Petition/Request for GGG to show that they actually read the official forums and not just reddit

Disclaimer: this is not intended to be an attack on GGG rather an attempt to increase morale here on the official forums, Please be respectful to GGG when posting in this topic thank you.

So its a long standing belief here on the official forums that the devs only read reddit and that posting here in the official forums is a futile effort.

I can only hope this is not true because there are a lot of good ideas that come through these forums by some of the most passionate POE players and even some of the original supporters that helped make this game a reality in the first place.

So it would be a really big morale boost to see a Developer post here to show myself and many other fans that this forum does indeed matter, That our feedback and ideas do make it to you GGG that we are not just screaming into the void for no reason whatsoever.

I understand that many of the ideas posted here wither good or not do not always fit within your design philosophy for POE or for other reasons can not or will not likely be implemented but that does not mean that will remain true for all ideas posted here and as good as you are at what you do GGG there are limits to how much you can come up with on your own, you've got us to help with that.. your fans here on your official forum.

If any of the users who read this also agree that this would help boost morale and inspire more people to come forward with their ideas please post a +1

Side note: kinda scared at the changes you are making in 4.0 but also excited to see where the game goes, hoping for the best and thanks for keeping this game going for so many years GGG

Innocence forgives you
Last edited by SilentSymphony on Nov 29, 2019, 9:04:48 PM
Last bumped on Aug 1, 2020, 4:06:13 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
/Signed.

Reddit is largely a sesspool of meme's and fluff that I do not have the time or patience to trawl through to find good content other than occasionally reading the front page.

Plus I'm old and used to forums :(
good luck on this crusade exile.

but I can see the future on this matter.
"Parade your victories, hide your defeats. Mortals are so insecure."

Once you break the cycle of fear no angels or demons can whisper you their sweet nothing words.

Retired since crucible.(Not a free tester anymore for a multi billion dollar company).
/Signed
They don't and haven't for years. That is blatantly obvious.

The fact is, we can't even get an 'official' response to the most basic questions. Of which Reddit would be answered within the hour.

Instead, we get random people posting random information, based on nothing more than guesses and assumptions; Acting as if they actually have a clue because there is literally no-one else here to tell them otherwise.
GGG use Reddit because is very easy to manipulate and hide and real critics there. Vote system and army of white knight ass lickers do the job. Here, on official forums we can have much more diversified picture of PoE. It looks much, much more ugly and realistic. GGG is trying avoid this at all cost.

"
Elua wrote:
GGG use Reddit because is very easy to manipulate and hide and real critics there. Vote system and army of white knight ass lickers do the job. Here, on official forums we can have much more diversified picture of PoE. It looks much, much more ugly and realistic. GGG is trying avoid this at all cost.

I really hope that is not true.. I'm a white knight on some topics and then one of those people holding pitchforks in others but at the end of all of that i simply love this game it offers me the complexity to keep me making characters over and over.

We cant expect the devs to be foaming at the mouth for our ideas but just to know that they do sort through some of our feedback on their official forum would be a big motivator for me at least to put a lot more effort into fleshing out ideas and spending even more time here on the forum.

I have seen some of the web developers posting in here (credit to you guys <3 if you see this) but outside of that it does indeed feel like this forum has been mostly abandoned.

Is it bad that they use reddit? I don't think so it would be bad if they ignored any popular medium to reach their fans and critics but you'd think their official forum would be a priority..

as much as my inner fanboy tries to tell me otherwise its pretty plain to see if you visit this forum every single day that there's indeed something off here on the official forums especially when you see the feedback here versus what actually happens versus the feedback on reddit.

PLS GGG all i want for Christmas is to know that this forum does matter.
Innocence forgives you
Last edited by SilentSymphony on Nov 30, 2019, 6:00:45 PM
"
Elua wrote:

Or, maybe, this kind of toxic accusatory behavior levied at the devs as you've demonstrated and can be found in abundance here on the forums, which often gets downvoted and buried, is exactly why they prefer Reddit?
PoE players: Our game has a wide diversity of builds.

Also PoE players: The [league mechanic] doesn't need to be nerfed, you just need to play a [current meta] build!

MFers found strength in their Afflictions. They became reliant on them. I am not so foolish.
Last edited by Pizzarugi on Dec 1, 2019, 8:50:22 PM
"
Pizzarugi wrote:

Or, maybe, this kind of toxic accusatory behavior levied at the devs as you've demonstrated and can be found in abundance here on the forums, which often gets downvoted and buried, is exactly why they prefer Reddit?

wow, they prefer the echo chamber of reddit? YOU DON'T SAY.

it's as if that was the point.
[Removed by Support]
"Your forum signature was removed as it was considered to be inappropriate and a breach of our Code of Conduct."

...it was quotes. from the forum. lolz!
"
robmafia wrote:
"
Pizzarugi wrote:

wow, they prefer the echo chamber of reddit? YOU DON'T SAY.

it's as if that was the point.

Civil conversations = echo chamber

k

Do you really believe that snarky attitude of yours is incentive for GGG to want to engage in conversation with you and a number of other users here?

I'm not saying you should kiss up to them. However, you can make criticisms towards their design behaviors and philosophies without accusing them of something nefarious, insulting, or adding a mountain of snark and sarcasm that comes off as overly hostile.
PoE players: Our game has a wide diversity of builds.

Also PoE players: The [league mechanic] doesn't need to be nerfed, you just need to play a [current meta] build!

MFers found strength in their Afflictions. They became reliant on them. I am not so foolish.
Last edited by Pizzarugi on Dec 1, 2019, 9:38:41 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info