Development Manifesto: Balance in Path of Exile: Conquerors of the Atlas

I was excited to play but I am considering taking another break now. The combo of no vicious proj and no multimod have totally screwed my plans for a CA build.
I get that other skills would take more advantage of the mods and be overpowered, but now there arent other good alternatives besides 30exalt delve modded bows. No sweet base mods to craft and no Uniques to fit the slot. I'm screwed.
"
lonestaRip wrote:
this is crazy, gg poe.

it's time to quit.

i wonder if they really play their own game.

So, uhh, what exactly is quit-worthy in this manifesto?
Sounds about right. Story bosses finally get some of their danger back!
"
crashbashl wrote:
"
Incarcerated wrote:
"
LoloJolo wrote:
Why?
It taking me 2 days to pass story!

REMOVE XP LOSS ON DEATH FOR SOFTCOVER LEAGUE!!!!

I'm player with DISABILITIES!
WHY YOU CONTINUING MAKING GAME UNPLAYABLE AND PAINFUL!?
What is wrong with you GGG?

I'M FEEL I'LL DROP THIS GAME!
I SPENT MORE THAN $500 supporting you for WHAT?

If Somebody WANT HARDCORE PLAY - LET THEM PLAY HARDCORE!
I didn't feel THAT GAME IS EASE! I STOPPED ON LEVEL 98 AND PLAYED MORE THAN MONTH ON THE SAME LEVEL 98 BECAUSE OF 1 SHOT DEATH FROM LAGS OR REGULAR MONSTERS WITH SUMMONER WITH 7.0K HP POOL AND 97+% RESISTANCE!

THIS IS TOTAL BULLSHIT!
GGG PREPARING GAME FOR PAY TO WIN!

Just because you have disabilities doesn't mean everyone else has to bow to your demands. The xp loss from death is an encouragement for players to be better and understand the game. It sucks if you're feeling frustrated about it but in reality, most people don't hit lvl98 ever. You're doing just fine.

"XP loss on death" is a 20 years old mechanic that does not have a place in today's games.
It's useless...you can only gain experience from battle. Even dying...you know what mistake you did...
Losing XP must be erased from modern RPGs.

The only thing taking it away would do is let more people hit 100. Why?
You're meant to 'gain experience' by 'know what mistake you did' and not do it anymore.
"
IceKingLP wrote:
Some modifiers no longer appear on Shaper or Elder items, like the "increased Physical Damage and Socketed Gems are Supported By" modifiers on Two Handed Weapons

Soo basically, which mods am I supposed to roll on an elder weapon now, don't you think you did go there a little bit too far..
Clearly you're not supposed to roll mods on an Elder weapon, you're supposed to roll them on one of the new influence types.
"
crashbashl wrote:
"XP loss on death" is a 20 years old mechanic that does not have a place in today's games.
It's useless...you can only gain experience from battle. Even dying...you know what mistake you did...
Serious question, what would you suggest as an alternative death penalty?
"
ekaye wrote:
"
IceKingLP wrote:
Some modifiers no longer appear on Shaper or Elder items, like the "increased Physical Damage and Socketed Gems are Supported By" modifiers on Two Handed Weapons

Soo basically, which mods am I supposed to roll on an elder weapon now, don't you think you did go there a little bit too far..
Clearly you're not supposed to roll mods on an Elder weapon, you're supposed to roll them on one of the new influence types.
"
crashbashl wrote:
Serious question, what would you suggest as an alternative death penalty?

Probably none. They don't want a death penalty because then that means dying feels bad.
"
WotsOnSecond wrote:
"As the average character's damage has grown over time, we're going to be incrementally updating monster defences to be more challenging. This league, we're looking at monster life, resistances and armour."

So Monster defense increases, monster damage increases, player damage increases, ...

I think you're missing something.

I think the point is to make enemies more dangerous (as they should be) and keep players with just a little bit of investment from oneshotting whole screens and bosses. just dodge abilities 4Head
"
Steeldraconis wrote:
We're gonna have to start calling these "Nerf Notes" rather than "Development Manifesto's.

xD

Rip anyone who wanted to play a BOW build during the "BOW" league.

I don't see how bows aren't gonna be in a good spot with all the new changes
hot yeet

does it mean no more helmets for HoA builds with supported by X lvl minion damage?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info