Petition/Request for GGG to show that they actually read the official forums and not just reddit

"
Pizzarugi wrote:
"
robmafia wrote:
"
Pizzarugi wrote:

Or, maybe, this kind of toxic accusatory behavior levied at the devs as you've demonstrated and can be found in abundance here on the forums, which often gets downvoted and buried, is exactly why they prefer Reddit?

wow, they prefer the echo chamber of reddit? YOU DON'T SAY.

it's as if that was the point.

Civil conversations = echo chamber

*ahem*
[Removed by Support]
"Your forum signature was removed as it was considered to be inappropriate and a breach of our Code of Conduct."

...it was quotes. from the forum. lolz!
"
robmafia wrote:
*ahem*

You missed the first half of the point.

"
Pizzarugi wrote:

Or, maybe, this kind of toxic accusatory behavior levied at the devs as you've demonstrated and can be found in abundance here on the forums, which often gets downvoted and buried, is exactly why they prefer Reddit?

If the person I was responding to had said that on Reddit, they would have gotten downvoted and buried, and rightfully so, because it's toxic accusatory behavior.

If you consider accusations and insults to be part of a civil discussion, then that's why they're engaging with people on Reddit rather than here. :P
PoE players: Our game has a wide diversity of builds.

Also PoE players: The [league mechanic] doesn't need to be nerfed, you just need to play a [current meta] build!

MFers found strength in their Afflictions. They became reliant on them. I am not so foolish.
Last edited by Pizzarugi on Dec 1, 2019, 10:08:31 PM
I'd like to be clear that at least from my end of things i don't care that they use reddit or any other platform to get feedback and other information, I'd simply like to know that the feedback forum is not a waste of effort to post in.

"
Pizzarugi wrote:

If the person I was responding to had said that on Reddit, they would have gotten downvoted and buried, and rightfully so, because it's toxic accusatory behavior.

If you consider accusations and insults to be part of a civil discussion, then that's why they're engaging with people on Reddit rather than here. :P

I sure hope this thread did not come off as toxic or especially accusatory, I'd like to believe that GGG does indeed read this forum but rather chooses not to engage directly with it due to the tendency for things to become rather toxic here.

I am not the most articulate person that i know but i did try to be respectful with the OP.
Innocence forgives you
Last edited by SilentSymphony on Dec 1, 2019, 10:23:15 PM
+1
"
Pizzarugi wrote:
"
robmafia wrote:
*ahem*

You missed the first half of the point.

"
Pizzarugi wrote:

no, i didn't.

what's toxic or not is largely subjective.

echo chambers are echo chambers.
[Removed by Support]
"Your forum signature was removed as it was considered to be inappropriate and a breach of our Code of Conduct."

"
robmafia wrote:
no, i didn't.

Apparently wanting to have civil conversations about criticisms with the game free from snark, accusations, and insults equate to echo chambers.

And some people here on the forums ponder why GGG doesn't post here much. :P
PoE players: Our game has a wide diversity of builds.

Also PoE players: The [league mechanic] doesn't need to be nerfed, you just need to play a [current meta] build!

MFers found strength in their Afflictions. They became reliant on them. I am not so foolish.
theyre done with the forum and reddit also
because most of the people here and there (even on discord i can approve that) are toxic af and also believing in crap that isnt even up to date now ...
"There are Penalties in the Game, no one's complaining about them"
Chris Wilson Exilecon 2019
"
Pizzarugi wrote:
"
robmafia wrote:
no, i didn't.

Apparently wanting to have civil conversations about criticisms with the game free from snark, accusations, and insults equate to echo chambers.

And some people here on the forums ponder why GGG doesn't post here much. :P

oh, please. what a stretch.
[Removed by Support]

Oh course they read the forums, but with how most of the people here act its no surprise they don't bother to post here.
When a game is 'small', developers can interact directly with players on their forums. The number of angry people, trolls and *beep*s are manageable.

When the game grows large, they have to step back.
Too many people inevitably pounce whenever they see a developer response, and either take it as a promise that something will be done and angrily start flaming the next day when nothing has been done, start barraging with unrelated personal bugbears, start trolling the developers because that's what gives their life purpose, or are just complete *beep*s.

...Like the *beep* who is always responding with wanting 'Frozen Orb' mechanics in PoE on Facebook...

It simply can't be done once a game reach this size. Non-committal responses on an unofficial forum (like reddit) is the best you can hope for, and GGG is actually quite good at that compared to other games.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info