[3.9] Burning Arrow Chieftain League Start - Budget Friendly

Should I swap Stormfire for The Taming ring? According to the Path of Building, The Taming is boosting the ignite damage.
"
ryderbg wrote:
Should I swap Stormfire for The Taming ring? According to the Path of Building, The Taming is boosting the ignite damage.

It's a tossup. Stormfire is going to be better the more lightning damage you have. It's also better for clearing as you'll stack up the burning damage bonus. Taming has better stats other than damage. I don't think you'll see a profound difference in damage on bosses no matter which you choose.

I'm clearing T15's right now with ease with a 5 link Xoph's and without bothering to replace GMP for bosses. As soon as I start sustaining T16 I'll try and get some gameplay videos.

I went a bit of a different route, though, and run malachai's artifice with storm brand for elemental equilibrium and forsake the fire damage to burning enemies on my gloves. I'm also using the asenath's chant helmet with elemental weakness / flammability / wave of conviction / cold snap. So each time I attack I also lower the target's resists further. Cold snap gives frenzy charge generation and chill, and the chill adds 1% life leech through the belt. Also thinking of swapping ele weakness for temp chains for more defense / debuff duration. And if I'm up against a nasty life regen heavy metamorph, I swap in frost bomb for cold snap to drop the regen by 75%.

I also went for a little more defense by replacing herald of fire with flesh and stone. And I use malevolence instead of anger. Its better DPS and the skill duration affects the "extra" ignites.

For mana sustain / freeze immunity I run an endurng hybrid flask of heat thats basically always up while mapping, and as soon as I have the currency for it plan to put hardened scars on an amulet so the flask will also give fortify.

I'm also thinkning of switching to an awakened unbound ailments as support for burning arrow. It's a small dps loss but significantly increases ignite duration such that once you proc Ngamahu the big ignite you get during the buff should last while you are waiting to get the buff back again.
Last edited by rpgambit on Dec 25, 2019, 11:22:07 AM
To be clear, are we using lightning to better trigger crits for EO? If so, I am thinking of using an arc totem in body armor. Arc would be set up for max crit chances. Or would there be a better choice like one of the new ballistas?

Thoughts?
"
rpgambit wrote:
"
ryderbg wrote:

It's a tossup. Stormfire is going to be better the more lightning damage you have. It's also better for clearing as you'll stack up the burning damage bonus. Taming has better stats other than damage. I don't think you'll see a profound difference in damage on bosses no matter which you choose.

I'm clearing T15's right now with ease with a 5 link Xoph's and without bothering to replace GMP for bosses. As soon as I start sustaining T16 I'll try and get some gameplay videos.

I went a bit of a different route, though, and run malachai's artifice with storm brand for elemental equilibrium and forsake the fire damage to burning enemies on my gloves. I'm also using the asenath's chant helmet with elemental weakness / flammability / wave of conviction / cold snap. So each time I attack I also lower the target's resists further. Cold snap gives frenzy charge generation and chill, and the chill adds 1% life leech through the belt. Also thinking of swapping ele weakness for temp chains for more defense / debuff duration. And if I'm up against a nasty life regen heavy metamorph, I swap in frost bomb for cold snap to drop the regen by 75%.

I also went for a little more defense by replacing herald of fire with flesh and stone. And I use malevolence instead of anger. Its better DPS and the skill duration affects the "extra" ignites.

For mana sustain / freeze immunity I run an endurng hybrid flask of heat thats basically always up while mapping, and as soon as I have the currency for it plan to put hardened scars on an amulet so the flask will also give fortify.

I'm also thinkning of switching to an awakened unbound ailments as support for burning arrow. It's a small dps loss but significantly increases ignite duration such that once you proc Ngamahu the big ignite you get during the buff should last while you are waiting to get the buff back again.

Did you end up rerolling?

And more so, how are people liking this build? My concern is how it performs vs metamorphs and the late game in 3.9. Made my exalts as a summoner and have had a lot of curiosity about the new burning arrow, but skeptical.
Any videos on how well this build can handle juiced up metamorhps in higher tier maps? This is the main concern I have in this build tbh...
Decided to try this version of Burning Arrow, rerolled from the Trickster version of the build.

Still missing roughly 20 levels from where I was with my Trickster, but so far so good :P

Is it better to use Drillneck, or is Signal Fire the better choice?

I got +1 Pierce on my boots

"
Wertron wrote:
Decided to try this version of Burning Arrow, rerolled from the Trickster version of the build.

Still missing roughly 20 levels from where I was with my Trickster, but so far so good :P

Is it better to use Drillneck, or is Signal Fire the better choice?

I got +1 Pierce on my boots

I definitely prefer Drillneck over Signal Fire. Here's my current gear for reference:

I can run high tier maps without much trouble. Working toward T16 currently. Clearing maps is a joke even iwth a 5 link. I haven't had any trouble with mana even on single target. Damage is consistent enough that I'm prioritizing defenses now. Once I get t16 I will put out a better video showcasing the capabilities of the build.

Edit: My drillneck doesn't have pierce so i'm using the shitty pierce jewel in the meantime.
Uh oh, Stinky
Last edited by BDZLE on Dec 28, 2019, 10:45:46 PM
"
BDZLE wrote:

Edit: My drillneck doesn't have pierce so i'm using the shitty pierce jewel in the meantime.

I can't believe you need that 0.5 % leech over the the pierce without investing in leech rate.

Also, I believe malachai's loop is by far the best DMG option you can have on rings for single target, and clearing is already a joke.
Hello everyone, ive seen that most of you play sc, and becuase i wanted it to work on hc Ive add a bit more survi.

Spoiler

Currently Im at 7.7k HP and 5 endu charges up all time. Ive done fair amount of t16 but juiced metamorhps sometimes need a lot of running around. Thinking about upgrading my dps right now a bit. I know i need new ring,working on it right now. But other than that, what gonna give me more? New awokened gems or maybe watcher's eye?
I like the build,love you guys. ss everyone
I'm using this guide with a small change: I went dual curse when I crafted this ring:

T16 review:
This build is great end game however those 1 shot deaths will fuck you up if you get hit. If you're running a map with lots of buffs you have to be careful that the Metamorphs don't 1 shot you. In most cases you'll be able to smash the metamorphs however it'll always involve you kiting. You'll run through the t16 1 shotting everything otherwise.

T16 magic/rare mobs: 1 shot clears them out.
T16 exiles/bosses: cleared in a few shots. map mods might mean you get 1 shotted so be careful.
T16 metamorphs: the fun part. you'll clear most of these easily as long as you keep kiting. they hit hard: lots of 1 shot deaths happen if you don't pay attention to the fight.

Here are more of the items I've self crafted for my build (still a wip):

Last edited by m0e on Dec 29, 2019, 4:16:07 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info