Development Manifesto: Balance in Path of Exile: Conquerors of the Atlas

"
Incarcerated wrote:
"
ekaye wrote:
"
why didnt they just make all their vendor trash unique bows better, if the disparity between crafted and uniques was the issue ?
The general theme of the manifesto seems to be that power creep has made a mockery of game balance, and it's time to pay the piper and put some thought and investment into your build, instead of just swapping out an OP multimodded bow for an OP unique bow.

This. I see only spoilt people used to getting top gear within the first week and casual players complaining about the xp penalty in these comments. Most people want to be able to find competetive gear from rare drops. It sucks when you find a good item and then look at all the multimodded stuff that has everything rolled perfectly, making your item worthless.

I enjoy picking up rare items but in the last 4-5 leagues i have rarely sold anything i found to a player because within a week, people are crafting things you'll find once in your entire PoE career.

Also unique bows should feel rewarding to find because they fulfil a niche that a rare item can't. Right now I'd say there's maybe 3-4 bows like that, the rest is worthless.

My retort is that an overwhelming majority of the gear you find is abysmal garbage. If they limit it to 2 crafted mods then it should be cheaper is my only complaint though.
"

dude ur highest char is 81 .. and ur items are like 2 linked and stuff..
and ur playing 5 life flasks (no defensive flask no instant flask)
and u talk shit about the game lul

Dude. I keep one character in Standard, and delete the rest at the end of each league.
The 81 is an RF build, my 1st RF build, and it was my most fun character I played this league.
(And yes...it's lvl 81. It topped out between T12 and T14. I couldn't progress after that, due to my own ignorance of the game thus far, and how to build better.)
The lvl 70 is a name holder for this coming league.
The lvl 17 and 21 were practice runs for a couple of builds I was trying out yesterday, and the night before, for this new league.
They have 2 links because I was literally doing a practice run...as if I had nothing to start with.

Just because I don't like the server issues, doesn't mean I don't like the game. ;)

I'm happy for such an attentive an engaging development team, but it's hard to see things made more difficult when I still get dicked on by certain bosses for no logical reason. Going into fights and losing 3-4 portals because rocks are falling on me or some such.

I'm complaining about silly stuff, I'm sure,but still I'm sure I'm not the only one who is like "oh, yeah, make things HARDER..."
"
Multi-mod up to 3 crafting modifiers. Does the 3 include the multi itself

somebody answer this
"
Incarcerated wrote:

Also unique bows should feel rewarding to find because they fulfil a niche that a rare item can't. Right now I'd say there's maybe 3-4 bows like that, the rest is worthless.

With the buffed bosses, using unique bows will be akin to throwing rhoa eggs on them :D Well, we shall see from the patch notes, but i feel leveling a bow character next league will be extremely clunky.
Last edited by poggazoo on Dec 9, 2019, 10:24:37 PM
GGG 3 weeks ago: Minions aren't getting significant nerfs in Metamorph

GGG today: Yeah your minions are getting a 35% life nerf and 75% damage nerf. Your old builds are all worthless (even your old bow builds) because this is a bow-only league and we're forcing you to make new characters and buy new MTX.

As expected. No build will be allowed to keep its power level. Only forced metas every season that invalidate every good build the second a season ends.
A very strong boss like the Shaper KEKW
You guys have some really weird priorities when it comes to the balance and development of this game.

None of these changes really bug me but most of them dont make much sense either nor are they really urgent when it comes to game balance in any way...
I get abused by GGG staff every time I post because I started the Fix Your Game meme. Pathetic and unprofessional.
"
Monster Armour has been largely irrelevant beyond a very low level for a long time, reducing reasonable physical damage hits by almost nothing. To mirror the resistance changes on monsters, we're updating monster Armour growth to be something that noticeably impacts physical damage characters when fighting highly armoured monsters.

So would really like to know about how much physical reduction we are speaking, the word "noticably" is scaring the shit out of me.

"
lonestaRip wrote:
this is crazy, gg poe.

it's time to quit.

i wonder if they really play their own game.

I know they do play and test. But I really don't know the conditions.

Doesn't really feel we have the same game.

It's always hard to do the most fun thing: bossing. It's too time consuming to reach bosses, you kinda need to pass a gear barrier because if you die (too much, or at all on HC) you'll lose everything you invested to reach that boss.

And now with nerfs all arround you'll have to grind more and play more to achiev the same you would be able before.

Instead of getting player retention, people WILL JUST QUIT because they won't be able to do anything fun or rewarding before grinding what they consider too much.

I'll play a lot. I always do. But watching the game becoming harder and harder make me wonder if they really want new players. PoE is a hard game already. How many people actually ever did kill an Aul? I have friends that played the game for YEARS and never killed Uber Elder.

I feel they balance arround streamers and people that play (maybe?) too much.

Seems that with this changes the game is a little bit slower. Except for the top players that already trample and one shot anything.

Nerfing extra gems and multi mod was a bad choice IMO.

Onslaught? WHAT THE HELL?! Who even speedrun with attacks?! This wasn't a bad choice, this is just a plain mistake.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info