[3.9] Burning Arrow Chieftain League Start - Budget Friendly

"
AsuraPandav wrote:
I was thinking of using this build as Delirium league start, but according to the podcast with devs, Ignite Proliferation is not going to work on mobs spawned by Delirium as they don't have corpses. I've never played an ignite build, so I'm not really familiar with ignites, but this makes the build not good for Delirium right? Or is there something I'm missing on the unique bow that makes this a non issue.

I think it's too early to tell how this will affect the builds performance in 3.10. It should be a non-issue with how quickly the build kills trash mobs though. Fortunately we still retain the massive dps bonus from the built-in Xoph's prolif support. Plus, HoA should still provide some valuable aoe on our shots.

Of course, going in to 3.10 I will be reviewing the skill tree and item selection to see if cluster jewels or new uniques have anything to offer.

I will likely roll this build in 3.10 unless blade summoner somehow becomes the new meta.

I appreciate the interest. :)
Uh oh, Stinky
"
Tempered Mind now grants -1 to Intelligence per Intelligence on allocated Passives and 2% increased Mana Recovery Rate per 10 Intelligence on allocated Passives.

Transcendent Spirit now grants -1 Dexterity per Dexterity on allocated Passives, 3% increased Movement Speed per 10 Dexterity on allocated Passives, 2% reduced Movement Speed per 10 Dexterity on unallocated Passives and +125 to Accuracy Rating per 10 Dexterity on unallocated Passives.

"
You'll need a Tempered Mind to make your hit chance 100%. This jewel is usually around 10-15c early on in the league.

What do you think ? R.I.P. ?
Last edited by Amnexty on Mar 13, 2020, 9:26:30 AM
"
Amnexty wrote:
"
Tempered Mind now grants -1 to Intelligence per Intelligence on allocated Passives and 2% increased Mana Recovery Rate per 10 Intelligence on allocated Passives.

Transcendent Spirit now grants -1 Dexterity per Dexterity on allocated Passives, 3% increased Movement Speed per 10 Dexterity on allocated Passives, 2% reduced Movement Speed per 10 Dexterity on unallocated Passives and +125 to Accuracy Rating per 10 Dexterity on unallocated Passives.

"
You'll need a Tempered Mind to make your hit chance 100%. This jewel is usually around 10-15c early on in the league.

What do you think ? R.I.P. ?

This was an unfortunate change. Since they moved the modifier to Tran-Spirit, that jewel will likely be even more expensive than normal.

There are ways to modify the build to fix the accuracy, but it's going to take some time to figure out the best way to do it.
Uh oh, Stinky
Hi, I have a quesiton about the use of [[Stormfire]] in the build: how do you effectively shock? I'm sitting a 5% chance to shock and around 9% crit, for a combined 14% chance to shock. Is it enough?
Quick heads up if anyone is still looking at this.
In terms of ascendancy choices, if you are using cluster jewels, Ramako looks like a bit of a trap. Already have more than enough ignite chance (If using combustion - if you are using wave of conviction to ignite then need to get a bit on the tree somewhere to cap it, most builds will) so all it gives is 25% fire dot multipler. Which is quite good, but now there are so many sources of this (Cluster jewels, conqueror mods) it's not so valuable.
Ngamahu looks a lot better to me, even if it is a rotating buff.
I've built my variant on this, making heavy use of cluster jewels.
Been trying to push the max res and armour using Prismatic carapace small jewels, which is a nice idea but I might actually be better off just getting more life.

Gear

I need to swap out the bleed flask as I'm immune thanks to watchers eye.
Highlight of the gear is that ring - I managed to annul off three terrible mods. I will warlord exalt it when I can afford, 2 good mods (Which should eb weighted by the quality), 2 ok and only one bad result.
Made this too, though is hardly any more damage than my current one, I really could do with some more flat phys somewhere.

Maybe I should swap out a small cluster jewel for a decent flat phys and life abyssal.

PoB
https://pastebin.com/aXKkVeGn

That's with ele equilibrium active from malachai ring, but with Ngamahu bonus off - when active it's a huge damage increase.
The ele equilibrium is a bit hit and miss though. The golem dies a lot, and you can't always recast in a tough fight. I may drop it and use storm brand/orb of storms though it does help with my accuracy and crits for ele overload.

Build is pretty good. Not as much life as I'd really like on a Kaom's build, and it does feel squishier than I thought with overcapped resistances, armour, endurance charges and life regen.
Bit of pressure on sockets even though I'm using an aspect on gear and an unset ring. I was running a lvl 4 enlighten (Lucky vaal) and precision but I had to drop and grab a bit more accuracy on gear so I could squeeze in blood rage and a CWDT setup.
Mana is a bit of an issue too sometimes, our on hit damage is low so we don't leech much.

I would have quit the game if not for this guide, so first, I have to thank you.
I am Burning Arrow Raider and is uncomfortable with showing my build but
I have some questions.
My questions are for end game equipments in standard, currently I have stick to Growth and Decay annointment for the amulet, and yes it works great but there are two other options Lava Lash and Whispers of Doom.
Spoiler
Lava Lash - 30% increased Fire Damage with Attack Skills
Damage with Weapons Penetrates 8% Fire Resistance
+8% to Fire Damage over Time Multiplier

Whispers of Doom - You can apply an additional Curse

Growth and Decay - 20% increased Damage over Time
Regenerate 1% of Life per second
+10% to Damage over Time Multiplier

So for Lava Lash, i get -2% DOT multiplier to get 8% fire resist penetrates, sounds huge.

But if I go to Whispers of Doom, and get a lvl 12 Elemental weakness on hit on my high templar gloves which I already have a lvl 12 Despair on hit. (Ignore Despair, it's in my build already.)
That would be -10% DOT multiplier for 31% fire resist penetrates, isn't this insane good?
I understand that DOT multiplier are superior most of the time, however since normal and magic creatures dies 1 hit anyway, why not use fire resist penetrates for rare creatures and conquerors?

All my equips are essential so I can't switch to an additional curse equip except for my helm which there are no additional curse for helms.

Too long to read: Should i change from Growth and Decay to Whispers of Doom to activate level 12 elemental weakness on hit for 31% fire resist penetrates?
"
mina97 wrote:
I would have quit the game if not for this guide, so first, I have to thank you.
I have some questions.
My questions are for end game equipments in standard, currently I have stick to Growth and Decay annointment for the amulet, and yes it works great but there are two other options Lava Lash and Whispers of Doom.
Spoiler

So for Lava Lash, i get -2% DOT multiplier to get 8% fire resist penetrates, sounds huge.

But if I go to Whispers of Doom, and get a lvl 12 Elemental weakness on hit on my high templar gloves which I already have a lvl 12 Despair on hit. (Ignore Despair, it's in my build already.)
That would be -10% DOT multiplier for 31% fire resist penetrates, isn't this insane good?
I understand that DOT multiplier are superior most of the time, however since normal and magic creatures dies 1 hit anyway, why not use fire resist penetrates for rare creatures and conquerors?

All my equips are essential so I can't switch to an additional curse equip except for my helm which there are no additional curse for helms.

Too long to read: Should i change from Growth and Decay to Whispers of Doom to activate level 12 elemental weakness on hit for 31% fire resist penetrates?

Couple of pointers

Fire penetration only works on hits, not damage over time so the fire pen of lava lash doesn't really help with burning arrow.
Extra curse is decent, but bosses have less effect of curses on them, and endgame bosses like shaper/elder/sirus etc have even less.
Which is better will depend on your overall setup. Best bet is to import your character into path of building, ensure you have set the enemy to 'Shaper' in the configuration tab and try both options.

Spoiler
"
Carlovski wrote:
"
mina97 wrote:
I have some questions.
Spoiler

Couple of pointers

Fire penetration only works on hits, not damage over time so the fire pen of lava lash doesn't really help with burning arrow.
Extra curse is decent, but bosses have less effect of curses on them, and endgame bosses like shaper/elder/sirus etc have even less.
Which is better will depend on your overall setup. Best bet is to import your character into path of building, ensure you have set the enemy to 'Shaper' in the configuration tab and try both options.

Got it! Thanks a lot.
I am damage over time similar to this guide.

From https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Curse
"The Shaper and his guardians / The Elder and Elder Guardians have 66% less Curse Effect."
I am guessing conquerors are similar, so Additional Curse Elemental weakness 31% x 0.34 = 10.54% fire resist penetrates, it does not looks good at all now.

I am so glad I did not bought the 25ex hands of the high templar, POE really makes you impulsive at times.

Also there is no need to consider Temporal Chains, Enfeeble as I am using curse on hit which have lower stats multiplied by 66% less Curse Effect, it is not worth so much ex to craft.
Last edited by mina97 on Apr 1, 2020, 9:47:29 AM
"
mina97 wrote:

Also there is no need to consider Temporal Chains, Enfeeble as I am using curse on hit which have lower stats multiplied by 66% less Curse Effect, it is not worth so much ex to craft.

Defensive curses are possibly more worthwhile as they are effective against mobs, which can be very dangerous in high tier maps with lots of modifiers.
Also fully effective in Delve if you do that.
Offensive ones too if it helps you burn down enemies more quickly.
I'm using lioneyes boots to curse using the triggered rain of arrows, so I can use a lvl 20 curse (And a quality curse on hit for curse effect)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info