[3.15] Spectral Shield Throw Bleed Gladiator - tanky & fast mapping - good scaling - all content

"
el_indio wrote:
"
ressiv wrote:

Can you link me to that lower damage on SST gem?

It’s in the patch notes. The base damage at level 20 has been halved from last league. Also the added damage per 15 armour has been lowered a bit. And the Uber lab enchant that was previously +5 projectiles is now +3 instead.

I see, so its mostly the attack damage.
"Now has 3 to 4 Added Physical Damage per 15 Armour or Evasion Rating on Shield at gem level 1 (previously 4 to 5), up to 5 to 7 at gem level 20 (previously 6 to 8)."

Not sure how to calculate it but if its a loss of lets say 15% bleed damage I am ok with that.
I think shield throw glad will still work and be good especially since we should have higher base armor on shields from the changes which does offset the nerfs a bit. I am not sure if bleed will be the way to go though. The ignore enemy defense might make it better to just scale the physical damage.
That said I didn't have time to play the last league practically at all so I am not sure how much it will hurt.
Last edited by Maethorr on Oct 15, 2021, 3:47:54 AM
"
Maethorr wrote:
I think shield throw glad will still work and be good especially since we should have higher base armor on shields from the changes which does offset the nerfs a bit. I am not sure if bleed will be the way to go though. The ignore enemy defense might make it better to just scale the physical damage.
That said I didn't have time to play the last league practically at all so I am not sure how much it will hurt.

Indeed, just looked it up, here's the 15% back again:
Base Types are now generated with a random 0-15% (on average) higher base defence, as an inbuilt property. This means that all base types can be better than they currently are, and armour base types are not homogeneous any more.

I think this build will still be good, especially if it's easier to fit in both Pride + Malevolence now.
"
ressiv wrote:

I see, so its mostly the attack damage.
"Now has 3 to 4 Added Physical Damage per 15 Armour or Evasion Rating on Shield at gem level 1 (previously 4 to 5), up to 5 to 7 at gem level 20 (previously 6 to 8)."

Not sure how to calculate it but if its a loss of lets say 15% bleed damage I am ok with that.

"
Spectral Shield Throw now has a base Attack Time of 0.65 seconds at all gem levels (previously 0.7-0.6 seconds).

Now has 3 to 4 Added Physical Damage per 15 Armour or Evasion Rating on Shield at gem level 1 (previously 4 to 5), up to 5 to 7 at gem level 20 (previously 6 to 8).

Now deals 47 to 70 Base Off Hand Physical Damage at gem level 1 (previously 58 to 86), up to 203 to 304 at gem level 20 (previously 399 to 599).

It's not attack damage, it's the base damage that bleed scales from. It's basically gone back to what it was in 3.14, except all the nerfs to support gems and DoT multi still remain.

You might be right about a 15% loss, but defences will also be lowered.
"
Maethorr wrote:

If you don't go bleed then you will most likely need to use Hatred and other ways of gaining phys as an element. Or convert it all to an element. I doubt SST is viable as a purely phys attack.
"
ressiv wrote:

Base Types are now generated with a random 0-15% (on average) higher base defence, as an inbuilt property. This means that all base types can be better than they currently are, and armour base types are not homogeneous any more.

I think this build will still be good, especially if it's easier to fit in both Pride + Malevolence now.

That is just to replace the loss of % quality craft which has been removed. Probably won't make any difference to the amount of armour on the shield.
"
el_indio wrote:
"
ressiv wrote:

That is just to replace the loss of % quality craft which has been removed. Probably won't make any difference to the amount of armour on the shield.

Oh didnt know it was removed.
"
el_indio wrote:
If you don't go bleed then you will most likely need to use Hatred and other ways of gaining phys as an element. Or convert it all to an element. I doubt SST is viable as a purely phys attack.

It honestly shouldn't be that bad to run pure phy with the ignore physical damage reduction and lucky damage glad will get. That actually makes straight physical without bleed a more realistic option I think. Conversion should actually be worse since we wouldn't have a huge amount of pen/reduce resists.
Anyone knowledgeable going to play around with pob to see how this build will do in 3.16?
"
ressiv wrote:
Anyone knowledgeable going to play around with pob to see how this build will do in 3.16?

Seems like most builds will lose a lot of life. Also a lot of masteries aren't done yet in the PoB Community Fork
Last edited by MemesReborn on Oct 19, 2021, 12:17:39 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info