[3.9] Burning Arrow Chieftain League Start - Budget Friendly

"
Ansem3 wrote:
"
Ansem3 wrote:
Besides very glaring upgrades (6L bow, chest [chest is currently just filling in res missing, cold/lightning] and annointment) what else could I realisticly grab to upgrade my dps? I have some decent jewels, a kaoms was only giving me like 10k ignite dps which was really odd.

I'd like someone to put my character into PoB and see what I'm missing? Dps is good but feels like it could be better.

Thanks.

I'm currently looking at a "The Taming" and PoB is showing to not be an upgrade, while it very clearly is. Any reason this might be?

Did you go to the configuration tab and find the "number of ignites/freeze/shock" and increase that number
not necessary use mirage archer? why you use minion nodes on this build?

I'm doing a trickster version, but i think overall the chieftain version has higher end game damage and feels tanky even if the leveling experience sucks.

I assume as a chieftain you have more fire pen, should i run the scorching ray totems ?

I'm still missing the kaom's hearth and a gem setup to get rid off essence worm.
"
JudeMorrigan wrote:
"
Gizdalord wrote:
h
Also i dont quite understand the use of the stormfire. it makes our lightning damage shock and ignite. The point here is that we can also shock? And added lightning will be as good as added fire? Isnt the normal ignite from fire enough?

Note the "(4-6)% increased Burning Damage for each time you have Shocked a Non-Shocked Enemy Recently" mod. We do rather a lot of burning damage.

You dont shock though, unless you use yoke of the suffering.
discord id: dejuvenate#5828
Guides
[3.13 Ritual] Flameslinger - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3009295
[3.5 Betrayal] Brutus AW Chieftain - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2320224
[3.4 Delve] Toxic Rain - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2207700
"
dejuvenate wrote:

I think some people are speccing into Divine Wrath for some lightning added to phys.. and some flat lightning damage.

Also, would Malevolence be better than Anger? PoB not telling me much, but maybe I am missing a setting..
I can see in PoB that an Anger watcher's eye adds about 100k ignite DPS. A top end rare jewel is barely more than that. What's the reason you haven't added or mentioned a watcher's eye? And I'm curious if anyone has any ideas for secondary mods (or even 3rd) to chase for this build on a watchers eye. thx!
How much added lightning damage to attacks do we need on gear to make stormfire effective?

Would Pyre be better if you dont have much added lightning damage?

Thanks for this guide.
So, I've hit a wall DPS wise. The gameplay is fun and I like the build mechanic, but with the gear I can afford, I'm not able to progress into red maps and regularly get demolished by the atlas bosses.

Things that would probably help, but are beyond my budget (or RNG):
- 6-link
- Flasks
- ele weakness gloves
- jewels (from the build guide)
- enchantment

Just failed to do Atziri in the Temple (lvl 78) because I could barely damage her. Of course she's supposed to be hard, but I did the regular one without problem and thought it might be possible.

Pastebin: https://pastebin.com/9Nby3RDR

How do I keep going? Just grind out yellow maps? For the record, I don't normally make more than 5 ex per league, total and so, I'm a bit apprehensive about the being able to ever afford the gear to get this build to end-game.

"
dejuvenate wrote:
"
JudeMorrigan wrote:
"
Gizdalord wrote:
h
Also i dont quite understand the use of the stormfire. it makes our lightning damage shock and ignite. The point here is that we can also shock? And added lightning will be as good as added fire? Isnt the normal ignite from fire enough?

Note the "(4-6)% increased Burning Damage for each time you have Shocked a Non-Shocked Enemy Recently" mod. We do rather a lot of burning damage.

What about the Storm's Gift gloves ?

Last edited by Artwebb1986 on Dec 22, 2019, 10:12:38 PM
"
orionite wrote:
So, I've hit a wall DPS wise. The gameplay is fun and I like the build mechanic, but with the gear I can afford, I'm not able to progress into red maps and regularly get demolished by the atlas bosses.

Things that would probably help, but are beyond my budget (or RNG):
- 6-link
- Flasks
- ele weakness gloves
- jewels (from the build guide)
- enchantment

Just failed to do Atziri in the Temple (lvl 78) because I could barely damage her. Of course she's supposed to be hard, but I did the regular one without problem and thought it might be possible.

Pastebin: https://pastebin.com/9Nby3RDR

How do I keep going? Just grind out yellow maps? For the record, I don't normally make more than 5 ex per league, total and so, I'm a bit apprehensive about the being able to ever afford the gear to get this build to end-game.

Your gear is in an okay state, but here are a few cheap changes you should consider doing immediately:

You're not using a Stormfire. Be careful when simply looking at what PoB says it does for your damage. When replacing it with your rare ring, it says you lose a couple K ignite dps. However, you are going to be shocking packs (low amount, so don't tick "Enemies are shocked" int the config, as this assumes max potency shock. But it's still an increase in dps) and stack the 5% additive damage multiplier on Stormfire for each enemy shocked recently (last 4 sec.). This is a lot of dps, even one such stack will out dps your rare ring already. Pyre is okay for now I'd say personally - but it will be outperformed later on with more flat damage/elemental damage to scale into your stormfire and ignites.

Use combustion instead of Swift Affliction for now. Combustion is mandatory due to it's fire res debuff. Add Swift Affliction back in as your 6Link.

Get your uber lab done asap. You could utilize global 820 (/join global 820 in chat) to find the trials you are missing. The Ngamahu node is very big! Remember that that buff once every 10 seconds for 4 seconds is more than 40% uptime. You can start hitting/igniting as soon as the buff starts, and those ignites will run for 3.5 or so seconds after the buff is already gone. Making the uptime around 7 seconds reliably as long as you keep hitting (which you should, since ignite now stacks a debuff that burns for equal to 39% of your ignite dps).

Get the Tempered Mind jewel in the right slot. Your hit chance will very quickly fall off in the next few levels. Really need to be hit-capped to reliably ignite and stay alive. You could wait a few lvls to do this probably. Keep an eye on your hit chance.

And the biggest one for now: Get yourself a pair of gloves with the following mod "# to # added Fire Damage against Burning Enemies". They roll a very high number and are cheap. Huge dps increase over your gloves until you can get some GG gloves with, as you said yoursel

Those five changes are significant and all cheap too. After that, you're looking to start stacking more flat physical damage, flat fire damage, and fire over time multipliers. Also - your jewels are somewhat poor, can be upgraded very cheaply with dual dps mods.

Other than that, just farm away at maps until you find yourself some currency to get your 6Link xoph's, if you end up playing that long/much. :)

One quick suggestion I can make, is that you can click Edit on any item, and in its description at the bottom, type a manual affix. For example "Adds 5 to 10 physical damage to attacks" and same with fire. Or +% to fire damage over time multiplier. This way you can check for your own character what these stats add in terms of raw ignite dps when you typed it and hover over the Save button. You have a decent amount on your gear, but check the balance ratio between phys and fire. Phys is muuuuch more potent.

Quick edit: You should buy yourself some quality gems for your main setup and start lvling them up in your offhand. Not all quality on all gems is useful for your build or dps, but many are. Check the wiki or PoB. Particularly, the quality on burning arrow adds a more multipler. Big.
Last edited by rEDNiNE150 on Dec 23, 2019, 12:26:36 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info