It's almost 2020(Now its actually 2020) - Lets have Male and Female versions of all classes.

Any support for being able to swap current models into any class?

I want to play macho witch looking like Marauder with Scion voice lines!
you know, because IT'S MA'AM!

Should not be that hard to add to the game, not like it would require some huge development, game already has MTX tab, it would just swap the baseline.
I represent only myself, my own thought and believes. I am individual, not a representative of the community.
I am not speaking on behalf of someone else and I don't get offended by things that have nothing to do with me.

3.13 was the golden age.
"
Marxone wrote:
Any support for being able to swap current models into any class?

I want to play macho witch looking like Marauder with Scion voice lines!
you know, because IT'S MA'AM!
If the price is right, why not?

Capitalism doesn't care what you identify as, ma'am.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
I'm not looking for justice for anyone I just don't want to listen to that s*** when I'm playing a game. If you like the Scion's dialogue then just say so instead of trying to attack me.
I like disliking it.

But in all fairness to you, if I was GGG I'd consider it an important marketing decision to not make the alternate Scion or alternate Ranger non-binary, nor trans, nor male feminists. I think it would be a nice homage to Frank Miller's The Dark Knight Returns to have the male Ranger go off all Ayn Rand on occasion, and I'd probably make the male Witch be an insecure angry misogynist (which would make Piety calling him a witch all the funnier).

I'd rather have actual characters than generalised social telegraphing. But yeh, if people love to hate the Scion then fine, make it a conscious development decision to have controversy. Let's have a Warlock who tells Shavronne to get in the kitchen and make him a sandwich. Not Doedre, obviously. She'd eat it on her way back.
I watched full exilecon & it is in their plan to make all characters incuding new ones to choose any class you want. It is a long way to wait till poe 2 but it's on the way.

Always good to have new options. I remember when I started poe years ago & that's one thing I didn't enjoy: Being forced to play cliche characters.

I would love to see more new characters for sure.
"
Niiyos wrote:
I watched full exilecon & it is in their plan to make all characters incuding new ones to choose any class you want. It is a long way to wait till poe 2 but it's on the way.

Always good to have new options. I remember when I started poe years ago & that's one thing I didn't enjoy: Being forced to play cliche characters.

I would love to see more new characters for sure.

I suppose its a compromise i can live with..

I'm 100% in support of GGG adding alternate character models only purchasable via the MTX shop but i am NOT in support of them adding alternate sex versions of the base classes there.. That should be available to everyone for free.

But shit! sell me a skeleton or zombie skin and TAKE MY MONEY LOL

MTX need to be worthwhile upgrades to your visuals.
Innocence forgives you
Last edited by SilentSymphony on Feb 29, 2020, 2:25:41 AM
utterly unneeded trash, especially since you can't see what's under the armour/mtx.

That people still make a fuss over such a non issue is laughable.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
"
lagwin1980 wrote:
utterly unneeded trash, especially since you can't see what's under the armour/mtx.

This is a feedback thread, you don't have to comment everything, and arguably making a fuss over some feedback is laughable.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
"
lagwin1980 wrote:

You insert the word fuss to put your own spin on the support for this, People aren't making a fuss, I personally might have a few heavy handed statements about GGG adding it as a payed option being low-brow.

I hear about this a lot from the friends i get to try POE because pretty much every modern game even ones that came before POE had this basic option available.

Lastly chris was actually asked about this at EXILE CON by an interviewer so if anyone thinks its NOT something people want they are completely oblivious to reality.
Innocence forgives you
"
alternate sex versions of the base classes … should be available to everyone for free.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
alternate sex versions of the base classes … should be available to everyone for free.

Well to each their own opinion right? i can dislike it all i want from a business standpoint its probably hard to justify for a lot of people that it would increase profits without charging for it.

I do want this game to be successful and as many have mentioned just allowing the usage of the already existent characters under any class would probably do the job just fine and cost SIGNIFICANTLY less... I can live with that considering i would have been fine either way.

The biggest reason i made this thread was because of friends reactions to the game and the character creation as well as my experience in some other modern mmorpg and noticing the types of people that play them and what they actually put the most effort into and why, there's quite a large amount of people who focus on the visuals of their character even if it is a trivial thing to a lot of people for them it is almost everything.

So yeah! just unbinding the default characters to be able to play any class is not perfect but it would achieve the same effect as intended.
Innocence forgives you

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info