ExileCon Recap

"
nogenem wrote:
U forgot to talk about the SHIT IDEA of using RNG for the tw drops, tho... --' Thats the only shit thing that i remember from the 16h that i watched...

It was RNG on two levels. First u need to get a drop and after that most likely u get shit MTX 60% chance if we believe in GGGs numbers ofc.

I got drops in very last hour of 2nd day(absolutely nothing after stream btw! so im sure 100% it didnt even count me 1st day, that was brutal scam. Thats why they "doubled" the zero drop chance for 2nd day). After 1st day got zero. Been watchning all the time almost no AFK. So yes i got some shitty pet, eyes but i still think this is a scam and most unfair thing i ever seen. Im saying this cos there is so many ppl with NOTHING. I support these ppl i can feel their anger cos I was just 1cm away from not getting anything...

Some ppl have 9 drops many many have 0. Why when they could just give 3 drops if you watched full 16hrs stream and it would be fair.
"
ayemjake20 wrote:
"
Aziraphale wrote:
"
ayemjake20 wrote:
actually someone already did the math for it with the 1.5% dice rolling every 5 minutes, and indeed anyone who's watched the whole thing from day 1 - 2 are guaranteed a drop.
guaranteed... It's crazy to me how there can be this many PoE players that don't understand how RNG works.
Actually only around 1.8% of the participants will not get the drop, but the amount of people outraged right now tells me that theres way too many people who didnt receive the rewards, if not it wouldnt had escalated to this level.

To break it down for you, I quoted the guy who did the calculations and For the sake of fairness, this guy actually received drops so he had nothing to complain about, he just made computations for the sake of those who didnt receive theirs...

And i quote:

480 minutes of watching stream at day 1
420 minutes day 2
96 attempts to roll 1.5% at day 1 = 23.4357% chance to get nothing
84 attempts to roll 3% at day 2 - 7.74151% chance to get nothing

Then put these numbers in probability calculator an check the line "Probability that neither A or B occurs. And it's = 1.814277%
1.8% to get nothing

https://www.omnicalculator.com/statistics/probability?c=RUB&v=not_b:7.74151!perc,not_a:23.4357!perc

So yeah obviously the amount of people who didnt get the rewards are way too many.
We are talking about 1.8% of people who had the stream running live for every single minute on both days, while being logged in with a linked Twitch account.

How many people really did all of that? There are certainly going to be quite a bit more than 1.8% who feel like they "should have" received something.

Edit: I thought the math was wrong at first because I didn't know about the doubled "droprate" on day 2. Sorry.
Last edited by Joker on Nov 19, 2019, 12:09:39 PM
"
"

"
ayemjake20 wrote:
actually someone already did the math for it with the 1.5% dice rolling every 5 minutes, and indeed anyone who's watched the whole thing from day 1 - 2 are guaranteed a drop.
guaranteed... It's crazy to me how there can be this many PoE players that don't understand how RNG works.
Actually only around 1.8% of the participants will not get the drop, but the amount of people outraged right now tells me that theres way too many people who didnt receive the rewards, if not it wouldnt had escalated to this level.

To break it down for you, I quoted the guy who did the calculations and For the sake of fairness, this guy actually received drops so he had nothing to complain about, he just made computations for the sake of those who didnt receive theirs...

And i quote:

480 minutes of watching stream at day 1
420 minutes day 2
96 attempts to roll 1.5% at day 1 = 23.4357% chance to get nothing
84 attempts to roll 3% at day 2 - 7.74151% chance to get nothing

Then put these numbers in probability calculator an check the line "Probability that neither A or B occurs. And it's = 1.814277%
1.8% to get nothing

https://www.omnicalculator.com/statistics/probability?c=RUB&v=not_b:7.74151!perc,not_a:23.4357!perc

So yeah obviously the amount of people who didnt get the rewards are way too many.That calculation is wrong. There's no 3% chance every 5 minutes on day 2.

It's 1.5% chance every 5 minutes on each day, so you simply add the available minutes of both days together and put them into a cumulative probability calculator.

Let's say 960 minutes total, meaning 192 rolls at 1.5% chance = ~5.5% average chance to get nothing in the end

And we are talking about 5.5% of people who had the stream running live for every single minute on both days, while being logged in with a linked Twitch account.

How many people really did all of that? There are certainly going to be quite a bit more than 5.5% who feel like they "should have" received something.

No actually it was 3% on day 2... GGG increased it because they thought THAT was the cause of the drop issue AND THEY WERE WRONG...
My life is slipping away...
Addiction is a harsh drug...
Last edited by EstocSlayer on Nov 19, 2019, 12:12:29 PM
"
EstocSlayer wrote:
No actually it was 3% on day 2... GGG increased it because they thought THAT was the cause of the drop issue AND THEY WERE WRONG...
Thank you for the information.

I had just noticed this myself and edited my post, about 40 seconds before you posted. Bad timing.
Awesome <333.
GGG thank you for all the great things you are doing. You have combined every element of all other great Rpg's and joined them together as one Diamond, that will shine Forever.

This is coming straight from the heart <3
Thank you GGG for an awesome event. I wish I could’ve been there in person. Watching the stream was so much fun, like someone else said, it felt like early Christmas. You guys should be proud of everything you’ve accomplished. PoE has come a long way, and I’m beyond hyped for what comes next!

To those who missed out on the drops, I’m sorry you feel cheated by something which was never promised to be anything more than a bonus for watching the stream. RNG can be cruel, but then playing this game you should already know that. It’s sad if you let something like some random mtx drops ruin your enjoyment of a free stream, and showcase of new free content to come. I hope you take a breath and just move on, either to another game, or to a healthier perspective.
Looking forward to see the interview with Brevik and the Shaefers. Intrested to hear their opinion on POE.

Hope it will be published soon.
"
Joker wrote:
"
EstocSlayer wrote:

I had just noticed this myself and edited my post, about 40 seconds before you posted. Bad timing.

Yh pretty hard to reply quickly from a phone when forum is screaming about a quote limit. Took me a while to edit it from here. Would have taken much less time if i was home at my pc haha
My life is slipping away...
Addiction is a harsh drug...

I spent 16 hours watching the streamer and although it seems to me unfair that some received more than 5 drops and I did not any, it seems to me enough to see the game grow, to continue enjoying it.

Very thanks GGG :)

sorry for my English
Last edited by ArrX8 on Nov 19, 2019, 1:38:21 PM
"
EstocSlayer wrote:
"
Joker wrote:
"
EstocSlayer wrote:

So you're blaming GGG instead of RNG now? Ok boomer

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info