Development Manifesto: Balance in Path of Exile: Conquerors of the Atlas

"
"
LoloJolo wrote:
Why?
It taking me 2 days to pass story!

REMOVE XP LOSS ON DEATH FOR SOFTCOVER LEAGUE!!!!

I'm player with DISABILITIES!
WHY YOU CONTINUING MAKING GAME UNPLAYABLE AND PAINFUL!?
What is wrong with you GGG?

I'M FEEL I'LL DROP THIS GAME!
I SPENT MORE THAN $500 supporting you for WHAT?

If Somebody WANT HARDCORE PLAY - LET THEM PLAY HARDCORE!
I didn't feel THAT GAME IS EASE! I STOPPED ON LEVEL 98 AND PLAYED MORE THAN MONTH ON THE SAME LEVEL 98 BECAUSE OF 1 SHOT DEATH FROM LAGS OR REGULAR MONSTERS WITH SUMMONER WITH 7.0K HP POOL AND 97+% RESISTANCE!

THIS IS TOTAL BULLSHIT!
GGG PREPARING GAME FOR PAY TO WIN!

wow, no thanks. 98 is fine, there is almost no difference in 98-100 in overal power level. You dont need 100.

The guy with the rant is being sarcastic. I will say though that everything other than the disability was pretty funny.
TL;DR melee is even worse

Fortify nerfed = more damage taken by melee
More boss life = more damage taken by melee due to longer exposure
More investment needed to deal with armor and elemental resist = More dmg taken by melee due to longer exposure
Buffs to Ranged totems = safe ranged playstyles get safer and more damaging when they already had no problem doing lots of DPS (Ele hit Balistas will completely faceroll all content).
Buffs to boss life = safe ranged playstyles are the smart play
Nerfs to melee = safe ranged playstyles are the smart play
Nerfs to fortify = safe ranged playstyles are the smart play

Question: can GGG hire someone who has a good feel for how to make melee better? because in 6 years the existing staff either has no interest or no ability to.

"only 10% of players care about melee" - Aesop's Fox if he was a GGG dev
"when you die in this game, typically you're getting one shot, you're dieing in one frame; almost always" -Ben_
Well, I played arc last league and planned on going summoner this league. Now I think I will play arc again haha.

Also, this multi mod thing confuses me, how many mods were we able to add before compared to after this change?
Can have multiple crafted modifiers

Thanks GGG that was really overpowered.
Last edited by sha587 on Dec 9, 2019, 10:08:53 PM
Duplicate. Deleted
Last edited by __Shady__ on Dec 9, 2019, 10:10:08 PM
"
DEvil27 wrote:
About the shock and chill changes. It was bad idea to make it scaling linear with damage. Thx for hear me after 2 years and a half -.-"

Also to be clear, there wasn't increase shock and chill effect at that time. It still doesn't have a double dipping effect, so it doesn't really matter.

I think one reason they dragged their feet on chill and shock for so long, was because they have additive effects (?) with other types of debuffs - it was a potentially too-cheap way to get more mileage out of ranged skills.

Players have basically written off shock/chill as subpar even while we have been getting new ways of remotely applying these ailments with every league: spell totems, skitterbots, and now ballistas. Not only were non-damaging ailments getting left behind, they were off the radar because anything worth buzzing or freezing was de facto immune in addition to explicitly modded to say "mostly avoids ailments" or "can't be fully slowed".
[19:36]#Mirror_stacking_clown: try smoke ganja every day for 10 years and do memory game
Rip to my Zombies... it was fun while it lasted...
Great update!
I love it. Every league, the Balance Manifesto is posted, and every league the comments are filled with the salty tears of players. Every time, people talk about how "out of touch" the devs are, and as "do you guys even play this game?"

And every league, everything turns out just fine, with new builds emerging and old ones adapting or dying.

This is the reason I love this game; constantly changing and evolving. Keep it up, love this manifesto and can't wait for the patch notes (and new leauge).
"
ekaye wrote:
"
why didnt they just make all their vendor trash unique bows better, if the disparity between crafted and uniques was the issue ?
The general theme of the manifesto seems to be that power creep has made a mockery of game balance, and it's time to pay the piper and put some thought and investment into your build, instead of just swapping out an OP multimodded bow for an OP unique bow.

This. I see only spoilt people used to getting top gear within the first week and casual players complaining about the xp penalty in these comments. Most people want to be able to find competetive gear from rare drops. It sucks when you find a good item and then look at all the multimodded stuff that has everything rolled perfectly, making your item worthless.

I enjoy picking up rare items but in the last 4-5 leagues i have rarely sold anything i found to a player because within a week, people are crafting things you'll find once in your entire PoE career.

Also unique bows should feel rewarding to find because they fulfil a niche that a rare item can't. Right now I'd say there's maybe 3-4 bows like that, the rest is worthless.
Last edited by Incarcerated on Dec 9, 2019, 10:12:01 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info