It's almost 2020(Now its actually 2020) - Lets have Male and Female versions of all classes.

"
Heminized wrote:
All my years of gaming and yet these threads are still out there....Too funny.

Bottom line, more choices in a game is never a bad thing and there has always been a player base in games that refuse to RP the opposite gender.

Two things I find beyond stupid.

1. Arguing with said player that it's their duty to just suck it up and do it.
2. Programmers that Pigeon Hole a Player base into that decision.

But hey, their loss...Just have to wonder how much $ is lost due to such a simple programming choice....

*Shrugs*

I will be fair here they did decide to embed a story into each character and i totally get that but that is mostly suited for linear single player games.

but thank you for your input on the topic and recognizing that overall it would not be a bad thing to add more choice and that there are in fact quite a lot of people who do play around these sorts of limitations.
Innocence forgives you
I'm sure there are a lot of far more prioritized things that this nonsence.
"
MisterAL wrote:

That could literally be said about almost everything in this game outside of fixing performance issues.

Please do read a topic's OP before replying as this is suggested as a long term goal and not something to be considered over more important things like performance updates and a few other things that are hurting the game right now.
Innocence forgives you
"
"
MisterAL wrote:

That could literally be said about almost everything in this game outside of fixing performance issues.

Please do read a topic's OP before replying as this is suggested as a long term goal and not something to be considered over more important things like performance updates and a few other things that are hurting the game right now.

-New content
-You want your ranger to have a penis and a beard

hmmm. priorities.
"
apexmateria1 wrote:
"
"
MisterAL wrote:

-New content

hmmm. priorities.

Yeah because its all about me lol, I'd like the option to play a male witch sure but the overall reason for this thread is actually not about me at all rather about making the game more attractive to a wider audience.
Innocence forgives you
"
apexmateria1 wrote:
-New content

hmmm. priorities.
As opposed to wanting your Ranger to look like a white chessboard piece with yin-yang wings.

I don't think it's realistic at all to expect GGG to make alternate gender character models and make those models freely available. But as a (probably expensive af) purchase in the MTX store? Why the fuck not?
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Feb 23, 2020, 5:44:25 PM
I am opposed to this being anything but a very costly pay for option. Why you might ask? Well Ill try to explain myself clearly.

This may surprise folks but Quality Voice actors are able to demand some very impressive salaries if being kept on staff, and can demand some very high hourly wages if only being brought in for temp jobs.

This is then compounded by how picky those in charge of quality control of the project are. Its not unheard of for a VA to spend all day in a booth and only have a matter of minutes of that days recordings accepted. Ive always felt the VA work in PoE was pretty top teir and likely cost them no small sum to produce.

I have zero issue with folks wanting more options, but wanting them for free yep nope wont ever concur with on this game that already gives us so much upfront and doesnt really cost much to get enough QoL upgrades like storage to enjoy the game casually. one 20 dollar supporter pack can do that if the 200 points are saved for a stash sale.

Just adding the voice for a single alternate gender character could run them into the 6 figures if they use a note worthy and well rated VA. And that is just the VAs salary not the audio pros doing the grunt work to turn the recording into in game auditory candy.

So while I would love for example a female marauder based on the actress that plays Bobbi Drake in The Expanse and have that actress do the VA ideally. I know that would likely cost the company around a cool quarter of a mil in total.

For that kind of cash being dropped on their end Id imagine we would be paying 500ish points for just one classes alternate. Since the OP has multiple times in this thread they would see having to pay for the option as a slap in the face, I then say the option should not be added.

And I do think they would need to use gimmicks like famous VAs or just celebrity actors to really add to the fervor enough to generate enough good press that could bring in enough new customers to justify the time and expense.

For example imagine Lena Headly as the voice of a pious female templar. We know that would generate buzz, and get at least some buyers, but would it be enough to outweigh the cost of paying her to do the work? Im not certain of that myself, would it get some sales no doubt, but enough?

Or Maisie Williams for a short and sassy female shadow( and duelist to for that matter) Again no doubt a fair few would buy such to hear her quips about sticking them with the pointy end. But enough?

Or Viggo Mortensen as a male ranger? See were I am going with this right? to really do it in a way that would get the hype up to help draw in new money, they would have to take it up a notch, and make it financially worthwhile.

Id personally see them add entire new classes and characters then just a new flavor of the current ones.

Thats my input on this with the intent being to remain politically neural and address the most obvious reason why the company really has no reason to do this, when players like the OP outright say we want this, but we want it for free.

Keep in mind this is really all about the voice, as with a large variety of the MTX sets out there one cant really see the figure of the character enough to really matter.

Dear GGG,

If / when you add alternate genders for each class please don't include identity politics nonsense in the female dialogue.

Everyone hates the Scion's feminist man-hating, and the Ranger isn't much better.

I'd rather not have to turn down the dialogue volume while levelling these characters to avoid sexist insults.

Thank you very much.
Last edited by HipPoEpotamus on Feb 25, 2020, 6:19:04 AM
Female Marauder - Ezomyte
Female Shadow - Agent
Male Witch - Warlock
Female Duelist - Virago
Male Scion - Veteran
Female Templar - Priestess
Male Hunter - Bushman
You certainly dont speak for me I personally enjoy the scion and rangers banter and comments. Both of them clearly have abit of an Athena/Diana the huntress vibe for the kind of setting they live in.

Why you dont care for it, well Id rather not delve into a psyche that thinks like yours unless your on my couch paying me 500 an hour.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info