Petition/Request for GGG to show that they actually read the official forums and not just reddit

All i want for Christmas is to know that this forum matters GGG
Innocence forgives you
"
All i want for Christmas is to know that this forum matters GGG

Tired of trolls? Ignore them.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1473168
Sometimes you really gotta wondor wtf is going on there over at GGG.

Literally it can go years without anyone except support posting in feedback forum here. Yes, tears. To the point where it becomes downright damaging to the morale of people. Meanwhile they get posts on reddit for all sorts of crap all the time.

One does really have to wondor, do they really never ever read these forums. Then there are posts like these. I'd imagine if they do read they go like "we don't answer to posts begging for our attention". Either way, if they do that, it's not very smart. That is the minimum amount of effort they can do even if they almost never read these forums that tiny amount of effort will restore blind faith beyond what the reality would be, in other words its a very intelligent move to keep people believing.

Either way none of it makes sense, one can only conclude that they simply never read, or that they simply do not care. Neither comes out as a positive in the eyes of anyone with just basic critical intelligence.

Furthermore reddit is such a teenage braindead enviroment where because of systems like voting it's all peer pressure and masses. Reddit rewards small funny comments, bashing on others with good wit(whether they are right or wrong), trolling etc. It's like braindead masses because the most people cannot think too far and with the voting system of reddit the most people decide what gets to have attention so as soon as you write something in depth, hard to understand or challenging the masses just spam the downvote. My point is, reddit is a shitty environment for serious discussion, it fosters just teenage spam attention whoring and meta-empowerment where everyone think of the same tiny amount of things not because of their value but because of the herd mentality where they just follow what other around them are doing/thinking, pushing up what masses are thinking about, and pushing down what the insightful reflective people see in the finer details.

The way it looks to me is that they have talked over on GGG about the forums and collectively decided to give a rats ass about feedback and general, telling each other how it's full of hateful posters and trashtalkers, and telling each other how reddit is so good because the mass of people downvote all these people that posts too personal things to keep things nice and simple braindead overthere after shaving off the soul of individuality.

Reddit sucks, it's facts. It's a place for humor, trolls, and get a glimpse into the meta and what masses are doing. It really hurts the soul to think this is waht developers have surrendered into because it's easier than to deal with the complaints on the forums. Running away to where they don't see it.
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
Last edited by Crackmonster on Dec 23, 2019, 11:07:11 AM
"
Just TRIED to make a thread on reddit about the potential gains of the fortify changes for abyssus, Berserker and all increased damage taken builds like Oros or Berserker aspect of carnage. Just showing the maths, nothing else.

Instantly downvoted by 3 mad juggers, I deleted it cause once it got the 2-3 downvotes in 5 minutes its ready for the dumpster anyway.

Very good platform.

This is what always happens on reddit, if you make a serious post and it's not aligned with what meta are thinking or someone is afraid to lose power.

Spam that downvote. Reddit is such an awful environment i have tried several times to make meaningful posts there, but the same always happens i only get success if i post some funny or bashing or trolly nonsense posts where i don't really put my heard and intelligence into, and only care about how it looks not what it means.

Same if you comment on topic. You give an in depth explanation etc, 1-2 upvotes. Dude posts a good funny remark, 2k upvotes.

Reddit. it's really for teenage, it's not a mature environment. But i guess it's easier for devs that way ey, maybe bceause they aren't too interested in what others really think because they never move out of their own vision. Shit i don't know, thinking about it just makes me sad, i'm just gonna keep abandoning caring seriously about game in turn fck that shit they don't deserve my efforts.

The more you think about it, the more it just unravels even more sad realizations and negative aspects, lack of care etc. This is not the case of all the world, this is not how i think, this is how you act GGG i see quite neutral i am a really difficult individual to make think negatively but there is just no light to find when you examine your acts in regards to feedback on forums. Face the responsibility of your actions, and your shortcomings, don't tell each other it's just negative people coz you really don't know what you are talking about you are letting emotions rule you.
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
Last edited by Crackmonster on Dec 23, 2019, 11:16:05 AM
^ this I got downvoted saying there is somethign wrong with barrage support doing no damage with skill that does aoe O_O

Also they are so much into reddit , they forgot to even add new gem and support into their forums (skill gem and topic) topics.

The only good we have here is moderator censuring/moderating us at flashspeed, for that they are good as fuck lmao
/Signed

SERIOUSLY,

i tried reddit for one day just because of PoE and i hated the platform
its full of social climbers and is made for social climbers

f*ck their "pointing system" ,"medal system", "karma system", etc.

but i see why GGG focuses on reddit:
- IT MAKES THEIR JOB EASIER

by only looking at the popular opinions
they can know which areas of the game they should work on
It is just disrespectful to their own forums and their own playerbase. But we've seen that before.
how is it going? no response from ggg here?

maybe we should start mass downvoting posts on reddit to get our devs back here. join me!

age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
vio wrote:

maybe we should start mass downvoting posts on reddit to get our devs back here. join me!

fight fire with fire? lol you've almost convinced me to visit reddit and make an account.

Innocence forgives you
"
"
vio wrote:

fight fire with fire? lol you've almost convinced me to visit reddit and make an account.

what's the alternative? write a new thread based forum engine for ggg so they love their own home again cause it's eventually usable?

edit: just learned today that they did a reddit ama before the league start.

totally escaped me, was it mentioned here anywhere?
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Last edited by vio on Dec 23, 2019, 5:00:37 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info