Development Manifesto: Balance in Path of Exile: Conquerors of the Atlas

Finally I can make a boss killing build and stay in the meta. good job GGG
"
Nephalim wrote:
"
Similarly, the Point Blank keystone has been seeing use on many Bow and other projectile skills for a long time. We felt the damage bonus was too great at close range, forcing a close range playstyle onto a long range weapon. The keystone now provides 30% more projectile damage at close range (down from 50% more), tapering to 30% less damage at long range (from 50% less).

This was too much, could of waited till 4.10 to do this.
Huge damage bonus was the reward for essentially removing your main advantage as a ranged player.

I actually feel like this is ok. To players who knew how to use point blank well, it was a nerf. However for people who just got point blank without understanding distances, this is a major buff.
"
crashbashl wrote:
"
Nytmaer wrote:
]

The only thing taking it away would do is let more people hit 100. Why?

Why not?!
80% of the time you die because of disconnects, lag, crashes, freezes, desincs...rubber banding...frame drops, stutterings..and so on...all because if this shitty game engine that they use.
And you are the one punished for that by losing XP when you die?!
Ahaha what a joke.
XP loss in death must be eradicated.

^ This.

Most of my deaths are lag related, and one hits from off screen.
80%+ is seemingly accurate.

Although, I haven't really been stressed about not hitting 100...or tried to hit 100 really.
I just don't like dying because of laggy bits.
Last edited by SatosPoE on Dec 9, 2019, 10:02:13 PM
welp. goodbye 2h melee builds.
why didnt they just make all their vendor trash unique bows better, if the disparity between crafted and uniques was the issue ?

nobody is going to 6l a doomfletch and go mapping lol

Last edited by poggazoo on Dec 9, 2019, 10:00:26 PM

Some modifiers no longer appear on Shaper or Elder items, like the "increased Physical Damage and Socketed Gems are Supported By" modifiers on Two Handed Weapons

does it mean no more helmets for HoA builds with supported by X lvl minion damage?
"
SatosPoE wrote:
"
crashbashl wrote:
"
Nytmaer wrote:
]

Why not?!
80% of the time you die because of disconnects, lag, crashes, freezes, desincs...rubber banding...frame drops, stutterings..and so on...all because if this shitty game engine that they use.
Ahaha what a joke.

^ This.

Most of my deaths are lag related, and one hits from off screen.
80%+ is seemingly accurate.

dude ur highest char is 81 .. and ur items are like 2 linked and stuff..
and ur playing 5 life flasks (no defensive flask no instant flask)
and u talk shit about the game lul
"
why didnt they just make all their vendor trash unique bows better, if the disparity between crafted and uniques was the issue ?
The general theme of the manifesto seems to be that power creep has made a mockery of game balance, and it's time to pay the piper and put some thought and investment into your build, instead of just swapping out an OP multimodded bow for an OP unique bow.
"
nskLantash wrote:
So, uhh, what exactly is quit-worthy in this manifesto?

it's just a personal choice, i mean no offense here.

i have played this game for years.

but today there are some changes really unreasonable.
This account is only for feedback and suggestions.
"
Nubman wrote:
"
crashbashl wrote:
"
Nytmaer wrote:
]

Why not?!
Ahaha what a joke.

I don't think you understand just how boring the game would get with no death penalty. It's there for a reason - to show you where your characters level cap is, or in some cases, skill cap.

If you don't want to die then just play white maps.

I don't think you understand how frustrating the game gets by dying because the reasons that I mentioned above starting with lvl 92.
Don't even think about doing from lvl 98 where XP gains diminishing returns enter in effect ...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info