[3.13 UPDATED] gr0bbs | Poison Blade Vortex | Budget Viable | Endgame 50Mil+ DPS | Video Guide

How are we generating frenzy charges with this build?
Last edited by Riversouls on Jan 20, 2020, 4:15:18 PM
"
ibims111 wrote:

Just had a short look to the jewel. Isnt the jewel killing us as we are not going CI (Shakari would solve that)?

I also think, that this build is not a Hoag build, like Mana Guardian is. This build uses the Hoag to get more dmg for BV. Hoag is not the dmg dealer in this build, whereas Mana Guardian is nothing without Hoag.

That's the questions that I'm wondering about. The jewel will drain some life but we have more than enough sustain that it shouldn't be a problem but I'm just not sure if it's worth it or not. Some people were talking about running dual CoN rings with this build so it had me wondering.

On an unrelated note according to POB Dendrobate gives you more dps than a +2 tabula as long as you hit the dex and int requirements on it.
Last edited by Mythrol1 on Jan 20, 2020, 9:46:08 PM
"
Mythrol1 wrote:
"
ibims111 wrote:

Just had a short look to the jewel. Isnt the jewel killing us as we are not going CI (Shakari would solve that)?

I also think, that this build is not a Hoag build, like Mana Guardian is. This build uses the Hoag to get more dmg for BV. Hoag is not the dmg dealer in this build, whereas Mana Guardian is nothing without Hoag.

That's the questions that I'm wondering about. The jewel will drain some life but we have more than enough sustain that it shouldn't be a problem but I'm just not sure if it's worth it or not. Some people were talking about running dual CoN rings with this build so it had me wondering.

On an unrelated note according to POB Dendrobate gives you more dps than a +2 tabula as long as you hit the dex and int requirements on it.

Thanks for all your input, in my experience survivability is no issue, the Golden rule wastes alot of potential HP/resists/regen/damage we could have on other jewels, and most of the time we have near max virulance stacks anyway :)

As for Dendrobate, I used a 6L dendrobate last night for a few hours to test, the damage isn't noticeable and the explosions aren't either. Asenaths gloves takes care of explosions for us completely and the Damage from dendrobate only applies when we are stationary really. I'm not running a Explody 6L chest with big life and can't notice any DPS loss. Sitting at 10M shaper DPS with 5K life, 70% evade, 75% spell and attack dodge.

I haven't died in 2 levels running fully sextanted Juiced t16 maps, conquerors and stuff :)
(3.9) | Poison BV Assassin (Crush T15 Metamorphs on a budget)
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2714125

(3.9) | Burning Arrow Starter build
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2688339
"
Gr0bbs wrote:

Thanks for all your input, in my experience survivability is no issue, the Golden rule wastes alot of potential HP/resists/regen/damage we could have on other jewels, and most of the time we have near max virulance stacks anyway :)

As for Dendrobate, I used a 6L dendrobate last night for a few hours to test, the damage isn't noticeable and the explosions aren't either. Asenaths gloves takes care of explosions for us completely and the Damage from dendrobate only applies when we are stationary really. I'm not running a Explody 6L chest with big life and can't notice any DPS loss. Sitting at 10M shaper DPS with 5K life, 70% evade, 75% spell and attack dodge.

I haven't died in 2 levels running fully sextanted Juiced t16 maps, conquerors and stuff :)

I'm almost at the point that the body doesn't really matter as long as you get a 6L because while Dendrobate is definitely a DPS buff, we are already clearing things so fast that it isn't noticeable. I will probably transition into a rare body that gives me more survivability. I do like Dendrobate over Tabula because of the resistance for running dual CoN and still having capped res.

I've taken this build into reds now and the damage is there basically for everything. This build is fun for blight maps too because it just destroy conga lines of monsters. You're probably right about The Golden Rule. We are so fast we basically outrun the crawler most of the time anyway. I wonder if running dual CoN is even worth it over 1 rare ring to get us more stats.

I also agree 100% that you only need one Cold Iron Point. Extra damage is about the last thing this build needs.

My biggest issue atm is just life total. I'm only sitting at 2.2k (level 76 so lots of hp nodes to get) and I just get random 1 shotted on reds. I've got withering step socketed in the build which helps with bosses but not being able to activate it and whirling blades around the map slows down mapping IMO so I typically don't use it except bosses / metas. I'm excited to see where how this build feels once I get into the 90s and have double the HP I do now.
Has anyone ever tried to switch BV to Cyclone? Just asking out of curiosity. I like the mobility of cyclone that allows to spin slowly around bosses avoiding damage with ease.
Has anyone ever tried to switch BV to Cyclone? Just asking out of curiosity. I like the mobility of cyclone that allows to spin slowly around bosses avoiding damage with ease.
"
Riversouls wrote:
How are we generating frenzy charges with this build?

Blood rage bro :)

"
Mythrol1 wrote:
"
Gr0bbs wrote:

I'm almost at the point that the body doesn't really matter as long as you get a 6L because while Dendrobate is definitely a DPS buff, we are already clearing things so fast that it isn't noticeable. I will probably transition into a rare body that gives me more survivability. I do like Dendrobate over Tabula because of the resistance for running dual CoN and still having capped res.

I've taken this build into reds now and the damage is there basically for everything. This build is fun for blight maps too because it just destroy conga lines of monsters. You're probably right about The Golden Rule. We are so fast we basically outrun the crawler most of the time anyway. I wonder if running dual CoN is even worth it over 1 rare ring to get us more stats.

I also agree 100% that you only need one Cold Iron Point. Extra damage is about the last thing this build needs.

My biggest issue atm is just life total. I'm only sitting at 2.2k (level 76 so lots of hp nodes to get) and I just get random 1 shotted on reds. I've got withering step socketed in the build which helps with bosses but not being able to activate it and whirling blades around the map slows down mapping IMO so I typically don't use it except bosses / metas. I'm excited to see where how this build feels once I get into the 90s and have double the HP I do now.

Absolutely agree on most, come by stream tonight (in about an hour) im explianing how i've fixed survivability. Im sitting at 5.1k life, 10M shaper DPS, game has become TRIVIAL.

"
Rhymzess wrote:

Cyclone wouldn't work for this build, we need fast hits stacking multiple poisons and then moving away :)
(3.9) | Poison BV Assassin (Crush T15 Metamorphs on a budget)
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2714125

(3.9) | Burning Arrow Starter build
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2688339

Thats my setup. Sitting at 4,7 hp. Everything melts in seconds.
Aah, Cherubims Malificence, with all the talk about dendrobate, I was wondering why nobody was talking about the big fat evasion with lots of extra chaos damage from that with this build.

Yeah spelled it totallywrong, you know what I mean, it has weird spelling.
Last edited by RubikMonat on Jan 21, 2020, 9:08:19 AM
Highly recommend Golden rule combined with an unaffected by poison watchers eye with malevolence. Quite cheap for just that mod alone. I feel like a lot of people are sleeping on how amazing plague bearer is with Golden rule. I rarely even cast more than 3 stacks of BV to proc about 1.3M value of plague bearer and then zoom zoom on t16s. Rinse and repeat while everything explodes.

Tried cyclone, felt bad.

Pantheon won't work also. Can't be immune to build up those stacks, just unaffected. Plague bearer is the best part of this build imo

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info