[3.15] Spectral Shield Throw Bleed Gladiator - tanky & fast mapping - good scaling - all content

Masteries are out now. Looks like you can take a Mastery Specc only one time (eg. if you take several life nodes - you have to take a different specc of the mastery).

Taking masteries require 1 passive point each, so 10 mastery points, one or two travelling-passives and 2 passives for "versatile combat keystone". Thats in total a dozen or more passive we can't spend in other fields.

My biggest thought is: How will block work, with versatile combat? 65% block / 50% spellblock (instead of 75% block / 75 spellblock before). Kinda hefy loss in defense, or am I missing some important key facts?
With roughly the same tree retooled for 3.16 I lost about 10-15% dps (before the big gem change), gained a few hundred HP and lost practically all the spellblock. That tree will definitely not be optimal anymore. I won't be playing this in 3.16 so good luck to anyone trying to figure out how to make this work again!
"
Eridoo wrote:
With roughly the same tree retooled for 3.16 I lost about 10-15% dps (before the big gem change), gained a few hundred HP and lost practically all the spellblock. That tree will definitely not be optimal anymore. I won't be playing this in 3.16 so good luck to anyone trying to figure out how to make this work again!

What are you going to play? Found good builds that are not complete bs?
Any 3.16 update on this build? Anyone that played it in 3.15 can compare to 3.16 PoB? I am considering it for HC, goal is reaching level 90 and doing T14 maps.
"
With roughly the same tree retooled for 3.16 I lost about 10-15% dps (before the big gem change), gained a few hundred HP and lost practically all the spellblock.

Have you taken in account the better +%dot-multi on the tree, too?
"
ressiv wrote:
What are you going to play? Found good builds that are not complete bs?

I think probably zerker rage vortex but I'm not sure, I liked the slam playstyle.

"
diamin15 wrote:
Have you taken in account the better +%dot-multi on the tree, too?

I just took basically the exact tree and spec'd the masteries I thought made most sense and got it to lvl99. I'm sure you can get the same or more dps as 3.15 (on the tree) but you're going to have to do something about the block which might not be bad since you can spec out of some life, or just go for max res or whatever. Also more dot and block on items now.
Last edited by Eridoo on Oct 21, 2021, 10:23:25 PM
"
Eridoo wrote:

I did a quick PoB using the gear I had in standard, it is decent gear but from harvest league. I went with 60/52 block, 79% all resist. I substituted a level 12 SST gem instead of 21. Lost ~30% dps. The change to curse clusters means that an easy source of culling strike is lost (Wish for Death). Thread of hope or Red Nightmare aren't worth using to the left of the Marauder start area.

It might be possible to use pride, malevolence, war banner as well as 1 of herald of purity/flesh and stone/spider aspect with a few points in reservation efficiency but even that and the increased DoT multi on the tree isn't going to make up all the damage lost.

I could potentially get the damage close to what it was but would have to give up 10-15% total life, no +max resist and the block which is already nerfed. I'm not sure how to calculate the loss of defense but i'm going to get hit with twice as much spell damage, and about 20% more from attacks.

This has been my most succesful build i've played, hopefully Pale or someone can revive it.

Hello,

Sorry i was not that active during 3.15. There was a lot was going on and i had too much questions to answer. But as the build was really famous i think everything got handled somehow.

The nerf hits hard, but i think it's still playable, we are just back to the state before and a non-meta build again.

I think everything could be possible. The Über stuff will require a lot of gear.
Before the buff, the build already had some high investments for late late game.

I did a quick update for the leveling pob where i just shifted the notes. With the update of the tree it did not work anymore. (https://pastebin.com/qWAfDnxF)

I did not look at the auras yet. But it should be possible to fit both pride and malevolence. I need to rework the tree, too.
Pathing through the middle with Soul of Steel and Prismatic Skin sounds good to restore some defense. I would run 60/50 block with versatile.

I will try to to update everything asap, but it will not be ready for league start with all the changes.

If you really want to play SST you could also have a look at some Elemental conversion versions, at least for SC. They had silly levels of damage and the jewel did not got nerfed as hard as i expected.

For just a solid mapping start i think you can also start with the Glad.

There is a lot to discover for 3.16 with all the reworks.

I'll keep working on the build, so don't worry it won't die, it just might take a while until everything is figured out.

Greetings
Guides:
Spectral Shield Throw Bleed Gladiator: www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2672813
Shattering Steel Gladiator: www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2839530
Thank you OP I'm with el_indio in that this has been the best build I've ever played and it's taken me the furthest I've ever gotten in end game and the highest level. I just wish I had more time to play as a casual because I could have eventually seen 100 with this build.

The community has been great and very supportive too which has made SST even better. Cheers to all.
Stealth nerf to colossal shield, now the nerfs combined will hit this build hard :(
Going for another starter

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info