[3.15] Spectral Shield Throw Bleed Gladiator - tanky & fast mapping - good scaling - all content

Post deleted - I had inadvertently hijacked prior post
Last edited by The_Shamus on Oct 10, 2021, 6:11:51 AM
"
farbrorfuru wrote:
Been playing this since league launch, loving it. As a casual gamer this is the farthest ive reached in a league. But i just cant seem to get past 1 mil bleed dps. Is there a vital gem swap im missing or how can i be that far from 5 mil that previous posters stated, any thoughts? Please have a look on my profile, any help is much appreciated! I find that my gear is pretty good but any improvements are welcome. Thanks in advance.

Have conquerors and Sirus on farm, but bossing is really really slow. Also rarely die from them except for rippy mods.

Keep in mind cruelty is not calculated at all for bleed in pob which is a pretty huge multiplier. Your gear is pretty good like you said, the only thing would be getting a vulnerability on hit ring which would be more consistent damage increase than self casting, and getting elevated phys dot on gloves with cull if you can. The market is probably very bleak for upgrades rn.

Another thing would be getting better jewels, at your stage in the build jewels with +phys dot multi will be much higher dps than %increased bleed damage. The absolute best you could aim for is +phys dot multi and %global physical damage and then %life if you can afford it.

You can think about swapping cruelty for deadly ailments as well which will be higher and more consistent bleed dps as well, but you might need another vivid hues cluster because your leech does suffer quite a bit with 80% less hit damage. Recoloring your chest might be annoying too unless you can get a few lucky white sockets.

EDIT: Also with onlsaught on your boots you could use a sulfur flask instead if you want, and Force Multiplier (double damage) on your large cluster doesn't affect bleed (if you even have it allocated, I assume it's the notable in the back).
Last edited by Eridoo on Oct 10, 2021, 6:25:17 PM
"
el_indio wrote:
"
JaguarXXX wrote:
Hate to be a pessimist, but RIP gladiator.

In 3.16, a berserker will be able to get pretty much all of gladiator's perks by getting a keystone passive and a chest mod, lol, but with AT LEAST 5x the damage output.

Gladiator was already marginible at best prior to 3.15. SST made it great for 3 months lol.

I played this build in metamorph, delerium and harvest so has been pretty good for a while now. Max block/spell block has been great for a fairly casual player like me who hates dying.

Agree that with the changes gladiator might be pointless, can get all the frenzy and onslaught stuff from ranger as well as get 50% attack/spell block. And anyone like me who went Gladiator for the block can use a ranger or marauder or other duelist ascendancy and still get the block.

So what are you plans for 3.16? I am thinking to get this build going somehow. Granted, patch notes are not out yet, but in one way or the other it should work (the question is quite the same every league). My main question is, what class to start with (Glad or other)? Is that new "Versatile Combatant" keystone mandatory?
"
Eridoo wrote:
"
farbrorfuru wrote:
Been playing this since league launch, loving it. As a casual gamer this is the farthest ive reached in a league. But i just cant seem to get past 1 mil bleed dps. Is there a vital gem swap im missing or how can i be that far from 5 mil that previous posters stated, any thoughts? Please have a look on my profile, any help is much appreciated! I find that my gear is pretty good but any improvements are welcome. Thanks in advance.

Have conquerors and Sirus on farm, but bossing is really really slow. Also rarely die from them except for rippy mods.

Keep in mind cruelty is not calculated at all for bleed in pob which is a pretty huge multiplier. Your gear is pretty good like you said, the only thing would be getting a vulnerability on hit ring which would be more consistent damage increase than self casting, and getting elevated phys dot on gloves with cull if you can. The market is probably very bleak for upgrades rn.

Another thing would be getting better jewels, at your stage in the build jewels with +phys dot multi will be much higher dps than %increased bleed damage. The absolute best you could aim for is +phys dot multi and %global physical damage and then %life if you can afford it.

You can think about swapping cruelty for deadly ailments as well which will be higher and more consistent bleed dps as well, but you might need another vivid hues cluster because your leech does suffer quite a bit with 80% less hit damage. Recoloring your chest might be annoying too unless you can get a few lucky white sockets.

EDIT: Also with onlsaught on your boots you could use a sulfur flask instead if you want, and Force Multiplier (double damage) on your large cluster doesn't affect bleed (if you even have it allocated, I assume it's the notable in the back).

Thank you so much for replying, input is very much appreciated. The CoH ring is on my to-do list aswell as the hunter/warlord apo gloves. Didnt realize +phys multiplier was that much better than the actual bleed dmg, will look into that.

Yeah that coloring sounds kind of disturbing. Maybe if i get another chest to play around with some time. I will definately change the flask. I still have some work with my jewellry to do, need to craft suffixes/prefixes cannot be changed and hope for some lucky harvest crafts on them after ive accumulated enough currency.

You are correct, I havent specced into force multiplier, its in the far back of the jewel nodes, wasnt aware the double dmg did not apply to bleeds tho, thanks for clearing that out.

"
diamin15 wrote:

So what are you plans for 3.16? I am thinking to get this build going somehow. Granted, patch notes are not out yet, but in one way or the other it should work (the question is quite the same every league). My main question is, what class to start with (Glad or other)? Is that new "Versatile Combatant" keystone mandatory?

I think if you want spell block Versatile combatant will be mandatory. If lucky block chance applies also to spell block the build may be fundamentally the same, or spell suppression may make up the difference as long as there isn't too many points needed. I think it will remain a fairly cheap build that can do most content.

The changes to auras might mean it is possible to run pride, malevolence as well as herald of purity/flesh and stone/aspect of the spider and maybe even war banner.
Last edited by el_indio on Oct 13, 2021, 5:24:01 AM
Well, with those masteries on skill tree revealed it looks like all that pathing for all current builds will be sort of "obsolete".

I'm really curious what will come out from it, as that's probably the greatest global change to a skill tree since many leagues now.
The build got hit by the changes but not much. We lost some block and damage but that's all. Should still be pretty solid I believe
"
MemesReborn wrote:
The build got hit by the changes but not much. We lost some block and damage but that's all. Should still be pretty solid I believe

Not that much?

Ascendancy changes, the whole skill tree redesign, lowered damage on SST gem.

However have no idea what buffs/changes are on skill tree - though you may be right that it will be almost the same at the end... anyway some work will be required to tweak it to playable state - whether that will be trivial or not - we shall see ;]
Last edited by artisanix on Oct 14, 2021, 7:38:49 PM
"
artisanix wrote:
"
MemesReborn wrote:

Not that much?

Ascendancy changes, the whole skill tree redesign, lowered damage on SST gem.

However have no idea what buffs/changes are on skill tree - though you may be right that it will be almost the same at the end... anyway some work will be required to tweak it to playable state - whether that will be trivial or not - we shall see ;]

Can you link me to that lower damage on SST gem?
"
ressiv wrote:

Can you link me to that lower damage on SST gem?

It’s in the patch notes. The base damage at level 20 has been halved from last league. Also the added damage per 15 armour has been lowered a bit. And the Uber lab enchant that was previously +5 projectiles is now +3 instead.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info