Content Update 3.9.0 -- Path of Exile: Conquerors of the Atlas

"
Tsaar wrote:
"

So you want a real argument? How about: "Grinding" for a 6 link armor sucks because repeatetly using fusings on it until it makes pong is boring mind numbing bullshit which was never fun for the majority and only acceptable when successfull. I heard horrorstorys of bad luck 3000 fusing later and higher. Cancer like this must not be adored, even if its "bad" luck.

The point is: A majority of those who stop playing because of shitty RNG does not bother joining this forum or reddit and leave their opinion.
the majority just uninstalls the game and searches for another one without anyone noticing it.
And I can tell you there is a bunch of people hating the fact that so much in this game is behind rng, even the full experience of your build.

Yeah there's horrorstories of 3000 fusings and I experienced this too but there's also triumphs of getting super lucky and only using a couple fusings. These are highs and lows that make the game more exciting. What your mentality calls for is to normalize everything to a common grey mass without highs and lows, a boring common denominator. Not to mention you can just pay to craft a 6l if you don't want to deal with the RNG.
You think you are entitled to a 6l, but you have to put in effort to farm currency or get lucky.
Personally, when I decide what build I will play I actually think about how much currency I have and if i'm low on currency I go with a build that can do fine on a 5l (never have i played a build that can't farm tier 10 or even red maps on a 5l) or I even go with a build that doesn't require you to link anything at all like Ngamahu's Axe. That's why there is different builds for different situations and points in the league, it's exactly things like this that make this game amazing and greater than the sum of its parts. Like at the start of the league, where you shouldn't count on the best gear and 6l right away, unless using Tabula. All these little nuances are what make this game extraordinary; but for people like you who just want to pick and choose a build and have everything spoonfed, there's so many other games (seriously pick any game 99.9% chance it's like that). Why do you want everything to be the same boring grey mass?

if you count this as exciting you might as well go gambling and count the times you actually win, same concept designed to make addicted

you act like your way to go is the only one and i need to adjust while denying the fact that a majority welcome the changes with poe2
maybe youre the "wrong opinion" here.
+ just get yourself divination cards which get you 6 link armour , cost around 3-5c each, so much to your fusing excitment
i get that 6 linking a buff ass influenced rare feels like a jackpot but at the same time its a drag to go for it, i want to play this game and not press left and right mouse button like a monkey draggin stuff onto armour until it goes pog

And I dont think as someone else here said already that you will get 6 link gems immediatly. Im just glad this fusing stuff disappears.
1. tornado shot nerfed
2. mirage archer nerfed
3. EH nerfed

Is this a bow league? Or a league to not play a bow?
"
greezly2 wrote:
"
Bosscannon wrote:
Everything remains more or less the same, but some of the powerlevel has been moved to later in the game. Basically they want us to stay farming longer. As a man with a job I just hope its not unreasonable amounts of grind. Will see in the league. It would be sad if game became out of reach just due to time requirement.

Yes ggg think we are all non lifers and we grind 24/7. No job, no kids, no f*king, no beer, no vodka etc. really sad

-GRINDING- gear games....just a hint
grind is more than 1 hour of effort to reach the end
Also can anybody explain me the difference between old fortify and new version?

Isn't it the same? Was - 20% reduced damage taken; new - 20% less damage taken? What is the difference?
"
Lightning Warp
If you now cast multiple Lighting Warps rapidly, you will travel between all of them as they trigger the warp. The timing for each subsequent warp is based on the distance from the previous warp.

Hey, wait, that's actually huge. Does it mean that the weird hidden delay after casting Lightning warp is gone? I think before it couldn't be casted more than twice a second because some obscure mechanics
"
hidden_gobsek wrote:
Also can anybody explain me the difference between old fortify and new version?

Isn't it the same? Was - 20% reduced damage taken; new - 20% less damage taken? What is the difference?
It doesn't stack additively with other sources of reduced damage taken anymore, it's multiplicative with everything now.

Let's say you have Fortify and 10% reduced damage taken from other sources. Before, you would take 70% damage (0.8 - 0.1), now you take 72% damage (0.8 * 0.9).
"
"
Tsaar wrote:
"

So you want a real argument? How about: "Grinding" for a 6 link armor sucks because repeatetly using fusings on it until it makes pong is boring mind numbing bullshit which was never fun for the majority and only acceptable when successfull. I heard horrorstorys of bad luck 3000 fusing later and higher. Cancer like this must not be adored, even if its "bad" luck.

The point is: A majority of those who stop playing because of shitty RNG does not bother joining this forum or reddit and leave their opinion.
the majority just uninstalls the game and searches for another one without anyone noticing it.
And I can tell you there is a bunch of people hating the fact that so much in this game is behind rng, even the full experience of your build.

Yeah there's horrorstories of 3000 fusings and I experienced this too but there's also triumphs of getting super lucky and only using a couple fusings. These are highs and lows that make the game more exciting. What your mentality calls for is to normalize everything to a common grey mass without highs and lows, a boring common denominator. Not to mention you can just pay to craft a 6l if you don't want to deal with the RNG.
You think you are entitled to a 6l, but you have to put in effort to farm currency or get lucky.
Personally, when I decide what build I will play I actually think about how much currency I have and if i'm low on currency I go with a build that can do fine on a 5l (never have i played a build that can't farm tier 10 or even red maps on a 5l) or I even go with a build that doesn't require you to link anything at all like Ngamahu's Axe. That's why there is different builds for different situations and points in the league, it's exactly things like this that make this game amazing and greater than the sum of its parts. Like at the start of the league, where you shouldn't count on the best gear and 6l right away, unless using Tabula. All these little nuances are what make this game extraordinary; but for people like you who just want to pick and choose a build and have everything spoonfed, there's so many other games (seriously pick any game 99.9% chance it's like that). Why do you want everything to be the same boring grey mass?

if you count this as exciting you might as well go gambling and count the times you actually win, same concept designed to make addicted

you act like your way to go is the only one and i need to adjust while denying the fact that a majority welcome the changes with poe2
maybe youre the "wrong opinion" here.
+ just get yourself divination cards which get you 6 link armour , cost around 3-5c each, so much to your fusing excitment
i get that 6 linking a buff ass influenced rare feels like a jackpot but at the same time its a drag to go for it, i want to play this game and not press left and right mouse button like a monkey draggin stuff onto armour until it goes pog

And I dont think as someone else here said already that you will get 6 link gems immediatly. Im just glad this fusing stuff disappears.

Mate, you can hold down shift key while fusing to not have to repeatedly left- and right-click.
"
Rockell wrote:

Think about all the RNG layers you have just to get an item.

First, item type (r/b/g)

Second, item class (normal/magic/rare/unique)

Third, item ilvl

Fourth, item pre/suffixes

Fifth, item pre/suffix rolls

Sixth, item socket number

Seventh, item socket color

Eighth, item socket links

That's 8 RNG layers to get through just to get a decently rolled sidegrade or upgrade. 8!

I'm all for RNG because it can keep the game exciting, but enough is enough tbh.

THIS
I'm a filthy casual to PoE, yet I can say that all this uber RNG thing is what kept me away from going balls deep in this game. Every time I watch a video or a streamer crafting, or theorizing builds my brain goes BOOM! I like depth in my games but I honestly think GGG just went nuts and just created a mathematical simulator. Now that I've been reading all the builds (the most used) and read all the passive tree nodes I wonder:

Why in hell there are that many a nodes in the tree when most of them are just freaking non-viable?

I think what they going to do in PoE2 about gems and sockets is great and I think that will be both, easier to learn yet hard to master and will expand the build possibilities. I can't wait to see more info about it.
"
Ziiyo wrote:
"
Demonoz wrote:

Support Modifiers... yes ALL support mods were removed.

It does not say that. So I would assume it is just main on Maces.

You can no longer roll Chance to Maim and Maim Support modifiers on two-handed maces.
Hybrid Physical Damage and Support/Spell Damage and Support modifiers can no longer roll on two-handed weapons.

Directly copy and paste from the notes. Its right there in bold in case you miss it again..

Just because you dont want it to be so doesn't make the mods any less removed they already went over all this in the manifesto.. And taking a look at the new COC and CWC Support gems they added we can now clearly see why they were removed as well.
There is a fine line between Consideration and Hesitation.
The former is Wisdom, the latter is Fear.
Last edited by Demonoz on Dec 12, 2019, 12:06:06 PM
has CWC and COC has been removed from 2h shpaer or not since they are not hybride ?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info