It's almost 2020(Now its actually 2020) - Lets have Male and Female versions of all classes.

"
the usage of the already existent characters under any class would probably do the job just fine and cost SIGNIFICANTLY less...
I'm completely against that as well. I'm not okay with the immersion-breaking of having the dainty Witch model running around pretending to be a gruff Marauder, I'm not okay with Witch voice lines coming out of female Marauder lips, and you've completely forgotten about Ascendancy portraits, which would be 4.5 times the work with your plan vs a single alt-sex set of portraits. Not to even mention the affordance of having model and portrait mean something about an Ally's class when partying.

I'm for alt-gender model+voice+portrait bundles, providing they are luxury MTXs. I'm completely against what you're pitching.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
the usage of the already existent characters under any class would probably do the job just fine and cost SIGNIFICANTLY less...
I'm completely against that as well. I'm not okay with the immersion-breaking of having the dainty Witch model running around pretending to be a gruff Marauder, I'm not okay with Witch voice lines coming out of female Marauder lips, and you've completely forgotten about Ascendancy portraits, which would be 4.5 times the work with your plan vs a single alt-sex set of portraits. Not to even mention the affordance of having model and portrait mean something about an Ally's class when partying.

I'm for alt-gender model+voice+portrait bundles, providing they are luxury MTXs. I'm completely against what you're pitching.

You were ok with the base models being available like that under the condition that it costs money but why only in that case?

I did not forget about any of the portrait/etc stuff you mentioned btw, Not sure what led you to that conclusion other than i did not mention them.. its a given that those things need to be changed.

And what even? at the witches lines coming out of a female marauders lips? wutttt are you talking about lol, to start that would never happen in the proposed concept in this thread.. this thread proposes they add female/male alternatives for each class not unbind them all

The messed up non-immersive bit comes into play with the allowing swapping of base character starting points of all the classes which is not the idea presented in this thread though for intended end goal of this idea it generally has the desired effect, the character in question would use all of their normal lines and there would be no wacky loss of immersion outside of as you said perhaps the portrait art but even if i do get where you are coming from portrait art only means something if that character is actually built into a traditional build for that class, the group play you speak of is mostly with guild and friends where the people you are playing with generally know what spec you are, but with a public party it doesn't really matter all that much outside of only a couple ascendancy nodes ex: slayer culling strike if you're a culler you cant have a slayer hitting stuff and a few other ascendancy nodes that can conflict pretty heavily.

Anyway lol thanks for the non-toxic feedback it is appreciated even if you are against the method of acquisition i prefer.. that's what this thread is for after all be it for or against to get the community's feedback on the idea.
Innocence forgives you
"
You were ok with the base models being available
No.

Just to clarify:
• I'm against swapping models or voice acting or portraits from one class to another class. Free or not.
• I'm for adding a brand-new alternative gender pack for each class, e.g. female Marauder. I would expect these packs to have new models, new voice acting, new portraits for each ascendancy, and a price tag.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
You were ok with the base models being available
No.

Just to clarify:
• I'm against swapping models or voice acting or portraits from one class to another class. Free or not.
• I'm for adding a brand-new alternative gender pack for each class, e.g. female Marauder. I would expect these packs to have new models, new voice acting, new portraits for each ascendancy, and a price tag.

We're you joking with the below quote then? just making sure lol

"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
Marxone wrote:
Any support for being able to swap current models into any class?

I want to play macho witch looking like Marauder with Scion voice lines!
you know, because IT'S MA'AM!
If the price is right, why not?

Anyway i just could not support GGG with future money if they added alternate sex options without having basic ones available for everyone to use, I want worthwhile and truly unique character models to buy like a skeleton or a zombie.

Selling your players an option that most games of this type have had before this game came out as an option and pretty much everything that came after it had (note we're talking multiplayer games) is extremely low-brow.

Anyway its pretty clear we are on opposite sides of the fence on monetization when it comes to basic gender options being made available but it does seem like you are generally for the idea of adding additional character model options so long as it fulfills your conditions which i agree they should add options i just think those options should be more than what i proposed in the OP especially if you are paying for them.

Anywho thx again for your input, safe travels exile.
Innocence forgives you
Last edited by SilentSymphony on Mar 1, 2020, 2:07:00 AM
"
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
Just to clarify:
We're you joking with the below quote then? just making sure lol
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
Marxone wrote:
Any support for being able to swap current models into any class?

I want to play macho witch looking like Marauder with Scion voice lines!
you know, because IT'S MA'AM!
If the price is right, why not?
A question isn't a statement. Molasses edit: The goal of the question was to continue the conversation with what I perceived as mock-support for the idea from Marxone. That means I was interpreting "I want to play macho witch looking like Marauder with Scion voice lines! you know, because IT'S MA'AM!" as sarcasm, and as such responded with irony.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Mar 1, 2020, 1:33:25 PM
What even is this thread? Female/male models for all classes have been confirmed to be probably sold as MTX.
"
Cence99 wrote:
confirmed to be probably
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
Cence99 wrote:
confirmed to be probably

I lol'd !! :D
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
"
Cence99 wrote:
What even is this thread? Female/male models for all classes have been confirmed to be probably sold as MTX.

They were NOT confirmed that was chris replying to a question during exilecon and explaining how he would probably go about it, is it on his mind now? maybe since he was asked in public about it but again not confirmed.

I'm a huge fan of them adding payed custom models with all the bells and whistles and that's great but it wont effect new players at all and the main point of this thread is IMMERSION and being able to play the class you want as your desired sex can be quite a big deal in terms of immersion and ultimately its about expanding the base potential of POE to attract more players over time not to tickle the fancy of a couple people who already play the game like crack addicts (points at self) if they are gonna add stuff for us then they should add something truly worth our peacock syndromes.

I love the witch but I've never felt like "that's me" do you understand?

There are a lot of archetypes of people out there such as Auditory or Visual and more and different stimulus means a great deal to different types of people, for some how their character looks is EVERYTHING to them where as another user the music/voices are mission critical to their immersion.

Many do not seem to see the potential of going about this the way i am talking about and i don't expect everyone to as most of the people here are just consumers but i work in both the service and gaming industry and i have to ask myself when pushing out content and services how are people going to react to this?

Path of Exile has always been a game i was proud to recommend to other people because their cash shop is pretty far from pay to win compared to a lot of other games and if you just look at what has been done to the chinese version of POE you can see just how easily people will throw their morals out the window for the sake of profit and GGG has been pretty damn good about this, Stash tabs surely could be called pay to win for example but i can easily play with the default tabs and do just fine but even with that being said GGG hasn't banned third party trade tools which further to their credit they seem to actually care at some level what people think about them.

Adding base alternate sex options as pay-only will make GGG look thirsty and if GGG is ok with that then whatever but they are 100% without a shadow of a doubt going to deter some archetypal personality's from supporting or even playing this game at all.

So i think they should:
Add the base alternate sex options for free
Add truly worthwhile character packages at the same time obviously at higher cost than most mtx

When they added premium hideouts they also added free ones, so GGG does think about this stuff and to their credit they have done a pretty good job at keeping this game from being a cash-grab-simulator unlike most of their competition who have much more resources available than they do but just because these competitors have more resources available does not mean GGG is a tiny entity anymore, they most certainly are NOT.

Innocence forgives you
Last edited by SilentSymphony on Mar 1, 2020, 8:55:03 PM
I don't think GGG should do anything until PoE2
Duelist should be female by default in PoE2
Scion should be non-binary by default in PoE2, and have both male and female alternates
One alt-gender should be $10 ($8 sale)
Female alternates pack (Marauder, Duelist, Shadow, female Scion) should be $30 ($25 sale)
Male alternates pack (Duelist, Ranger, Witch, male Scion) should be $30 ($25 sale)
All 8 bundle should be $50 ($45 sale)

This is assuming PoE2 has same 7 classes. I hope they don't.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Mar 1, 2020, 9:24:39 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info