Content Update 3.9.0 -- Path of Exile: Conquerors of the Atlas

"
Olympiacoz wrote:
"
Rockell wrote:

At least I didn't make up numbers out of thin air to prove a point.

Liar.

Lol "liar", yeah nice "argument" again. You either just misunderstood or delude yourself. It doesn't make you legit anyway.

You took the numbers at the end of the league instead of the near rock solid 30-25k 2nd month numbers as provided by the chart and used that as your "data." Because you knew that the average players would trend all the way back up by the end of december.

[Removed by Support]
Last edited by Scott_GGG on Dec 12, 2019, 4:20:13 PM
Further, you advocate to return to a time when PoE was pulling less than 10k players peak.

So not only are you cherry picking data that is disingenuous at best, your so-called "right way of doing things" shows the game returning to a time you prefer as opposed to one where the long-term health of the game and community is better off.

But please, regale me further with your tenuous grasp of remedial statistics.
Last edited by Rockell on Dec 12, 2019, 3:28:47 PM
"
Rockell wrote:
"
Olympiacoz wrote:
"
Rockell wrote:

At least I didn't make up numbers out of thin air to prove a point.

Liar.

Lol "liar", yeah nice "argument" again. You either just misunderstood or delude yourself. It doesn't make you legit anyway.

You took the numbers at the end of the league instead of the near rock solid 30-25k 2nd month numbers as provided by the chart and used that as your "data." Because you knew that the average players would trend all the way back up by the end of december.

[Removed by Support]

Here we go again If you want to go be GGG's marketing agent go fill in paperwork my friend, instead of shitting up the forum like this.

Obviously EARLY DEC at the end is going to be lower, however i comparably miswrote peak there, so i get why you are upset.

Regardless the game stats just keep dipping off, lower and lower each league. Obviously doing it wrong. Because you cannot expect people and many newbies to come back when the build they found enjoyable was horribly butchered each time and they are now forced to play and learn something else artificially by GGG which they don't want. You do not lose players like this by not doing anything wrong.

Just saying "liar" and making up excuses doesn't make my point or post any less valid though.

Last edited by Scott_GGG on Dec 12, 2019, 4:21:23 PM
That is true that me calling you a liar doesn't make your post less valid. But that's due to the fact it's completely invalid to begin with.

Why don't you compare the numbers 1 day before a new league and actually do something worth our time?

You're literally just looking at what are essentially random points on a single cycle (1 year) and calling it from there and screaming that you're a data scientist.
Last edited by Rockell on Dec 12, 2019, 3:35:18 PM
"
Rockell wrote:
That is true that me calling you a liar doesn't make your post less valid. But that's due to the fact it's completely invalid to begin with.

Why don't you compare the numbers 1 day before a new league and actually do something worth our time?

Another "Genetic statement" #321454, great. Everytime it's some lame whataboutism crap from you. 30 Day peaks are more than enough to see where it's going under the sacred cow tyranny balancing that nobody actually seems to apprechiate.

And sign up for a GGG marketing agent job, since surely GGG cannot be wrong ever right? Even when the stats say so? No use in pissing in the wind here my friend. It's not a good look.
Last edited by Olympiacoz on Dec 12, 2019, 3:40:28 PM
"
Olympiacoz wrote:

Cant you see that the decrease is quite normal from December to November? It was the same last year. Just compare the months with each other and you see no big differences. There is even a talk by Chris that explains it. They make the bigger updates in december and get the highest peak, then over the year it goes down. They cannot hold high numbers the whole year but that is not a problem at all. Their strategy is about getting players back every now and then and have a stable playerbase.
www.twitch.tv/marloss_live
Rockell must be ignorant to these stats, i cant see other reason why hes not understanding that poe player base in 2018 was like 50k average now its like 25-30k in average for 2019. easy maths mate
"
Sinan wrote:
Rockell must be ignorant to these stats, i cant see other reason why hes not understanding that poe player base in 2018 was like 50k average now its like 25-30k in average for 2019. easy maths mate

You'll notice I never dispute waning playerbase numbers as presented.

What I'm disputing is the data is complete and any conclusions made from it are likewise complete. A 3 month decline on a 5 year span is a spurious, unsupported claim at best, especially for something that is done in cycles and not every league is comparable. Hell, 30k is an average for the vast majority of the games life cycle, with only a few lumps in the 50k realm. If anything, it's a statistical return to normalcy.

I also know not every game will last, but I have a feeling this game will do well, and the playerbase will spike again when POE2 comes out. Hell, it may stabilize quite a bit higher because a lot of the stuff that gamers actually hate about POE is being stripped out (gem linking, for one). Or it'll taper off and the game will disappear. Maybe D4 kills it dead.

But I'll never make a statement of such finality like the OP is making because I want it to happen because GGG isn't changing the game the way I want them to. Which is exactly what's happening. I've seen this gamer tantrum too many times to not know exactly what it is.
Last edited by Rockell on Dec 12, 2019, 4:03:16 PM
You know that you only see the Steam user on this site (https://steamcharts.com/app/238960). For my self i played 920.4 houers on Steam and nearly over 3k houers Vanilla client cze this runs smoother. and i think that the major Player base still play on the Vanilla Client
Last edited by muffin1111 on Dec 12, 2019, 4:04:30 PM
"
Sinan wrote:

Kidding?

The average of March till November in 2018 is 24,310.
The average of March till November in 2019 is 22,904.

That is only 1406 less in average. That is like nothing.

I took these dates because January and February 2018 is not in the graph, but i dont expect them to change anything. What are you guys seeing?

Edit: i checked the link and inserted January and February, so
2018: 23,435 on average and 2019: 23374 on average. It is only 61,5 difference :D
www.twitch.tv/marloss_live
Last edited by FipsDieGrille on Dec 12, 2019, 4:07:20 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info