[3.15] Spectral Shield Throw Bleed Gladiator - tanky & fast mapping - good scaling - all content

+1 to easiest build I ever played

perhaps too good

With the exception of The Feared I made it through all content deathless at awakened 9 during Expedition. Most bosses deathless on the first try. I crafted a top notch shield and axe but I wasn't running a +DoT watcher's eye. Damage nerfs might be fine as long as defenses end up decent. The build is the opposite of a glass cannon anyway. Lots to learn about 3.16
Hey everybody, can someone help me ? I'm pretty new to all this shield stuff and i tried a similar build, i have huge problem to clear T1 or T2 maps and i don't know what i'm doing wrong, can someone look at my char, i know i'm not res cap but i'm working on it and my problem is the clear speed. The name of my char is CaptainRobert in scourge league ? thanks in advance all ! <3
Last edited by FusRohBert on Oct 24, 2021, 2:06:41 PM
Pierce helps. A poacher's aim jewel is a cheap way to get it while leveling
"
FusRohBert wrote:
Hey everybody, can someone help me ? I'm pretty new to all this shield stuff and i tried a similar build, i have huge problem to clear T1 or T2 maps and i don't know what i'm doing wrong, can someone look at my char, i know i'm not res cap but i'm working on it and my problem is the clear speed. The name of my char is CaptainRobert in scourge league ? thanks in advance all ! <3

I see a lot of improvements in 4 main areas: gems, items, skill tree and masteries.

GEMS

Remove Deadly Ailments and Unbound Ailments and replace with Swift Affliction and Brutality, these are just better damage wise.

In your case Deadly Ailments lowers overall damage and that's not a good gem for this build at all, as many are better.

ITEMS

The most important is that you need a 6-link on chest. Even Tabula is far better than your current piece in that slot.
Then you can put there other gems from these: Maim, Chance to Bleed, Unbound Ailments, Lifetap, Cruelty - what to choose here should depend on your preferences, playstyle, and current item setup.

Always search for a shield with highest armour - that's your main source of damage. Other mods on shield are far less important.

SKILL TREE

Why are you branching on inner and outer rings towards right side of the tree? It's a waste on skill points. 7 skill points should be easily recovered from there.

That's no efficient to branch out towards Constitution notable from the bottom as you do it now. All this build is about is bleed - physical damage over time. Increasing Attack Damage and Projectile damage does very little here as both don't increase bleed at all - so notable Command of Steel, and keystone Iron Grip are not good for this build.

Notable Dirty Techniques is easily accessible from your tree but not taken.

MASTERIES

Many masteries are a trap, they do promise more than can deliver.

You have Life Mastery 10% increased life / 10% reduced recovery and you have gem Blood Rage.

These two don't work together nicely. Blood Rage is a debuff you want to counter with high life regen, e.g. Vitality gem + increased life recovery, not otherwise. So this mastery does more harm than good for recovery potential of this build.

You do not have Bleeding Mastery 60% increased bleeding duration.

Overall there's a lot to improve in your build.
Just look at gems and skill tree of my build VixTheHeist for reference, that's bleed SST at lvl 100. It has been made on SSF, so if you play on trade it can be improved further with awakened gems and some other tweaks here and there.
"
artisanix wrote:
"
FusRohBert wrote:

I see a lot of improvements in 4 main areas: gems, items, skill tree and masteries.

GEMS

Remove Deadly Ailments and Unbound Ailments and replace with Swift Affliction and Brutality, these are just better damage wise.

In your case Deadly Ailments lowers overall damage and that's not a good gem for this build at all, as many are better.

ITEMS

The most important is that you need a 6-link on chest. Even Tabula is far better than your current piece in that slot.
Then you can put there other gems from these: Maim, Chance to Bleed, Unbound Ailments, Lifetap, Cruelty - what to choose here should depend on your preferences, playstyle, and current item setup.

Always search for a shield with highest armour - that's your main source of damage. Other mods on shield are far less important.

SKILL TREE

Why are you branching on inner and outer rings towards right side of the tree? It's a waste on skill points. 7 skill points should be easily recovered from there.

That's no efficient to branch out towards Constitution notable from the bottom as you do it now. All this build is about is bleed - physical damage over time. Increasing Attack Damage and Projectile damage does very little here as both don't increase bleed at all - so notable Command of Steel, and keystone Iron Grip are not good for this build.

Notable Dirty Techniques is easily accessible from your tree but not taken.

MASTERIES

Many masteries are a trap, they do promise more than can deliver.

You have Life Mastery 10% increased life / 10% reduced recovery and you have gem Blood Rage.

These two don't work together nicely. Blood Rage is a debuff you want to counter with high life regen, e.g. Vitality gem + increased life recovery, not otherwise. So this mastery does more harm than good for recovery potential of this build.

You do not have Bleeding Mastery 60% increased bleeding duration.

Overall there's a lot to improve in your build.
Just look at gems and skill tree of my build VixTheHeist for reference, that's bleed SST at lvl 100. It has been made on SSF, so if you play on trade it can be improved further with awakened gems and some other tweaks here and there.

Thanks a lot dude, i did know that a lot of thing were wrong in my char and honestly, i didn't know where to begin with, thanks to you I can improve a lot, thanks :D
Update pls
Hello this build will be updated or not ? or someone have a link for a similar build updated ?
"
Nerzyy wrote:
Hello this build will be updated or not ? or someone have a link for a similar build updated ?

on top of the nerfs to sst at the start of the league they had a patch that nerfed shields armour making it a double nerf. for now i wouldnt advise playing this.
I play it and the dmg and defence feels very bad.
i play it too and that true that feel very squeshy in both def and dmg that so sad they nerf it when toxic rain is too op or frost blad for the last 4 league...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info