It's almost 2020(Now its actually 2020) - Lets have Male and Female versions of all classes.

I rather stick with the usual, the male/female stuff comes after the new content,bugfixing,after the tons of other issues that need to be fixed.

I want my old globe girls back, but even that seems to be an impossible thing right now.
"
SkyTomCar wrote:
You certainly dont speak for me I personally enjoy the scion and rangers banter and comments. Both of them clearly have abit of an Athena/Diana the huntress vibe for the kind of setting they live in.

Why you dont care for it, well Id rather not delve into a psyche that thinks like yours unless your on my couch paying me 500 an hour.

You can't even type coherently. 500 what, crayons?

No genuine psychiatric practitioner would be insulting an individual's mental state on a forum for expressing the view that they don't enjoy being force-fed identity politics, in an otherwise enjoyable GAME.

I know lots of people dislike the dialogue I mentioned. But, of course, if someone disagrees with you then it's fine to insult their mental state in a bid to discredit their opinion.

I for one think there is no need for identity politics in games. We have enough of this nonsense in film and television franchises currently. Now, state your case without the insults if it's strong enough to stand on its own two feet.

Last edited by HipPoEpotamus on Feb 25, 2020, 9:29:54 AM
"
Dear GGG,
Let's see if this passes the Reversal Test.
"
When you added alternate genders for each class, you shouldn't have included identity politics nonsense in the male dialogue.

Everyone hates the male Scion's MGTOW misogyny, and the male Ranger isn't much better.

I'd rather not have to turn down the dialogue volume while levelling these characters to avoid sexist insults.
Would I agree with such a post? Maybe... but probably not. Drama is interesting and I like characters that say outrageous, sometimes offensive shit. Doesn't mean I believe in it, just means I like characters that aren't PC cutouts of each other.

And maybe I'm wrong, but I think deep down you probably feel similarly. As a rule of thumb, people with the chutzpah to call feminism sexist generally aren't true believers in speech policing.

How about instead of trying to fight cancel culture with cancel culture, you put up with a bit of banter, just a little bit of edge, and encourage your zealous opponents to respond in kind? Because the last thing I want is the replacement of the current political correctness paradigm with one that's just as censorious but inverted in its partisanship.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Feb 25, 2020, 9:35:50 AM
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
Dear GGG,
Let's see if this passes the Reversal Test.
"
When you added alternate genders for each class, you shouldn't have included identity politics nonsense in the male dialogue.

Everyone hates the male Scion's MGTOW misogyny, and the male Ranger isn't much better.

I'd rather not have to turn down the dialogue volume while levelling these characters to avoid sexist insults.
Would I agree with such a censor? Maybe... but probably not. Drama is interesting and I like characters that say outrageous, sometimes offensive shit. Doesn't mean I believe in it, just means I like characters that aren't PC cutouts of each other.

And maybe I'm wrong, but I think deep down you probably feel similarly. As a rule of thumb, people with the chutzpah to call feminism sexist generally aren't true believers in speech policing.

How about instead of trying to fight cancel culture with cancel culture, you put up with a bit of banter, just a little bit of edge, and encourage your zealous opponents to respond in kind? Because the last thing I want is the replacement of the current political correctness paradigm with one that's just as censorious but inverted in its partisanship.

All well and good, but this isn't how things work. If 66% of the male characters were continually bad mouthing women would it be a different case? By your reasoning, to balance things out our heroes should all be insulting the opposite gender.

I'm all for the villains in the game making controversial statements. That's what makes us dislike them. But our protagonists? I would like to relate to mine, not be shunned by them.

Don't confuse feminism with sexism, or attribute myself as doing so. Feminism is positive towards women, not negative towards men. There's a big difference.

Come on. The Scion's dialogue is relentless. If it were a few passing jibes then fair enough. But personally, it's too much for me. Especially after levelling the Scion 100's of times.

I would just rather any new protagonist dialogue which is being added inteh future was a bit more, quote on quote "balanced".
Last edited by HipPoEpotamus on Feb 25, 2020, 9:50:36 AM
"
Everyone hates the Scion's feminist man-hating, and the Ranger isn't much better.
"
If 66% of the male characters were continually bad mouthing women would it be a different case? By your reasoning, to balance things out our heroes should all be insulting the opposite gender.
"
I'm all for the villains in the game making controversial statements. That's what makes us dislike them. But our protagonists? I would like to relate to mine, not be shunned by them.
Funny, didn't catch the part where you complained about the Witch and the Shadow.

And in all seriousness, one of my bigger disappointments was taking a break of several years and coming back to a Marauder that was much less brutal and more "noble savage" than I left him. I liked that he wasn't a hero. And I miss Old Marauder a lot.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Feb 25, 2020, 9:57:12 AM
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
Everyone hates the Scion's feminist man-hating, and the Ranger isn't much better.
"
If 66% of the male characters were continually bad mouthing women would it be a different case? By your reasoning, to balance things out our heroes should all be insulting the opposite gender.
"
Funny, didn't catch the part where you complained about the Witch and the Shadow.

And in all seriousness, one of my bigger disappointments was taking a break of several years and coming back to a Marauder that was much less brutal and more "noble Savage" than I left him. I liked that he wasn't a hero. And I miss Old Marauder a lot.

I'm struggling to come up with reasons to dislike the dialogue of the Shadow, or Witch. I like both of them. They have their own personal goals in the game rather than a skewed agenda to polarise every situation into being gender-specific. What's your point?
We should also have transgender classes
Need more brains, exile?
"
What's your point?
That social justice warriors are annoying, and that you're being one.
"
MasterTBC wrote:
We should also have transgender classes
Who's to say we don't already?

But I wouldn't mind a non-binary. As long as they're, like, Taylor Mason non-binary, and not Tumblr non-binary.

Seriously best character on that Billions show.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Feb 25, 2020, 10:09:14 AM
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
What's your point?
That social justice warriors are annoying, and that you're being one.

Stating your opinions isn't being a social justice warrior. I'm not looking for justice for anyone I just don't want to listen to that s*** when I'm playing a game. If you like the Scion's dialogue then just say so instead of trying to attack me.
"
I'm not looking for justice for anyone I just don't want to listen to that s*** when I'm playing a game. If you like the Scion's dialogue then just say so instead of trying to attack me.
I like disliking it.

But in all fairness to you, if I was GGG I'd consider it an important marketing decision to not make the alternate Scion or alternate Ranger non-binary, nor trans, nor male feminists. I think it would be a nice homage to Frank Miller's The Dark Knight Returns to have the male Ranger go off all Ayn Rand on occasion, and I'd probably make the male Witch be an insecure angry misogynist (which would make Piety calling him a witch all the funnier).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info