[3.9] Burning Arrow Chieftain League Start - Budget Friendly

"
Did you end up rerolling?

And more so, how are people liking this build? My concern is how it performs vs metamorphs and the late game in 3.9. Made my exalts as a summoner and have had a lot of curiosity about the new burning arrow, but skeptical.

I did reroll but nothing to do with the build and everything to do with my inability to stick with one character. As soon as I see something new and shiny I roll it up, generally. Was trying out a storm brand LL trickster tank.

I think I'm going to go back to this character for a bit now, though. At least until I fully gear it up and see its full potential.

I love the playstyle of the build. The clear is great and the single target is very nice. I take down T16 metamorphs with a little kiting but with no real problems and I'm still using a 5 link bow with GMP. At my current health I do occasionally get 1 shot if I'm not careful and its a particularly nasty boss. I think getting hardened scars for fortify will significantly increase qol in that department.
hello everyone while this build is fun i am having truble on maps always dying and on metamorphs aswell and i feel i do no dmg this is my character https://pastebin.com/DtA0nk99

I think many players are quitting this build. I spend around 20ex on the gear and looks OK up to T14. Can anyone tell me how is on the upper tiers. Feel like the damage is quite low.
"
ryderbg wrote:
I think many players are quitting this build. I spend around 20ex on the gear and looks OK up to T14. Can anyone tell me how is on the upper tiers. Feel like the damage is quite low.

I'm having a great time with it. I rolled something else for a little bit because I had an idea I wanted to try out, but I have a week of vacation this week so I plan to flesh this one out to completion and try and get some T16 / Boss vids up. I'm clearing T16 with no problems other than getting occasionally one shot by T16 metamorphs. With about a 10-15ex investment into the 4 awakened supports this build can use plus the malevolence watcher's eye you can get your DPS to the 2.5-3mil range. More if you pop a vaal burning arrow during Ngamahu.

PoB dps is hard to trust because it uses average damage to determine ignite damage where most of the time you'll have an above average ignite ticking. It also can't handle the 35% faster ignite damage on the belt, the 8% faster from the tree, or the 13% from malevolence watcher eye (running 3ex right now, so not bad). So that right there is 56% more damage PoB doesnt account for. It also can't handle ngamahu's flame which if you're using temp chains and awakened unbound ailments has a lot of effective uptime.

The task at hand is getting survivability up enough to not get capped by T16 metamorphs. The dps is definitely there. I may end up divesting from DPS nodes for more health in the end. It also has great regen, so if you don't get one shot, you top off very quickly.

Here's the PoB I'm currently theorycrafting with. It's my actual character plus a 6 link bow and the awakened gems I plan to get and I added a buff to Tempered Mind to account for Ngamahu being up 70% of the time. Honestly the uptime is likely higher but I wanted to be conservative. Remember to add 56% to the shown ignite DPS and then 200% to that since you can stack 5 40% "bonus" ignites from burning arrow.

https://pastebin.com/TNsdqEVa
Im thinking what the guy above me says. Taking some dps down to increase survivability.

Ive been doing t16-s no problem. The same issue i have sometimes i get rekt by 1 shot metamorph.

I've just compiled a few things i can change in my build and not sure which way to go yet, but i think one of the easier and probably better ones should be ditching drill neck for a rare quiver for more hp res and damage, and getting the 2 pierce notable on the ointment instead of the decay.

Im also considering removing my ele hit from my gloves to move it to a ring or soelf cast or curse on hit and maybe even add a 2nd curse as it would only take 3 points on the tree. Im really not sure.

This is my current gear:

Im open to suggestions or any input.

it is an awesome build.

I really like my amulet, because of the free charges i get to generate, it helps with movement, i also use phase run with flame dash, to be able to position better have a great life in delve or when i need to cut through the mobs around the metamorph.

I want to craft a better helmet with the -%res on it too.

Last edited by Gizdalord on Dec 30, 2019, 8:49:30 PM
Hello,

First off: good job moving this build forward.

Some notes: I believe the new catalysts actually effect the 'enemies ignited by attacks burn faster' on Dyadian Dawn, meaning you can get a 42% faster burn with it. Should be mandatory for anyone making this build I feel.

Secondly, I think two curses from either Chant or Lionseye Paw is smart (Paw being better when you get awakened curse on hit to deal with hexproof), but wonder if elemental weakness + flammability is not better than temporal chains for better constant dps.

With the helmet what I might say is remove cold snap and put in decoy totem, given the talk here is about survival. Having every third arrow spawn new decoy totem should do wonders to keeping attention off of you.
Last edited by faytte on Dec 30, 2019, 9:10:51 PM
Is Heavy Draw really worth the two points? To my understanding, the "increased physical damage with bows" is not factored in for ignite damage, right?

15% DoT per point seems a bit on the weak side.
In comparison, Martial Experience gives 18% per point.
Is the 15% hit damage itself that important? Or am I missing something else?

Also, wouldn't the Thick Skin line (14% life, 8% chance to ignore ailments, 10 dex) be worth it over three 5% life nodes?
I swap Starkonja to Asenath's Chant and feel much better. It casts Wave of Conviction, Flame Golem, Steelskin and Temporal Chains. Giving me a window to attack the Metamorph and some survivability. The only problem was Dexterity, which I got from tree.
Hey there, just started this build.
I guess you can increase your survivability by taking Tawhoa and +3 endurance charges from the tree.
Also, why Stormfire? I don't see much lightning damage stacking, wouldn't a rare ring or even taming be better?
"
faytte wrote:
Hello,

First off: good job moving this build forward.

Some notes: I believe the new catalysts actually effect the 'enemies ignited by attacks burn faster' on Dyadian Dawn, meaning you can get a 42% faster burn with it. Should be mandatory for anyone making this build I feel.

Secondly, I think two curses from either Chant or Lionseye Paw is smart (Paw being better when you get awakened curse on hit to deal with hexproof), but wonder if elemental weakness + flammability is not better than temporal chains for better constant dps.

With the helmet what I might say is remove cold snap and put in decoy totem, given the talk here is about survival. Having every third arrow spawn new decoy totem should do wonders to keeping attention off of you.

Just checked out the catalysts and they do in fact work. Good call on that, that's like 5% more damage for free. Very cool.

I may eventually swap to lioneye paw...I have to theorycraft the gem setup with the paws. I hadn't looked at awakened curse on hit before. Not only does it allow a chance to curse through hexproof but it gives you +1 curse? Ridiculous. On the other hand I hate the idea of having to cast wave of conviction... Definitely a good idea and maybe the better way to go in the end.

As for ele weakness vs temp chains, that's what I had been using all along. I swapped to temp chains for a little added defense from the slow and the more consistently high ignite dps on bosses. The clearspeed is already very good so no real sacrifice there, and I think getting a couple more seconds out of a ngamahu ignite is a nice dps bump. Either work though.

Decoy totem is a thought...I like the chill + temp chains slow combination, and cold snap chill gives extra 1% life leech through the belt. I'll try it out though and see how it feels, thanks for the suggestion.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info