[3.21] ShakCentral's Cold DoT Elementalist For Everyone

"
CelciusX wrote:
guys i need some suggestions to make my char a little bit more tanky.

maybe taking glancing blows with nearby blocking nodes can help but I'm not sure which dmg nodes to drop. :S

I would drop the Sulfer flask for a Basalt. You can also pick up a jewel with cannot be inflicted with corrupted blood so you can use that affix for something else.

Add Tempering Catalysts to your amulet.

Your 3 rare jewels are missing ES. That would be a 21-24% increase. I would try to get a rare jewel with 8% energy shield, corrupted blood, and anything else you need. Setup a live search for ES and corrupted blood and you can usually snipe them really cheap.

You have an empty socket. You could add in a guard skill such as Steelskin and then just have it on your left mouse button so it is constantly refreshing as you run.

Maybe a Shaper Crystal Belt with "increased energy shield from body armor".

Last edited by Fizzx_Gaming on May 7, 2021, 2:35:18 PM
"
goatcheese61 wrote:
"
I think I saw this on another build but if you can fit in a gem with the Enduring Composure passive you basically get permanent 3 Endurance Charges! I think it's much more worth over the extra ES, at least in PoB the effective hp says so.

How are you keeping this up? I can see it being useful when you do get hit, but you have no increased duration of charges, so they expire in what 8 seconds? Are you really getttng hit multiple times every 8 seconds? we have high block and spell block, we have some level of dodge and eva from flasks, mobs are all heavily chilled or outright froze, mobs are all blind, we never stand still, and anything thats actually dangerous also has temp chains on it.

I dont think I get hit twice in every 20 seconds, let alone twice in ever 8 to keep charges up.

Well the key thing is you only need to get hit once for it to start stacking charges up to your maximum. You don't need 100% uptime throughout the map either, it just procs whenever you run through multiple packs of enemies at once. Even if your Immortal Call consumes the charges, it immediately starts stacking again because you just got hit.

I mean my block isn't capped (it's around 44% unbuffed) and I don't have Disorienting Display (which is the jewel notable I assume you're using to blind things) or Temporal Chains on my curse list so it helps me at least.
"
IchiMorghulis wrote:

I had to drop my level 3 IC for a level 12 Steelskin so I don't lose my endurance charges.

I'm pretty sure you want IC still. You get the charges back instantly whenever IC pops and it just makes IC stronger + last longer.
Last edited by Jasper111 on May 7, 2021, 2:45:14 PM
"
Jasper111 wrote:
"
IchiMorghulis wrote:

I had to drop my level 3 IC for a level 12 Steelskin so I don't lose my endurance charges.

I'm pretty sure you want IC still. You get the charges back instantly whenever IC pops and it just makes IC stronger + last longer.

I intended to revisit it at a latter time. I'm running steelskin now to get a feel for it so I'll have something to compare it to later. But you're right, the endurance charges builds up really quick.
Last edited by IchiMorghulis on May 7, 2021, 6:49:06 PM
Got 2 question about:
The High Utility Variant - NO trigger wand, QoL focus (My recommended setup)

THe EE is only coming from the tempest shield. That`s ok, because we get it on bosses from Storm Brand self cast and we don`t need it during trashes, right?.

But Frost Shield and Void Sphere are creating stationary Spheres. But I'am moving most of the time (Vortex on left-click, and hardly an alternative to it by lacking buttons to click). So is this Variant really helpfull???

Second Topioc: What would be a good setup for the Buttons? Me atm:
-------------------------------
Left Mouse Vortex
Middle Mouse Storm Brand
Right Mouse Cold Snap
4. MouseBtn Flame Dash
5. MouseBtn Vaal ColdSnap
STRG + Q W E R T: Malevolence | Clarity | Zealotry | Hatred | Discipline
Q Vaal Discipline
W Aspect of the Spider (could be swapped when needed with a STRG + Btn)
E Vitality (could be swapped when needed with a STRG + Btn)
1-5 Flasks
------------------------------

Buttons for the manual Casting of Tempest Shield, Void Sphere and Frost Shild????????? Two of them could move to W and E.
But the third???? How to do that?

Oh, and one last Question I wanted to ask for a long time:
What for VAAL Clarity? In which situations could this be helpful? I only use the normal Aura yet...
So ive been playing this build since the start and have been doing pretty well for myself.

However, i just bought a cinderswallow urn with the movement speed bonus as recommended but it get overridden by the quicksilver flask.

Is there any particular reason why the guide recommends the movement speed suffix? Something i am missing perhaps.
Hey folks, just to leave my feedback:

I've had a TON of success with the slightly different what is now the QOL LL gem setup variation. (Would only recommend after you surpass 2,3m dps)

Basically: selfcast Stormbrand + Hextouch + 2 curses (as in the guide).
Its perfect for bosses and ultimatums.

Only change I did is: get rid of trigger wand for more flexibility in wand and gem setup and use: cwdt + ic + tempest shield.
Tempest shield is a nice lil boost of defenses and is constantly up for some additional EE, but the big part is the IC (about lvl 18 and 30% less dmg taken).

I originally wanted to squeeze in endurance charges for more duration but naked IC actually works out perfectly! We have 9k+ health pool and insane regen, and the only thing that gets us is the occasional shotguns and mistakes vs slams and similar. The IC gives us shotgun prevention as well as that one second of safety for our regen to restore us fully.

I had pretty great mapping prior to it, but all it takes is an occasional death every 5,6 maps to make you lose a lot of exp.

I went from being kinda stuck at lvl 95 to easy 97 just mapping and pushing further. If youre a very experienced and active player who never makes a mistake, sure it may not be ideal, but for the average guy I really think IC does wonders. (Just make sure your cwdt is high level, as we need it for 3000+ triggers). I think it has way more value than adding more health or regen.

Damage was already great, and I prefer not dying at all personally.

Good luck!
I have a couple questions and hoping someone could offer me some upgrading advice.

I rerolled Vortex this week, I'm 82 at the moment and can clear Tier16 but have a rough time with the bosses still. Just doing Tier 11/12 to level up at the moment. My gems aren't all maxed up though, so that's to be expected.

I have four Exalts at the moment and I'm wondering what my priority should be with upgrades. Some of my gear was from my first build.

I have some higher ilvl Sorcerer Boots with Hunter influence, is the proper way to craft those basically alt slamming it? I tried doing this last night and it seems like the chances of rolling two high tier ES stats, movement speed, and resists is unlikely. The best I had was like 180 ES with a Tier2 resist stat.

Last edited by Defiants on May 8, 2021, 1:10:44 PM
"
Fizzx_Gaming wrote:
"
CelciusX wrote:
guys i need some suggestions to make my char a little bit more tanky.

maybe taking glancing blows with nearby blocking nodes can help but I'm not sure which dmg nodes to drop. :S

I would drop the Sulfer flask for a Basalt. You can also pick up a jewel with cannot be inflicted with corrupted blood so you can use that affix for something else.

Add Tempering Catalysts to your amulet.

Your 3 rare jewels are missing ES. That would be a 21-24% increase. I would try to get a rare jewel with 8% energy shield, corrupted blood, and anything else you need. Setup a live search for ES and corrupted blood and you can usually snipe them really cheap.

You have an empty socket. You could add in a guard skill such as Steelskin and then just have it on your left mouse button so it is constantly refreshing as you run.

Maybe a Shaper Crystal Belt with "increased energy shield from body armor".

ty for input sir.
i toltaly forget my jewels and quality.

change make changer on my gear atm. hardly balanced stats and resist.i have to save some ex and make a wombocombo to while upgrading my gear and balance everything again.
"We don't want to take away the feeling of closing your eyes and Exalting an item, scared to see whether you ruined it or not." -PoE Design Team Member.
"Get your magic finder characters ready!" -Chris Wilson
Hi, first off amazing guide. And I don't think I've every had a more chill (no pun intended) leveling experience. Put vortex on move and just ran through every act.

I just killed kitava though and when I look at the PoB there's the tree for Act 10, then a tree for CI Lvl 80. Seems like I should go CI when I get to >5000 ES.

So, between Act 10 and level 80 what should tree look like? I'm guessing I have to start taking all the ES nodes I can, otherwise I'll never hit 5k ES? Should I respec as much as I can to CI tree now (at lvl 71) and just not take CI until ES is high enough?

PoB: https://pastebin.com/wW3wCCdy

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info