Content Update 3.9.0 -- Path of Exile: Conquerors of the Atlas

Man, after reading these patch notes I am happy having resisted to the temptation to spontaniously buy a new supporter pack as soon as they came out. The shiney white armor pack almost baited me in ^^
"
hidden_gobsek wrote:
1. tornado shot nerfed
2. mirage archer nerfed
3. EH nerfed

Is this a bow league? Or a league to not play a bow?

... and armour increased 2762% at level 84 ......

good times to go phyc bow......
I hope they nerf the game even harder in 3.10
"
alex12709 wrote:
"
hidden_gobsek wrote:
1. tornado shot nerfed
2. mirage archer nerfed
3. EH nerfed

2762% from what point?
1 armour? oh noes!
they´ve extra written: "This sounds scarier than it is"
"
"
alex12709 wrote:
"
hidden_gobsek wrote:
1. tornado shot nerfed
2. mirage archer nerfed
3. EH nerfed

2762% from what point?
1 armour? oh noes!
they´ve extra written: "This sounds scarier than it is"

Level 84 goons had what, 60 armor?

Lol. OH NOES THE LEVEL 84'S HAVE 1657 ARMOR NOW THE GAME IS OVER FOR MELEE
Last edited by Rockell on Dec 12, 2019, 2:48:33 PM
https://steamcharts.com/app/238960

If you use this steam app (time scale slider) to note player retention, you'll see there is a decline since Dec, 2018. There were two subsequent peaks after that date (PoE breached 100k+ peak players ONLY 3 times), which in trading we call a "head and shoulders" pattern and it usually indicates a decline to come.

Dec 2018 Peak Players = 123,462
Mar 2019 Peak Players = 111,114
Jun 2019 Peak Players = 113,258
Sep 2019 Peak Players = 74,653
Early Dec 2019 Players = 15.000

Sure enough, the decline is in progress. And it ultimately has nothing to do with the leagues, if your game was fun enough people would keep playing regardless. And what you are doing to the game these days isn't fun.

GGG, keep butchering people's builds after each league to maintain the META sacred cow crap and you'll find the decline irrecoverable.

For all the "brainy" people working at GGG, not one of you seems to notice trends and patterns for the long term benefit of your company. You cannot expect to get players to keep coming back in this way by just butchering people's prefered choice in playstyles, orginality(builds) they liked to play. This is something you would see from a PvP game where it is needed, in PvE however it is not, it's senseless to do.

One of the things that drew me to this game originally was all the theorycrafting of builds and seeing what could actually do "end game" in practice as opposed to in PoB. That has died itself due to your actions.

Destroying people's build achievements and favorite playstyles with your retarded meta rotations isn't long term thinking. People want to play what they want to play. You don't balance anything. You butcher and destroy people's time and effort in a PvE game in order to give people the illusion of "freshness" while destroying player agency and choice, and even more insane you keep thinking it's a "good" thing while your game stats say something else and betray you.

In another year, PoE won't be the only D2 clone on the block. You should respect the discontent on your forums GGG, you should listen to seasoned players not randoms on reddit social media where any random can post, most people aren't there and don't actually care about the game plebbit users don't seem to want a thinking challenge; they only want a bland sugar water, easy solution handed to them on a plate with clear written instructions. That nobody else wants, that nobody else who likes this game for what it is wants. You listen to these idiots, And the result? Only that small echo chamber clique "enjoys it" for about 1 week or couple and quit and the most of your active playerbase which is way larger just suffers.

I'm tired of these endless swapmeat leagues and forced sacred cow meta crap, I'm a seasoned player, and I'm sure other people who have played this game for years can chime in to it, and many already have. But you don't listen, you just see dollar signs and falsely expect our hard earned money. I will not support you because you KEEP keep pulling stupid shit like this. Unfuck it.
Last edited by Olympiacoz on Dec 12, 2019, 3:33:07 PM
"
Olympiacoz wrote:
https://steamcharts.com/app/238960

If you use this steam app (time scale slider) to note player retention, you'll see there is a decline since Dec, 2018. There were two subsequent peaks after that date (PoE breached 100k+ peak players ONLY 3 times), which in trading we call a "head and shoulders" pattern and it usually indicates a decline to come.

Dec 2018 Peak Players = 123,462
Mar 2019 Peak Players = 111,114
Jun 2019 Peak Players = 113,258
Sep 2019 Peak Players = 74,653
Early Dec 2019 Peak Players = 15.000

Sure enough, the decline is in progress. And it ultimately has nothing to do with the leagues, if your game was fun enough people would keep playing regardless. And what you are doing to the game these days isn't fun.

GGG, keep butchering people's builds after each league to maintain the META sacred cow crap and you'll find the decline irrecoverable.

For all the "brainy" people working at GGG, not one of you seems to notice trends and patterns for the long term benefit of your company. You cannot expect to get players to keep coming back in this way by just butchering people's prefered choice in playstyles, orginality(builds) they liked to play. This is something you would see from a PvP game where it is needed, in PvE however it is not, it's senseless to do.

One of the things that drew me to this game originally was all the theorycrafting of builds and seeing what could actually do "end game" in practice as opposed to in PoB. That has died itself due to your actions.

Destroying people's build achievements and favorite playstyles with your retarded meta rotations isn't long term thinking. People want to play what they want to play. You don't balance anything. You butcher and destroy people's time and effort in a PvE game in order to give people the illusion of "freshness" while destroying player agency and choice, and even more insane you keep thinking it's a "good" thing while your game stats say something else and betray you.

In another year, PoE won't be the only D2 clone on the block. You should respect the discontent on your forums GGG, you should listen to seasoned players not randoms on reddit social media where any random can post, most people aren't there and don't actually care about the game plebbit users don't seem to want a thinking challenge; they only want a bland sugar water, easy solution handed to them on a plate with clear written instructions. That nobody who like this game for what is is wants. You listen to these idiots, And the result? Only that small echo chamber clique "enjoys it" for about 1 week and quit and the most of your active playerbase which is way larger just suffers.

I'm tired of these endless swapmeat leagues and forced sacred cow meta crap, I'm a seasoned player, and I'm sure other people who have played this game for years can chime in to it, and many already have. But you don't listen, you just see dollar signs and falsely expect our hard earned money. I will not support you because you KEEP keep pulling stupid shit like this.

Because, as we know, Steam is the only platform this game exists on.

Also, you mislead about actual numbers because the avg players on the 2nd month of a league are ~25k, and have been for a while.

So, you're lying to make your point. Why am I not shocked? You can't even pick a number provided on that page, you pick the day or 2 before a league starts when nobody but standards are playing and estimate as close as you can. It's why you picked a different number for this, because you knew you didn't have a damn thing backing you up. Dirty.
Last edited by Rockell on Dec 12, 2019, 2:55:05 PM
"
Rockell wrote:

Nice "argument" consisting of exactly nothing there bud, that's like saying massive polls or statistics in real life doesn't portray reality. We know this is not the case. Especially when you look at last leagues pathetic achievement stats. Their leagues keep dying faster and faster because they are doing it wrong.

Brand it or ignore it however you want. Nobody with a mind is going to take a random at face value over the cold numbers which disprove you.
Last edited by Olympiacoz on Dec 12, 2019, 2:57:49 PM
"
Olympiacoz wrote:
"
Rockell wrote:

Nice "argument" consisting of exactly nothing there bud, that's like saying massive polls or statistics in real life doesn't portray reality. We know this is not the case. Especially when you look at last leagues pathetic achievement stats.

At least I didn't make up numbers out of thin air to prove a point.

Liar.
"
Rockell wrote:

At least I didn't make up numbers out of thin air to prove a point.

Liar.

Lol "liar", yeah nice "argument" again. You either just misunderstood or delude yourself. It doesn't make you legit anyway.
Last edited by Olympiacoz on Dec 12, 2019, 3:02:52 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info