a few thoughts.

Assuming you have Asneth's and Whisper of Doom annointment already I'm not sure how much better a rare body is over Sporeguard. First let's look at cost. Sporeguard 6l runs about 4ex. A rare body with explodes and additional curse is about 7ex.

But the annointment already covers the additional curse and you can still gain corruption on annointing the body instead of an amulet. While Asneth's gains you corpse explosion.

To get life on the rare you'd either have to buy one for 7ex and then annul one of the prefix and risk losing explosion or curse or buy one that has an empty prefix already which the cheapest is 10ex. You could also buy a rare and then try and orb it to get those mods but that's a lot of RNG to play with because you're looking for two separate ones.

Also Sporeguard gives you a huge chunk of armour and ES and if you have a 9-10% roll for the max life that's a nice size chunk of life.

So the way I'm looking at it is Sporeguard gives you a ton of armour and ES, 40-50 life (depending on roll), & chaos resist (doesn't mean as much if you're running Golden Rule & Cannot be Poisoned Watcher's Eye but still).

A rare 6l gives you extra resistances / stats / possibly ~85 life.

Both bodies provide you with the ability to run dual annointments, and give you a 2nd way to explode corpses that aren't really needed with your gloves anyway.

*IMO* I just don't see how a rare body is worth an extra 3-6ex for what amounts to maybe 80-100 extra life (if you account for hitting super lucky with a STR roll and life) or less if your rolls aren't lucky, extra resistances (we don't need), and extra stats.

The body I suppose would allow us to run different gloves if we really wanted but it's hard to justify NOT running Asneth's gloves.

I actually see a much close argument between Sporeguard and Cherrubim than Sporeguard and a corpose explode / curse body. Especially when you consider the price of Cherrubim. Or heck even Dendrobate gives us way more evasion & damage than a 6l with curse & explosion along with a ton of resistance.

Is it even worth worrying about running Corruption as an annointment when damage is the least of our worries and random 1 shots are the biggest issue?

*Edit*:

I went ahead and bought all 3 of the unique bodies discussed here and played around with all of them and it's a really hard argument to not go with either Dendrobate or Cherrubim. Sporeguard is nice for the 2nd annointment & it does give you some amount of damage reduction but it just feels like a DPS option over a defensive option so I don't really see why we would focus on more DPS with this build.

Going from Sporeguard to Cherrubim my damage reduction and evade % went from 11% & 6% to 8% & 33%. We aren't really focused on armour anyway since we lose half of it due to our skills. Even Dendrobate gives us ~25% to evade attacks while still having some nice dps buffs on it.

Someone will have to explain to me why Sporeguard because I'm not seeing it at this point.

Last edited by Mythrol1 on Jan 23, 2020, 2:03:45 PM
"
Mythrol1 wrote:
So I'm looking at the updated gear choices for this build and I have a few thoughts.

Assuming you have Asneth's and Whisper of Doom annointment already I'm not sure how much better a rare body is over Sporeguard. First let's look at cost. Sporeguard 6l runs about 4ex. A rare body with explodes and additional curse is about 7ex.

But the annointment already covers the additional curse and you can still gain corruption on annointing the body instead of an amulet. While Asneth's gains you corpse explosion.

To get life on the rare you'd either have to buy one for 7ex and then annul one of the prefix and risk losing explosion or curse or buy one that has an empty prefix already which the cheapest is 10ex. You could also buy a rare and then try and orb it to get those mods but that's a lot of RNG to play with because you're looking for two separate ones.

Also Sporeguard gives you a huge chunk of armour and ES and if you have a 9-10% roll for the max life that's a nice size chunk of life.

So the way I'm looking at it is Sporeguard gives you a ton of armour and ES, 40-50 life (depending on roll), & chaos resist (doesn't mean as much if you're running Golden Rule & Cannot be Poisoned Watcher's Eye but still).

A rare 6l gives you extra resistances / stats / possibly ~85 life.

Both bodies provide you with the ability to run dual annointments, and give you a 2nd way to explode corpses that aren't really needed with your gloves anyway.

*IMO* I just don't see how a rare body is worth an extra 3-6ex for what amounts to maybe 80-100 extra life (if you account for hitting super lucky with a STR roll and life) or less if your rolls aren't lucky, extra resistances (we don't need), and extra stats.

The body I suppose would allow us to run different gloves if we really wanted but it's hard to justify NOT running Asneth's gloves.

I actually see a much close argument between Sporeguard and Cherrubim than Sporeguard and a corpose explode / curse body. Especially when you consider the price of Cherrubim. Or heck even Dendrobate gives us way more evasion & damage than a 6l with curse & explosion along with a ton of resistance.

Is it even worth worrying about running Corruption as an annointment when damage is the least of our worries and random 1 shots are the biggest issue?

*Edit*:

I went ahead and bought all 3 of the unique bodies discussed here and played around with all of them and it's a really hard argument to not go with either Dendrobate or Cherrubim. Sporeguard is nice for the 2nd annointment & it does give you some amount of damage reduction but it just feels like a DPS option over a defensive option so I don't really see why we would focus on more DPS with this build.

Going from Sporeguard to Cherrubim my damage reduction and evade % went from 11% & 6% to 8% & 33%. We aren't really focused on armour anyway since we lose half of it due to our skills. Even Dendrobate gives us ~25% to evade attacks while still having some nice dps buffs on it.

Someone will have to explain to me why Sporeguard because I'm not seeing it at this point.

Thanks for your analysis Mythrol, admittedly a selfish question given my post above but how was Sporeguard for clear? Was it off-screening mobs and chaining at all?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info